Half Mice, Half Men

Chapter Five

"Austin Robert Carlile, with this dagger, you show you are willing to bleed for your pack." Alan stood beside Oli and Kellin on the platform behind Austin.

The whole packed had gathered around and all watched intensely. As Austin had said, every werewolf was naked and ready to shift. Alan had assumed it was so their clothes wouldn't be torn to shreds when they shifted. And it would take longer to remove them, so might as well come naked.

Alan avoided looking below anyone's neck. He was a little uncomfortable at the fact that everyone who was naked had the power to hurt him in more ways than one. He knew they wouldn't, but the unease was there.

It was even stranger that Perry was naked. Alan was mortified at that. He'd seen Austin naked, he just never looked below the waist. Kellin and him were one of the few clothed people. Except he was wearing a dress made of furr. It was customary to wear it on their wedding day.

It had been Pam's and Perry had asked him to wear it for Alan's wedding. Alan agreed.

Perry had cut into his hand and let his blood fall into a black bowl. Alan felt a little light-headed at seeing it. Then it was Austin's turn and he repeated his father's actions. "Drink." Perry said, and Austin did.

He sets the bowl down before he falls to the ground on his knees. He let out a low groan and Alan bit his lip, he knew it was Perry's powers entering him. When that was done, he got up on unsteady legs, but his father shifted and bowed.

One by one, everyone began shifting, eventually all the way to Oli, and they all bow. The non-werewolves bow, as well, all except Alan who was Austin's equal.

Austin turned to face him and Alan smiled. Austin was now Alpha. Alan did a little curtsy, and Austin's smile widened. "May the Luna please step forward." Alan's smile drops and he steps forward slowly, but Kellin pushes him into Austin who catches him.

Perry laughed silently, playfully glared at Kellin who shrugged. Austin and Alan stood beside each other as Perry began to speak. "The Moon goddess has decided that you two were made for each other, we know that, but we must make official." He begins to quote the wedding ceremony.

Both Alan and Austin said, "I do," before Austin kisses Alan gently. The crowd howls before switching back and cheering.

And Alan had to smile, it was his wedding day. And he did get married to his soulmate. They were a guarantee. Alan reaches out and grabs Austin's tattooed hand, interlocking their fingers. Austin turns to face him and mouths, "I love you."

But Alan chose to ignore it. The pack all run into the forest, shifting once more, and carrying their none werewolf mates on their backs.

"Where are they going?"

"They're, uh, giving us privacy?"

"For?"

"Our wedding night." And Alan shot him a confused glance before he realized what Austin meant. "But you said we weren't - "

"We're not. Alan, I promised you I wouldn't force you into anything and I'm not going to. I swear. They think we are, but we're not. We're going to do whatever you want." Alan nodded and he and Austin began walking into the pack house.

"Figured out what you want to do yet?"

"We can start off with you putting on clothes."

"Fine, fine."

"I'm changing also." They walk together into their bedroom where Alan changes into his pijamas and Austin puts on clothes. Alan decided on just ordering pizza, cuddling, and watching movies. And Austin loved it. He wasn't upset that he wasn't "getting any" he was content just holding Alan.

Half way through the second movie, Alan spoke, "Austin?"

"Yeah, princess?"

"Mark me."

Austin choked on air. "What?"

"I want you to mark me."

"Are you sure? We can wait."

"I'm sure." Alan bit his lip in anticipation. "Okay, princess, if it's what you want."

Austin picks Alan up and turns him around in his lap so Alan's legs wrap around him. He presses his lips to Alan's and begins kissing him slowly, building up the lust. He slides his tongue against Alan's bottom lip, and Alan opens.

They stayed making out until Austin disconnected their lips and began places a trail of kisses all the way down to Alan's neck where he begins to suck on the skin where the mark will be. Alan tilts his head to give Austin more access.

Finally, Austin's canines appear. He slowly opens his mouth and sucks once more on the skin before digging his fangs into Alan's warm, soft skin. He whimpered in pain, but Austin continued. Alan felt a small burning sensation where Austin's canines were. Austin sucked a bit of Alan's blood before pulling back.

And there, there was Austin's mark on Alan. ARC. It was in cursive and written in black ink. Alan was now officially his.

They both pull back breathless. "I love you," Austin breathes.

