Half Mice, Half Men

Chapter Four

Alan avoided Austin all morning. He woke up before Austin, luckily, and climbed out of bed. He changed quietly and hurriedly got ready before rushing out of the room. He ate breakfast and decided to get lost in the mansion they called the pack house.

He went to a part of the house he hasn't gone to before. He climbs up a spiral staircase that led higher than the second floor he was on. Some pack members smile and acknowledge him, but keep on their way.

He finds two giant doors and begins to pull them. They open to library and Alan gasped at the size. It was almost the equivalent of the one in Beauty & the Beast. As he climbs the staircases to more book cases, he's in awe.

He wasn't obsessed with reading like Belle, but he enjoyed it once in a while, he liked reading. Even he could appreciate the greatness of this library. As he looks through the books, he sees a bunch of classics and new ones. But he was a teenager, eighteen, and he went with the more teen audience books.

He climbs one of the books shelves to the top and lays on top where he begins to read his books. The book shelves were very tall - he was part cat, of course he could climb them - so no one could find him unless they looked up, which he doubted they would.

He lay on his stomach with his legs up, crossed at the ankle. He immediately got lost in the green hard book cover. He was interested as he read that the girl had to escape the maze before the killer killed her. She ran and tripped. The killer's voice spoke above in a speaker.

He looks up from the book when he hears the doors open. He tenses up, but when he looks down from the second floor, he relaxes and sees it's just a pack member. "Luna?" Alan tenses up again. They were looking for him. He slides back a bit and watches the pack member until he leaves.

"Is he in there?" Alan's heart flutters as he hears Austin's voice.

"No, Aust." Then the doors close. He breathes a sigh of relief and goes back to reading. They obviously weren't going to look for him in there again. Though, his body did start cramping up from the hard wood. He moves onto his back.

No one bothered him for a long time until he hears the doors open again. He looks down and sees it's the Alpha, Austin's dad. Alan stays silent until Principle Carlile speaks, "Alan, come out. I know you're in here."

Alan contemplated whether or not he should, but he decided he would since the Alpha appeared to be alone. The Alpha turns to look at him when he hears comotion. He sees Alan climb down the shelf to the half way point before jumping down to the floor and jumping over the rail of the second floor.

"You're agile," Principle Carlile comments when Alan stands in front of him.

"Yeah, guess so."

"Must be from being part cat. You know, we don't know much about your kind. No one's ever cared enough to get to know you. But I didn't come here to talk about that." Alan winces, he knew why Mr. Carlile came in here.

"Austin's coronation. He's going to become Alpha soon and that means you'll become Luna." And Alan's eyes widen, maybe Mr. Carlile hadn't heard.

"Now that my son has found his mate, he can take over as Alpha of the pack. Do you want to wait until you graduate high school, or do it now?"

Alan blinks rapidly, "Oh, um, anything's fine with me, sir."

"Come on, Alan. What's with this 'sir' business, you can call me Perry!"

Alan blushed, but nodded, "Okay, si-Perry."

"Okay. We'll have the coronation next week, I'm so ready to retire. I'll see you at lunch, Alan."

"Bye, Perry."

"Oh, one more thing," he says turning back to face Alan.

"Yes?"

"My son is an idiot, I know, but he's going crazy looking for you. I won't tell him where you are because I respect you, but at least talk to him, okay?" He raises an eye-brow and Alan throws his arms around his future father-in-law.

"Thank you." Perry's eyes soften and he hugs Alan back. Alan was a gentle creature that no one could get mad at. He was usually smiles - well, now that he didn't live with his abusive father - and it was contagious. Perry cared deeply for Alan.

"You're welcome." Alan pulls back and smiles at him. "I'll see you later, Alan." Then Perry leaves. Alan begins climbing more book shelves as he begins to see there are two other people in this giant library.

He finds another book to read and when he finishes that one, he begins to climb down. When he turns to walk away, he bumps into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Luna. I just came to investigate the noise, I didn't know you were going to come this way."

"No, no. Don't worry about it, it's okay."

Alan smiles at the person who bumped into him. He looked a couple years older than Alan, but he was really short. It was Mr. Way. "Oh, hi, Mr. Way."

