Status: In Progress

Into the Darkness

Chapter 6

Instead of talking to me, Klaus started a conversation with Damon. Klaus had told me all about his curse; how the witches made it so he was only vampire instead of a powerful hybrid. To be honest, I didn't really blame them. Klaus was powerful enough as it was just being an original vampire. Him having his werewolf side would be ten times as deadly.

Klaus went with Kurio and Damon to the study, leaving Rebekah and I by ourselves. "Is he serious?" I mouthed to Rebekah so Klaus didn't hear. She gave a slight shrug. She knew he had been wanting this for centuries now. If he finally had his chance, he would take it.

I listened in to the conversation going on in the study. According to Klaus, he would need Elena. I furrowed my brows not knowing who this Elena was or why he even needed her. I was still confused as to why Klaus even had us here. He seemed to be here for his own goals. Maybe he thought I could talk some sense into my brothers? Maybe he knew all along that they were my brothers. Anger began to trigger my vampire side as I realized there was a good chance that Klaus was using me for his own personal gain. It made me wonder if he had been this entire time.

I closed my eyes as I began calming myself down. When I regained control of my human side, I opened my eyes to see I was now alone in the room. I could hear Klaus and Rebekah talking from another room, but not Kurio or Damon. I followed their voices to find them in the study where Klaus had gone minutes before.

"Love," Klaus greeted as he came over to me. He tried to kiss me, but I turned my head as the thoughts from a few seconds ago reentered my mind. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Did you not like the surprise? I found your brothers for you."

"How did you know?" I questioned as I moved away from him and went to stand by Rebekah. "How did you know they were my brothers, Klaus?"

"I may have seen some old family photos. When I asked who the beautiful, young woman was, he told me it was his long lost sister, Gracie. I put all the pieces together and realized it was actually you," Klaus explained to me.

"I didn't care to see them again," I frowned, pushing the thought away about him using me for his own personal gain. It seemed like he was just trying to make me happy, or at least get on everyone's good side. I would still have my suspicions about him.

"I'm sorry, love. I thought you would." He came over to me again and this time I let him hug me.

"It's fine. You didn't know," I told him as I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest.

"Just out of curiosity," Rebekah spoke as we pulled apart. "Where did Kurio and Damon go?" We all looked at each other before Klaus disappeared, probably to check the house for them. Rebekah and I casually left the study and towards the front door. I was listening for any voices, but heard none. No Damon, Kurio, or even Stefan, then again I hadn't heard Stefan since we talked. It was silent.

"They're gone," Klaus told us as he reappeared. He was pissed off so I was careful to not get on his bad side.

"Where could they have gone?" I asked, watching him carefully.

"That's what I'm going to find out," Klaus told us before disappearing.

"Nik! Wait!" Rebekah tried to stop him, but he was already long gone. We glanced over at each other before walking out of the house.

"Should we attempt to find him or...?" I asked Rebekah as we got back in the car.

"I'm sure he'll call if he needs us," Rebekah told me as she pulled away from the Salvatore residence.