"I love you, too." Alan breathed the same. Austin pulled him closer and they cuddled together as they went to bed.

~~~

"How do you think Austin and Alan's honeymoon is going," Oli asked Kellin in his British accent.

"Well, I know they're not having sex. Alan isn't ready for that and Austin wouldn't force him. He loves him too much to do that."

"Love, did I force you?" Oli asked worriedly. Kellin turns in his lap and faces Oli. "Oliver Scott Sykes, I never want you to ask that again. Of course you didn't force me. I was willing. Look," he points to the mark on his neck. Oli had to smile when he saw it. That meant Kellin was his and his alone.

"This not only means that I love you, but also that you love me. And when you love someone you're willing to wait for an eternity if need be. You didn't force me. I love you." Kellin cupped Oli's face and pressed his forehead against his.

"I love you more, Kellin." Then Oli closes the gap between their lips. He pulls Kellin closer at the waist and Kellin wraps his arms around Oli's neck.

They lean back on the bed and Oli's on top of Kellin as they continue to make out. Oli began to pull Kellin's shirt up when Kellin stops him. "Wait-wait, Oli?"

"What is it, Love?"

"Can we not today? I just want to relax," Kellin bit his lip bashfully, almost as if he was ashamed for not wanting to pleasure his mate.

"Of course, baby." He climbs off Kellin before laying down and pulling Kellin closer to him who sighed in relief. Oli played with his hair and Kellin watched the tv, slowly drifting off at the sweet serenity of it all. He feels a peck on his forehead before he's out.

~~~

The next morning, everyone waited anticipately for Alan. But when he came down the stairs, they could still smell the virgin on him. They were all disappointed, but they could at least see Austin marked him.

Austin followed shortly after and kissed Alan on the forehead when he caught up. They both walk to breakfast, eat together, until Austin had to go to some pack meeting. Alan nodded and Austin pecked his lips that time.

Kellin and Alan hang out, but Kellin kept teasing Alan about losing his virginity. "For the last time, Kellin, we didn't do anything last night."

"Oh, yeah? Then what about your mark?"

"He marked me. Nothing else."

"Hmmm."

"I'm leaving."

"What? No!" But Alan was already running away.

"Baby, come back!" Kellin called after him. They ran all around the house.

"Austin, Austin, Austin, Austin! Tell Kellin to leave me alone," Alan screamed, running away from said person. He ran room past room and reached a random door before opening it quietly so Kellin wouldn't hear and entering.

He closes the door quietly and turns around only to have his heart break in front of him. There he stood, making out with some blonde girl and all Alan could do was watch in horror. He felt tears build in his eyes and he ran back out, this time not caring about the noise.

"Alan! Wait!" He sobbed when he heard him speak and he bumped into Kellin. Kellin held him and immediately asked what was wrong when he saw Alan in tears.

"Alan!" Alan whimpered when he heard his voice. Kellin seemed to understand it was something Austin did and begins to pull Alan away, out of the pack house, into Oli's car and all the way to the beach.

Oli came with them and walked them to a spot on the beach. Alan sobbed into Kellin's neck. Oli held Kellin and Kellin held Alan. "It's okay, just let it out," Kellin whispered soothingly. Alan had been reduced from sobbing to quiet sniffles.

"What happened, Alan?"

"He-He ch-cheated," he whimpered.

"What?"

"I saw him making out with a girl." Kellin was in shock. He didn't know how to react. And it seems like Oli didn't either. Both their eyes had widened and they could only stare at Alan sympathetically, trying to imagine the pain Alan must be going through.

Oli held Alan as he cried this time while Kellin rubbed his best friend's back comfortingly when they hear two familiar voices. "Kellin? Alan?"

Alan raises his head from Oli's chest and he smiles through his tears when he sees who's there. "Shay!" But Shayley frowned. "Why are you crying, baby?" He asked worriedly.

"It doesn't matter. I've missed you!"

"Well, aren't you going to give me a hug?" Alan wrapped his arms around him and Shay engulfed him. When they pull back, Shay smiles as he sees the mark on Alan's shoulder. "You let him mark you, eh?" Alan's smile vanishes and his heart breaks all over again.

Shay seemed to have caught on and began to pull Alan. "Where are we going?"

"Surfing."

"But I didn't bring any clothes."

"Hmmm, come with me."

He leads them to the water where he calls a dolphin and tells him something only for the dolphin to return with swimming trunks. "Now go change and I'll be waiting."