"Now, now, Alan. You're going to be my Luna soon, call me Frank."

They begin talking then and Alan learns Frank is a vampire who is mated to a werewolf Gerard. Alan felt at ease which surprised him because Frank most definitely had the ability to break every bone in Alan's body.

As Alan watched him, he noticed how dark his hair was, how pale his skin was, how beautiful he was over all. Then his eyes travel down as he studied Frank's body. He was lean and short, but Alan noticed that Frank placed a hand over his abdomen and rubbed it slowly. That's when Alan noticed the small bump there. Frank was pregnant.

"May I ask you a question, Alan?"

"Of course."

"Why are you avoiding Austin?"

"Oh, uh," and Alan begins to explain to him everything from yesterday. He felt lucky at the fact he was mated to Austin because then others actually gave him a chance and actually got to know him for who he is, not for what he is.

"Well, the way I see it, you need to get this over with and talk to him. He loves you very much. And he only did it to protect you, sure, he went about it the wrong way and I'd pissed too if Gerard did that, but I know it'd be to protect me. I know you've forgiven him, now it's time to forget it."

Alan bites his lip. He knew Frank was right. He knew it, but he was nervous? Scared? Frank's phone beeps and when he checks it, he smiles. "That's Gerard. I have to go now, but think about what I said."

"Bye, Frank. See you around."

Frank waves before leaving the library. And then Alan sat there, thinking. He knew everyone was right, but he was deeply hurt. He didn't know if he could forget this.

He decided he'd see Kellin to get his opinion. He places the books back before he runs out of the library down the stairs to their floor all the way to Kellin's - and Oli's - room, "Kellin!" He knocks softly. No answer. He bites his hip as he opens the door. "Kellin?"

But then he spots him, on Oli's bed making out, no shirts, and Kellin had no pants, just underwear. "Oh, my God! I'm so sorry!" Alan squealed. He slams the door closed and bumps into a hard chest.

When he looks up, he blushes as he sees who it is.

"Au-Austin. Hi."

Austin stared down at him, eyes burning into Alan's soul before he couldn't take it anymore and he ran off. He begins going down the stairs and runs. Some of the members he runs by ask what's wrong, but before he can explain, he's already passed them.

"Alan!"

He runs outside through the back door and rushes into the forest. He didn't bother looking back, he knew Austin was behind him. He runs in and from behind, he hears clothes tearing. Shoot. Austin had just transformed into his wolf form.

Alan begins climbing a tree and he hears Austin below him. When he reaches a steady branch, he begins to walk across to the next tree. He begins climbing higher until Austin couldn't see him from below.

Austin's wolf was a dark brown that matched Austin's hair color when he was in his human form. It was about six feet tall. He had golden brown eyes. He was beautiful. Austin rushed forward thinking Alan was ahead, but when Alan is sure he's gone, he climbs down and jumps.

But the moment his feet touch the ground, Austin rushes forward and stares Alan down. Alan begins backing up as Austin stalks forward. He shifts back and presses Alan up against the tree. Alan couldn't face him, and the fact that Austin was naked didn't help.

"Alan."

Alan's gaze stayed towards the ground.

"Alan. We need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about. We apologized last night." Alan could taste the lie on his tongue.

"Okay. Then why have you been avoiding me?"

"I haven't been avoiding you."

Austin growls and punches the tree next to him, "For fuck's sake, Alan!" Alan jumps, but doesn't raise his gaze. Austin noticed and he calms down a bit.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles. "I'm sorry, Alan. I really am. I'm sorry I followed you, I'm sorry you're scared of me, I'm sorry. I'm just sorry I care so much." Austin's strong demeanor breaks and his shoulders drop. "Please, forgive me."

Alan slowly looks up and Austin is now the one looking at the ground. He takes a small step forward and hugs Austin. Austin was surprised, but he wraps his arms tightly around Alan's waist and holds him close. "It's okay."

Austin sobs a sigh of relief. He pulls back and stares into Alan's eyes. "I love you," he whispers before he connects their lips. It was a soft and slow kiss. Alan felt his heart fluttering, it wasn't his first kiss - Austin took it last night - but this one was much more passionate, it had both their anguish and love.

