Refuge

When We Became Them.

My days become a blur, as crisis after crisis appears in the background of everything in my life.

The news quietly whispering of the dead...

The injustices and oppression hidden behind biased newscasters.

Social media screaming in agony...

Unable to do much beyond a message to our political leaders, that selectively react.

The ignorant complaining of the supposedly crazy obsession of seeing human suffering...

They didn't want anyone to make a change, they don't want to see reality.

But when lives are at stake, millions of lives, aren't we all responsible?

I mean, shouldn't we do something? Something. Other than complain?

What is our definition of human anyways? Explaining it to a four year old, what would we want to say?

The world is shaken. After Aylan Kurdi - a three year old- washed up on the shore of Greece, the world is trembling. Wondering, how did this happen? That child, didn't even reach the age of four. What human could let this happen, and...more importantly am I exempt from the responsibility I have to this world and to protecting the innocent? Should I not be a hero too? Or do I leave this responsibility to others too? Do we leave this responsibility to others? And so, if we all do this, who takes the responsibility?

Who do we take to account for the lost life?

How can we protect ourselves from reality? Reality. These wars against them are killing everyone.

They die.

Our people die as we choose sides.

And inside we die, become zombies, as we either ignore them so fiercely we turn rabid as well, or cry so hard we become overwhelmed. But we should neither ignore...nor become so wholly influenced by what's happening. Both ends leave us without any means. No Energy to act.

So what are you going to do?

Syrians are dying, and we can no longer remain Zombies.

We need balance.

With this technology resting in your hand right now, search the leaders in your area.

Find your member of parliaments email, twitter, and facebook page and ask: What are we doing to save those dying? We want our rich country to save the poor country that has been embedded with bombs and technology from our allies, and often even us. Why are we working backwards? And then calling them backwards?

Why are they our leaders, if they won't hear you, won't act on what you find important? Vote for someone else next time if they don't help. Got it? We don't want fights anymore! No more wars! War on WAR! Well, more like PEACE on WAR!

More fighting is what's killing women, children and men from all beliefs and backgrounds in so many countries. How can we ignore them? Why is politics more powerful than life? If it's not in our part of the world, does it mean it's not happening?

By othering them because of their religion... we lose our own humanity. We wouldn't let this happen to our own. Our own families, friends, neighbors, society. Aren't they our own too, other humans? Aren't we them?

Othering is a process that identifies those that are thought to be different from oneself or the mainstream, and it can reinforce and reproduce positions of domination and subordination. - via simple Google Search.

Let's act.

Go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Russel Brand on the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvoqQT41wos