Alan does as told and returns. Shay grabs his board and they begin to swim out to sea. Shay helps Alan stand as they begin and Alan felt the horrible memory slowly leave his mind.

But while the tension was leaving out at sea, it was growing on land between Oli and Vic. Kellin remained oblivious to it all. He watched Alan with a smile. "You truly care for him, huh?" Vic asked.

"Of course. He's my only friend."

"What? What about me?" Kellin giggled, "Well, you too."

Oli wanted nothing more than to tell Vic to get lost, but it was obvious he had good intentioms with Kellin and seemed to care for him a lot. Oli couldn't hate him for that.

He's snapped out of his thoughts, though, when his phone rings. He picks it up and sees it's Austin. He mutters curses under his breath before answering. "Hey, Aust." Kellin's head snaps to Oli.

"Oli? Where are you? Have you seen Alan?"

"Uh, no, mate. Kellin and I are at the beach. We haven't seen Alan." Kellin listened on.

"Fuck. Where could he be?"

"Why? What's happened?"

"Nothing. Hey, thanks anyway."

"You're welcome."

He hangs up and sighs. "You idiot."

"Was that Austin?"

"Yeah."

"Looking for Alan?"

"Uh-huh."

Kellin sighed. "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, but I don't think we can do anything. This is between Austin and Alan. And Austin better pray Alan forgives him." Kellin nods and sighs again.

Alan was having the best time with Shay, he almost forgot what Austin had done, but the dull ache in his heart remained, even while he smiled. He decided to ignore it for now, but he knew when he went home, he'd be forced to face him.

And that time came all too soon. Alan didn't want to leave. He didn't want to face his problem, he didn't want to pierce the veil. But he had to, and he wasn't ready. The closer they got to the pack house, the more anxious Alan got and the more he wanted the car to turn around.

Kellin sat in the backseat with him and held him, running his hand through Alan's ginger hair. Oli watched sadly and Kellin nodded in understanding. He couldn't even imagine how much it'd hurt if Oli cheated on him.

But they reach the pack house, and Alan gets out slowly, not wanting to go inside. He took his time going to the front door, opening the front door, taking off his shoes and walking down the hall.

Only to be bombarded into a hug. He immediately tensed against Austin and strugged to get out of his hold. "I'm so glad you're okay, princess. I was so worried."

Alan gets out of his hold and backs into Kellin and Oli who hold him steady. "Don't touch me," he whimpered. Austin looked heartbroken and began to reach for Alan only for Alan to back away further.

"Don't."

Oli and Kellin guided him up the stairs, shielding him from Austin who followed desperately, when he reached their room, Alan locked himself in the bathroom. Austin banged on the door and Alan sobbed as he slid down it.

He cried into his knees and Austin could feel Alan's heartbreak. It was the saddest and worst thing Austin had ever felt. "Alan, please, open up. Let me explain."

"Go away!"

"Alan, please, can we please talk about this." And Alan cried. He cried and cried and cried. He ignored everything Austin said and didn't get out of the bathroom until he was ready.

He didn't know what time it was when he walked out, but Austin immediately got up from the bed and rushed over. He noticed Alan's red rimmed, swollen eyes. "Princess - "

"Don't call me that."

"Alan," Austin takes Alan's hands in his only for Alan to pull them away. "Please."

"You said we should talk, that's why I'm here."

"Okay."

"I'm going to be Luna. I will rule by your side, I will keep your last name. But I will not be your mate, I will not be your boyfriend, I will not be your husband. You have proven you don't need me for your physical wants and that's fine.

I won't look for anyone else, but I will not be yours. And this," Alan gestured to the mark on his neck, "means nothing. I am not yours, you are not mine. If I could take it back, I would because I obviously don't mean anything to you."

"Alan, please," he reached out, but Alan flinched away. "Please don't, Austin. If you care for me, even a little bit, you won't touch me because I don't want to be touched by someone who can't stay faithful, even for a day."

"Baby - "

"Stop! Just stop. I'm tired. I don't have the energy to fight. I've spent most of my day crying. I want to sleep. And I'm moving to a different room." Austin's eyes showed anguish and Alan had to lower his gaze.

He moved to walk around Austin, but Austin's arm reached out and stopped him. "I love you."

Alan signed and escaped his hold and just stood there, "No you don't."