Austin hoists Alan up, wrapping his legs around his waist. He presses Alan against the tree, placing his hands on Alan's waist before moving them down to Alan's ass and giving them a squeeze causing Alan to gasp into his mouth. This gives Austin the access he needs and he begins devouring Alan's mouth. Alan had his hands tangled in Austin's brown hair as he let Austin do whatever he wanted to him.

But Alan was all new to this and he felt like they were going too fast. Much too fast.

He pulls back, breathing heavily. He leans his head against the tree as he tried to catch his breath. Austin buried his head into Alan's neck as he tried to catch his breath. They were both breathing deeply, their heavy pants in sync.

Alan unwraps his legs from Austin's waist. He turns to walk away, grabbing Austin's hand, but Austin holds him back. He turns to look at him, confused. "Are we okay?"

Alan smiles and nods, "Yeah, we're okay." Austin finally smiled and pulls Alan close, pecking his forehead. Only then did they both realize Austin was still naked. Alan squeals as he pulls away. Austin had to laugh. "Go change!"

"Aw, come on, Alan."

"Austin Robert Carlile, I will not look at you while you are naked. Go change!" Alan said, facing in the opposite direction.

"Come on, princess, you're going to see me naked one day," Austin said, teasingly, placing his hands on Alan's waist from behind. Alan gasped and pulled away. "You're mean." Austin laughed.

"I know." Alan still wouldn't look at him.

"Austin! Go change! I will ignore you for the rest of your life if you don't."

"Fine." Austin walks back into the pack house where he didn't care who saw him. Most of the werewolves have seen each other naked. None call him out on it, just maybe a questioning glance, but leave him alone.

Alan begins walking towards the pack house when Austin is inside. He walks into the living room where others are watching tv. It looked like some medieval movie with a lot of gore and violence.

He waited patiently for Austin, and a few of the pack members watching the movie made conversation with him. He met Aaron who was mated to a fairy named Amanda. And he also spoke with Jaime who is mated to a girl named Jessica who is also a werewolf.

Aaron was more serious while Jaime is all fun and jokes. And Alan found himself smiling and laughing. Eventually, though, Austin returned and sat beside him before pulling him onto his lap, surprising Alan. Some awed at them, but most ignored it, probably used to doing that with their mates.

Alan turns his head to the hallway when he hears Kellin's laugh. Austin stops rubbing Alan's hips and raises his head from Alan's neck when he feels Alan turn his head. Alan's eyes widen when he sees the mark on Kellin's neck.

When couples have mated fully, the one who will bare the children gets a mark on their neck, the other's initials. And Kellin now wore OSS on his neck. The dominant would usually mark the submissive while having sex, but they could mark their mate without doing that. Alan had noticed other mate's marks, like Frank's, or Amanda's and Jessica's. But Kellin surprised him. Then he realized he would one day bare the mark.

He would one day have sex with Austin and bare Austin's mark, and have his children, and rule by his side. Was he ready for all that? Suddenly, he couldn't breathe, he felt his chest constrict and tighten. He thought he was going to pass out until Austin brought him out of his mental breakdown.

"Are you okay, princess?" He looked down worriedly at Alan.

Alan hummed, "Yeah. I'm okay, I promise." Austin didn't look convinced, but decided to drop it. He once again buried his face into Alan's neck who didn't seem to mind. He breathed in his mate's scent, and again his wolf wanted nothing more than to mark Alan.

But he respected Alan more than that. The day he does mark Alan, it will be special. It will worthy of Alan. Marking him in front of everyone is not what Alan deserves. That, and he didn't know if Alan wanted to be marked by him yet.

He tapped his fingers on Alan's thighs who just leaned back into him. But then he wraps them around Alan's small middle and pulls him closer. Alan didn't mind, it felt nice and he felt warm and fuzzy. Nothing sexual about this, just affection. He could handle affection, he hasn't had it in so long. He missed it, how warm it felt, how happy it made him feel, how calming it was.

As he hums in content, he watches the other couples. Some were pregnant, some weren't. Like Amanda and Aaron weren't expecting, neither were Jaime and Jessica. Kellin and Oli weren't having a baby. Neither were Rian and Cassidy. But some couples were like Frank and Gerard, Jack and Gabe, and Jack and Alex.

