Status: In Progress

Into the Darkness

Chapter 4

"We need to talk," Damon said, pulling me to the side. I jerked my arm away and sent him a glare.

"Don't ever touch me," I growled, letting my vampire side take over for a split second.

"Well aren't you just a joy to be around. What the hell has happened to you? Why did you leave us for? Stefan and I have been worried sick about you not knowing if you were still alive or not, yet you appear out of nowhere with an Original! Out of all the vampires you could be friends with?!" I could tell he despised them and was disappointed in me.

"At least my choice of friends is better than your choice of lover," I spat. "I left because I hate you and Stefan. You ruined my life." I left it at that and walked away. He wasn't stupid and would gradually figure it out.

Instead of interrupting Kurio and Rebekah, I headed upstairs away from everyone. I took my phone out asking Klaus what his surprise was supposed to be. I opened one of the doors to discover a guest bedroom. I went in it and flopped myself down on the bed. "Go away, Damon," I spoke, sensing that someone had entered the room.

"Wrong brother," Stefan answered.

"I'm terribly sorry. Go away, Stefan." I felt the bed sink down next to me and I glanced up to see him. "Am I not giving off a 'leave me alone' vibe here?" I questioned.

"Do you think I care?" he asked. "I haven't see you since... well, since you became a vampire. Am I not allowed to care about my only sister?"

I shook my head at him as I sat up, fixing my dress. "You don't get it. Because of you and Damon my life was ruined. I did not choose to become a vampire."

"How is that our fault?" Stefan asked, confused about what I was talking about.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I stood up as I tried to keep calm and not pull my own hair out. It was better to let it all out than to keep all my anger bottled up. "Katherine had told me herself that you two just couldn't live without your sister! So, instead of turning just the two Salvatore boys who were stupidly in love with her, she decided to make it all three Salvatore children."

"I didn't know, Grace," Stefan told me apologetically. "I had told her to not bother you."

"I was forced into a new life that I knew nothing about." Stefan came over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"At least you got to live your life as a human a little bit longer than we did," Stefan told me in hopes of making me feel better, but it didn't. Living as a human two more days after they got turned didn't really make much of a difference. Father was gone. Mother was gone. Then both brothers were gone. I was alone in the world during that period. I would have been able to gradually move on with my life. Becoming a vampire just fueled all the hatred I had for the world at the time.

There was a light knock on the door and I pulled away from Stefan, quickly wiping my eyes from the tears that fell. Rebekah was standing there with a small smile.

"We'll catch up more later," Stefan told me. He walked past Rebekah as she came into the room, closing the door behind her.

"What was that about?" she questioned, sitting down on the bed.

I sat down before shrugging. "I had a lot to get off my chest. It all just began pouring out."

"So you made up with your brothers?"

"Not exactly. Stefan - a little bit. Damon - not at all."

"It's a start," she said before pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah, I mean it could be worse. I could have a hundred brothers like you," I joked as we both laughed.

"I don't have that many brothers. Niklaus is the only one who is really all that bad."

"Oh, I see how it is. You let me meet him first in hopes he'll leave you alone!" We both started laughing again until a knock came at the door.

"Just wanted to let you know if you guys need anything just let me or one of the boys know," Kurio said as she peeked in. I nodded, waving her off.

"How did you two meet anyway?" I questioned, curious to know more about Kurio.

"We met at a party that her family was having. It's been so long ago."

A knock at the front door caught my attention as I listened in on whoever was going to open the door. When I heard Damon say "Klaus", I rushed downstairs, leaving Rebekah sitting on the bed. "You," I spoke, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Hello, love," Klaus grinned as he invited himself inside, much like Rebekah had done.

"I don't believe I said you could come in," Damon pointed out, seeming annoyed with the Mikaelsons doing whatever they pleased.

"Niklaus," Rebekah greeted, joining my side. "What is your surprise?" she asked before I could.

He smirked as he glanced around at everyone in the room. "I know how to break the curse."