Time Is on Our Side

Chapter Fifteen

He is pissed.

Heavy Kevlar boots beat a path across the floor, taking the owner to a long table placed in the middle of the room. Savannah watched him as he paced, not saying a word, the tick of his jaw let her know that he was mad.

She was waiting for him to yell, to scream , but all he did was pace. Every tenth pace or so, he would walk up to the table, place his hands on the back of the chair and glare over at her. He'd open his mouth to say something, shake his head and then continue pacing.

“I know you're pissed,” An hour ticked by before Savannah found her voice, it was hoarse and shaky from not using it in a while. After Castiel rescued her from the bar, she had arrived at the bunker to an unhappy reunion. Sam cursed at her, screamed at her. That, she could take. But the eerie silence that Dean was giving her, it scared her. She knew Dean was famous for his short temper and to see it directed at her, made her fearful.

“Oh you have no idea Princess,” He stopped his pacing and walked up to her chair, placed his hands on either side of her and leaned down to face her.. The look in his eyes made her flinch backwards. They were almost as black as the men in that bar. “What the hell were you thinking?”

“I..I...wasn't!” Savannah stammered, feeling her cheeks ting red. With Dean bent down so close to her, she could count his freckles along the scruff of his jaw, his green eyes were squinted just a bit, crinkling around his eyes. God he looks so hot pissed. Savannah quickly pushed that thought of her head as he stood up from the chair, crossed his arms and soulfully stared at her.

“Damn straight you weren't!” He bellowed, his voice husky and deep with his anger. Dean walked back over to the table and placed his hands on the back of one of the chairs. He bent his head and mentally counted to ten. He didn't mean to be so harsh to Savannah, but he was so angry, with himself. He should have never left her here in the bunker alone. Instead of being ashamed for kissing her, he should have taught her what was after her. When he came to the bunker and discovered she was gone, he feared the worse. As he stood there, he let that fear turn into anger. It was his fault she almost got hurt.

Savannah sucked in her breath and pointed to the hallway where Sam and Kevin had disappeared down just an hour ago. “ You can't keep us here like caged animals Dean! It's not fair!”

“That's life Princesss.”

“I refuse to be your pawn any longer.”

The muscles on the side of Dean's jaw ticked as his face showed his anger. He came to the chair and Savannah flinched as she truly thought he was going to hit her. Instead, he grabbed her by the upper arm, his long fingers dug into the tender skin of her arm. “You wanna take your chance out there sweetheart? Hmm? Think you can do this all on your own?”

Savannah was terrified as Dean yanked up off the chair, taking her down the long hallway. Her heels tried to dig into the concrete, but Dean was so much stronger than her. From his tight grip on her arm, it was beginning to tingle. “Dean! Stop!”

He didn't respond as he drug her further and further through the twisty, windy maze of the bunker. This Dean scared her. He was nothing like the man that had been in her hospital. The one with the kind, caring eyes, the one with the million dollar smile. No, this Dean was more angry, unpredictable and self-destructive.

For what seemed hours later, Dean finally approached an iron door with strange symbols painted in red. Behind this door, came screams of someone in pain. The sound echoed around the room just behind that iron door. Savannah hoped to god that was paint and not what she thought it was. Dean knocked sharply on the door, the knocks resounding along the concrete hallway.

The door groaned as it was pushed open and Dean drug her inside the room. IT was dark, except for a single halogen light hanging up on the ceiling, which was decorated in more of those strange symbols.

At their feet was a large red pentagram and sitting the middle of this symbol, was a man. His head was bowed and blood dripped from several cuts along his skin. He was sitting in a metal chair, his arms and leg tied behind his back with iron chains. A huge metal table was to the side of the chair and covered in several different types of instruments.. She was a doctor and recognized several instruments she had once used once upon a time.

Sam was standing next to the man, a long serrated knife in his right hand, the tip dripping with blood.

Dean let go of her arm and she yanked backward, hoping to flee, but the iron door was slammed shut. Castiel had come in after them, shut the door and blocked any kind of escape. Savannah felt her heart thrumming in her chest as the man lifted his head and looked at her.

“E....Ezra?” She swallowed the lump that was stuck in her throat as she recognized the man that was sitting in the chair. The man that was bleeding from the hands of Sam, was none other than her boyfriend.

His eyes were solid black, darker than anything she had ever seen before. A huge gash was above his cheek, a crimson line ran down his skin. He slid her a smile born of pure evil.

What seemed ages ago, that smile had once been of warmth and comfort. She didn't love Ezra, even though she had tried. Since the death of her parents, she struggled to maintain any kind of close relationship with anyone. She was quick to push them away. Then came Sam and he taught her how to feel again. When Ezra came into the picture, she forced herself to love him. They both knew that she was incapable of every settling down, but she entertained that thought more than once.