Phil and Tino were. Phil was sat beside Tino who had a protective arm around him. Phil had a lazy hand placed over his round belly. Then Phil sat upward as a shock went through his whole body. Alan and Tino were the only ones who noticed. Alan was about to ask if he was okay when Phil's eyes widen.

"My water just broke."

Then Alan's eyes widen. "Someone call Jenna!" Alan doesn't know who commanded that, him or Tino, all Alan knows is that he got up from Austin's lap and walked towards Phil.

People were all clearing things out and clearing out as Jenna rushed in with a jumper. Then another nurse appeared and Tino placed Phil on the jumper before going with the nurses and Phil. Alan watched as they left and he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turns to see Kellin and smiles. "I see you've been marked," he teases. Kellin blushes, but shoves Alan gently. "Shut up."

"Is that going to be you anytime soon," Alan continued teasing, refering to Phil.

"Alan," Kellin whined blushing.

"Oh, I see the bump already. Plus, I believe, gettin' kinda chubby."

"Alan!"

Alan raises his hands in his defense, "I'm just saying 'cause I wuv you," Alan sang. He looks expectantly at Kellin who shook his head. Alan pouts and flutters his eye-lashes. Kellin sighed.

"Mother understands. Mother's here to help you." He continued, hugging Alan.

"Yes!" Alan cheered.

"You're so lame, Alan."

"I know."

"What do you want to do today?"

"I don't know. Anything's fine with me."

"Hmm, how about - "

"Alan? Princess?" Alan turns to face Austin. "Yeah, Aust?"

"My dad told me the coronation ceremony was tomorrow."

Alan paled, "To-Tomorrow?"

Austin nodded. "Why so soon? I mean, he talked to me about it, but he said we'd do it in a week, I was hoping to prepare myself mentally! Austin! I'm not ready to be the Luna yet! I haven't even graduated high school! We haven't even mated! I can't do this!" Alan's breathing begins to pick up.

"Alan, Alan, baby, come on, breathe with me, okay? Breathe," Austin says, calmly, breathing slowly. Alan looks at him and slowly calms his breathing. "Good," Austin smiles, "Now, I know you're nervous, hell, I'm scared, but we can do this, okay? You're going to be a great Luna, and I'll try to be a good Alpha."

Alan relaxes and stares into Austin's eyes before cupping his face in his small hands, "You will be a great Alpha."

"I definitely will try. And about school, you will have to go back. Kellin and you will go back tomorrow. Your teachers all know what happened. The ceremony will happen when you come home."

"Okay. What happens at the ceremony?"

"My dad and I will be standing on a platform where my dad and I will cut our hands and let our blood touch. I drink both and then I get his powers. When that's over, my dad will shift, and bow down to me. Then everyone else will. Oh, and everyone will naked, so..."

Alan blushes, "I won't have to be, right?"

"No, only the werewolves will shift. Everyone else just bows." Alan lets out a sigh of relief. "Okay."

"Also, one more thing, Alan," Austin says, nervously.

"Yeah," Alan asks, hesitantly.

"We're getting married tomorrow as well." Alan lost strength in his knees, but Austin caught him. He gripped Austin's biceps. "W-What?"

"It's traditional."

Alan bites his lip before nodding, "You won't make me do anything, right?" Austin was confused before he realized what Alan meant. "Of course not, Kitten. I would never force you into anything. Don't doubt that. We're going at your pace, not mine."

