Alive

June 21st

June 21st

The last quarter of the year ended, and summer has begun.

Students rushed out of their classes when they were dismissed, instantly making plans for the break or leaving for road trips to the West – or the North, but only two groups planned to go there.

I left in silence, walking towards the half-full parking lot of the town’s diner, sitting down onto the wall that formed from the curbside.

I took in a deep breath and let it out in a sigh of content.

“Luke~!”
I smiled and looked towards the familiar voice.

Mrs. Robertson waved from the front door of the diner.

“Do you want anything to eat, sweetie? It’s almost dinner time!”

I smiled even more – she’s always so nice.

“Maybe in ten minutes! I’m taking in the first summer air as much as possible!”
“Alright, well you know to come in when you’re ready!”

She walked back inside.

“I don’t know what Mom was so worried about. College is going great so far.”

“But what if you run out of money?” – I have a decent-paying job.
“But what if you start skipping meals or just stop eating all together?” – Mrs. Robertson feeds me too much already.

“But what if you get lonely? Or you start developing antisocial behavior? Or you stop being my well-mannered baby boy?” – I haven’t changed much. I’m still the good kid that doesn’t get into any trouble.

As for the antisocial part—

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out – Speak of the devil.

I touched the ANSWER button and held the phone to my ear.

“Hi, Mom.”
“Hi, honey! How was your first year? Did you pass your classes? Did you make some friends? Are you eating well? Are you ready to come home yet—?”

“Laura, calm down and let him speak!” – Dad was listening in too.

“Everything is fine, Mom. Trust me. I’m alive. I’m well. College is going great.”
“A-Alright. I trust you. Are you coming home for the summer? We miss you.”

“Laura, give me the phone.”
“Oh he can hear you just fine from here, Lawrence.”

“If you say so. Son?”
“Hi, Dad.”

“Listen to me, and listen to me well. Do not come home.” – a horrified gasp from Mom – “College is about finding yourself and trying new things. Go on a road trip with some friends. Have some fun at a couple of parties. I don’t give a damn what you do, just don’t come here. Your mother and I will be fine.” – another interruption from Mom in the form of Dad’s name – “We love you, and you have permission to responsibly go fuckin’ nuts. Understand?”

I tried to hold in a laugh as Mom protested in fear.

“I understand. I love you guys, too.”
“Alright! Hop to it. Bye, Luke!”
“No, not ‘bye’! Don’t listen to your father! What are you…Don’t you hang up this phone, mister—”

The call ended and I finally let out a laugh.

I’m not really planning to do any of the stuff that Dad told me to do.
I really don’t have the guts to do so, anyway.

But sometimes you’re forced to change things in college, right?

June 21st

He appeared in front of me.

Clad in black from head to toe – save for the short, platinum blonde hair that was sticking up in the front.

A cherry lollipop hiding behind pink lips.
A metal bat in hand, resting casually over his right shoulder.

Without any change in stance or his face, he says

"You need to start living a little.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, lovelies~
Started another one. Sooooo let me know what you think!
'Til the next chapter!