Status: In Progress

Into the Darkness

Chapter One

Waking up to the sunlight beaming through the windows, I felt no one on the other side of the bed. Groaning, I got up throwing the silk sheets off of my body. My feet hit the cold floor as I got up off of the bed proceeding to head to the bathroom.

I live in the Salvatore house along with my partner Damon. We have been together for a really long time. My name is Kurio Blackwood. My family is famous like the Salvatore family. We’re also vampires. Damon and I met through people and the rest was history. Gracie, Damon and Stefan’s sister left without a word; it was like she vanished without a trace. I really didn’t know Gracie, I just heard about her because I didn’t live in the house at the time it happened. When it happened Damon was mad at first but then kind of gotten numb to it. Stefan just went day to day like nothing happened, but I could tell it bothered him.

After my long hot shower, I got dressed then went to find Damon. Walking out back I saw him drinking a glass of scotch looking out at the peaceful background. He was wearing a typical gray long sleeve with dark jeans.

“Why are you up this early?” I asked him walking up to him wrapping my arms around his lower half.

“I barely managed to get a few hours of sleep.” He replied.

“Something wrong?” I asked then he turned around facing me.

His eyes told me that he knew something was going to happen.

“I don’t know I feel like something bad is going to happen.” He told me.

“Damon, don’t worry about it. Please for me.” I begged him.

“Fine, I won’t.” He replied then looking away from me.

“Promise?” I asked then he looked at me.

“Promised," he told me looking at me straight in the eyes.

Then, he leaned down kissing me, tasting the scotch from his lips. Every time I kissed him, I craved more. After we broke apart, I went back into the house with Damon behind me.

-

A few hours later I woke up to loud ass music. I turned over seeing Damon waking up as well.

"Where in the hell is that loud ass music coming from" I asked.

“Downstairs.” He groaned before getting up.

I got up following him downstairs. We found two girls passed out on the bottom stairs which didn’t surprise me at all knowing Stefan. I heard girls giggling and then Damon grabbed my hand. We saw Stefan having a little party downstairs with girls who were playing Twister.

“Hey, the 2 brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug.” I told him, my heels clicking across the floor.

“You mean they owe us a persian rug? It's my house, too. Ooh! Would you like a spin?” Stefan told us.

“So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?” Damon asked.

“These ladies are helping me be all that I can be.” Stefan replied smiling.

We heard a loud knock at the door and I told Damon to go get the door. When he opened it I saw someone I haven’t seen years along with someone else I didn't recognize at all.

“"Who the hell are you? Where's Niklaus?"” She frantically said sounding pissed off.

“Klaus isn't here right now,” Stefan said.

Then, she noticed me.

“Kurio! I haven’t seen you in years!” She exclaimed then hugged me.

I hugged her back then she pulled me out arm’s length.

“You look so beautiful.” She told me.

“You too Rebekah.” I said.

"You know her?" The other girl asked.

"We've been friends for years." Rebekah told her.

"This is all very interesting," Damon spoke. "But I'm more interested in why my little sister is all BFF with Klaus' sister?"

“That is your sister?” I asked after Rebekah after she went after Gracie.

“Yes, Kurio that is Gracie, our sister.” Damon told me pointing to the blond haired girl that was standing next to the car.

“Nice to meet you Gracie, I’m Kurio.” I told her when she came back with Rebekah. She didn't seem too happy, but acknowledged me by nodding.

“Let’s go catch up in the living room.” I told Rebekah.

“Sure.” She replied then we headed to the living room.