"Okay."

~~~

"You ready, Alan," Kellin asks him as they stand outside the school building. People walked by them, some bowed, others smiled. But Alan and Kellin just stood outside the building.

Alan and Kellin had walked to school, it took a lot of persuading, but Austin finally agreed and told Alan to text him when he got there, which he did.

"No, but we have to go in sometime, the principle is Austin's dad, so he'll know if we were present or not." Alan takes a deep breath and walks in. Kellin beside him, holds his hand. He knew everyone was watching him. And it embarrassed him to no end.

They walk to Mr. Way's class. "Mr. Way, how's the baby?"

"Alan, come on now, you're my future Luna, call me Frank. And great. The little rascal can't move yet, I'm enjoying it while I can. Eventually, he won't sit still." Alan smiles sympathetically. He knew that would be him one day, he didn't know if he was excited for it or not.

"I'll try to remember that, Frank."

"And sorry about Mikey last time. My stupid brother-in-law. Anyway, he should respect you now that you're going to be Luna." Alan nods, "It's okay."

"Okay, now take a seat. The bell's about to ring. And, Kellin, mate of a Beta, huh?" Kellin blushes but nods, following after Alan to their seats.

People slowly start coming in and taking their seats. Nothing much happened in that class. Kellin and Alan part ways as they each walk to their class, but before he walks in, his next teacher tells him he has to go to the principle's office.

He was confused, but not worried. He knew Perry and that he had done nothing wrong. He makes his way to the front office. The secretary tells him to go ahead in. Something felt off. But he walks to the door and knocks once before entering.

He drops his books at who he sees. He looks around and sees Perry's body on the floor. "Oh, myGod, is he dead?"

"Of course not. Just knocked out, kinda like how I was when your mate did that to me."

"Dad, I - "

"We're leaving now."

Alan bites his lip, "Dad, please don't do this." Alan whimpers as his dad walks closer and closer to him. "I'm going to enjoy this."

~~~

Perry wakes up slowly and sees Alan's unconscious body. The man was slowly removing Alan's clothes, he takes out his phone slowly, and calls Austin. "Yeah, Dad?"

"Shh," Perry whispers.

"Dad, what's wrong?"

"Just get here soon, son. I don't know how long I can hold him off. Just hurry, Alan's virginity is on the line." Then he hangs up, and attacks Alan's dad. He knew no one was going to come in because Alan's dad had threatened the secretary. "Get away from Alan!"

"I didn't want to kill you, but I guess I'll have to."

Alan's dad takes out a knife, and Perry dodges it, grabbing his arm, and taking the knife out of it. "Wow, Alpha," Alan's dad mocks, "You're so strong."

Perry kicks him in the stomach and pushes him away. Come on, Aust. Hurry up. If I don't hold him off, Alan will get raped. He continues dodging and fighting back with Alan's dad. But almost by magic, Austin is bursting through the door.

And Perry saw the anger and hatred rush into his eyes when he sees what's going on. "You," he growls. And for once in his life, Perry was scared of his son. Perry turns to face Alan's dad and sees the color fade from his face.

"I thought you had learned your lesson." Austin stalks forward, grabbing Alan's dad by the throat and throwing him across Perry's office. Perry sighs, annoyed. "Austin, honey, please don't make a mess, okay? I'm still the principle. I'll call the police now."

"Fine, but I'm going to have my fun until they arrive."

"Fine. I'll watch Alan until he wakes."

Austin nods before kicking Alan's dad in the stomach. Perry picks up Alan and places him on a couch. He grabs a water bottle and pours a bit on his fingers before sprinkling some on Alan. He wakes slowly.

"Perry?"

"Hi, darling."

"What happened?"

"Your dad attacked us both. I barely managed to save you, but I called Austin and he's beating up your dad as you can see," he says, gesturing to Austin and Alan's dad. Alan nods and then he hears sirens.

"Is that the police?"

"Yeah, I called them also. I'm not as young as I used to be. And when Pam died, well, my powers weakened." He looked so sad and heartbroken. Alan never did get to meet Austin's mom.

The police walk in. "Alpha, who's the attacker?"

"The one Austin is beating up, Gerard. Aust, police is here!" Austin stops beating up Alan's dad and walks towards his dad and Alan. "Hey, Gerard."

"Hi, Austin. Can I visit Frank while I'm here?"

"Go for it." Gerard speaks to some of his officers before leaving towards Frank's classroom.

Perry leaves when Austin crouches down in front of Alan, looking at him worriedly. "Are you okay, Princess?"

"Yeah. Your dad saved me."

He nods, "Dad, I'm taking Alan home."

"Okay, but he better be here tomorrow. I'll have some pack members stand guard around the school." Austin nods and picks Alan up, surprising him. Alan wraps his arms around Austin's neck.

He gets to his car, placing Alan in it gently before he drives home. When they arrive, he immediately takes him to their room where he places him in his lap and they watch tv where they waited until it was time for the ceremony.