“Well..well..well..did you bring me a playmate? Hmmm..so delicious...oh the things I could do to you pretty lass. OH wait, I already did. Hmmm...to tap that ass one more time. Have you scream..” His word were cut off as Sam delivered a sharp punch to his face, which made Savannah scream.

Dean walked up to the man, taking the knife Sam handed to him. “I'm gonna ask you one more time,” Dean leaned down and pressed the tip of the knife into his neck. “What do you want with her?”
Savannah realized, with horror, that Sam and Dean were torturing this poor man on her behalf. “Dean..no..” She whispered.

Dean tore his gaze away from the demon, to see that Savannah was pressed up against the iron wall, her eyes huge with her fear. Had it been another time, he would have dropped that knife to the ground and console. Tell her everything was going to be OK. But was it? From what this demon knew, Savannah's life was in danger.

“What's the matter Dean? Getting up for this bitch? Hmmm..I hear she likes it rough. A little S and M..what she didn't show you that part? Didn't get to experienced what was locked up in that cedar trunk in her bedroom. When I get out of this, I will make it my personal mission to make her scream again.”

The demon that was know wearing Ezra as a meat suit let out a loud laugh, his head tilted back as Dean took his fist. With a sickening crunch, his nose caved in, blood splattering all over Dean's face.

Sam heard a gasp come from the corner and he saw Savannah cowering in the corner, inching closer to where Cas was standing. Their eyes met briefly and he saw all the fear in those beautiful blue orbs of hers.

“Cas, take her out of here. She doesn't need to see this.”

Her eyes flicked over to the leather jacket Dean had shed when he came into the room. She could see the ivory handle of the colt Dean always had on him. She hadn't been raised around guns. Her father was a religious man and believed that guns were evil. From watching Dean, she knew that all she had to do was point and shoot. Seemed easy enough. While both brothers were occupied, she slid her hand into the jacket and took out the gun. She pointed it up, took her thumb and clicked back the trigger.

“I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what the fuck is going on here.”Both Dean and Sam turned at the sound of her voice to see her standing near the table holding a pistol in her hand. It was shaking in her hands as she gritted her teeth. “You better start talking right now before I pull this trigger.”

Dean took a step towards her, but stopped when she pointed it at him. He slowly raised his hands up in the air. “Princess...”

“Stop calling me that!” She took her thumb and slid the trigger back. “You have three seconds to tell me what the hell is going on!”

“S...Savannah...” Dean glanced over at Castiel who had the same look of concern on his face. Dean took a chance and stepped forward a bit. He could see she was struggling with herself. “I know this is scary. Trust me I know. I know you have answers and trust me, we will give those to you. But we have to figure out what is going on here, OK?” He took a breath and held out his hand. “Give me the gun Princess. This won't solve anything.” He slid her a crooked smile. “All you have to do is trust me.”

“Tru..trust you?” Her right hand shook as she struggled to keep the gun steady. She slid her other hand over her right, cupping it. “How can I trust you when you won't tell me the damn truth! Why are you keeping me here!”

Dean could see in her eyes that she was struggling to keep her emotions in check, so he chanced a step towards her. He stopped when she raised the gun at him, his hands continued to stay out in front of him. “Savannah...please...put the gun down.”

Her breath hitched in her throat as she looked over at Ezra sitting in the chair, his ruined face bloodied. “Let him go!”

“I”m sorry, but I can't do that.....SON OF A BITCH!” Dean roared as a loud blast echoed in the room, the bullet taking off some of the wall next to his head. “Are you fucking crazy!”

“LET HIM GO!” Savannah screamed as she was tackled to the ground by Sam.

“Savannah stop!” Sam pinned her down on the ground as Dean stepped on her wrist. She screamed again as the gun was yanked from her hand and tossed to the corner.

“LET ME GO!” She screamed as Cas knelt down in front of her, placed his fingers on her forehead. Savannah stopped her struggle as she slumped consciences.

Dean let out a breath and shook his head. He felt a sting in his neck and placed his fingers underneath his ear. He pulled back his hand to see the blood and let out a chuckle. Two inches to the left and he'd be worm food.

***********

She could still hear the screaming in her head. She had woken up in her room, confused for a second as to how she got there. Then she remembered Castiel coming to her, placed his fingers on her forehead, his smell wrapped around her. It was the same smell that was with her the night of the accident, the same voice in her head.

While lying in her bed, she clamped her hands over her ears trying to drown out Ezra's screams, but nothing was working.

She sat up in her bed and glanced over at the picture frame sitting on the simple oak dresser and her heart broke. She got up from the bed, picked up the frame and with a scream from her lips, threw it across the room where it shattered on the floor, glass twinkling as it exploded on the ground.

She yanked open the door to the hallway, tears streaming down her face as she made her way to the room that was right across from hers. She opened the door and his smell hit her in the face. With a sob, she took his shirt from the bed, wrapped it around her like a blanket, curled up on his bed and succumb to exhaustion.