Time Is on Our Side

Chapter Six

He let out a loud sigh as his body hit the bed, not caring about the dozen of newspapers scattered about the itchy blanket. He had been going non stop for the past three weeks, with only six hours of sleep between then and now. Coffee had become his best friend. No, coffee had become his mistress. He woke up with her and tumbled into bed with her.

His eye lids fluttered under his lids as he dreamed the sleep of the dead. Flashes came to his mind as he slept. Dark chestnut hair, eyes filled with lust, small hands reaching out behind her as she unclasped the bra, the lacy black fabric fell to the floor. As he looked at her perfect breasts, she smiled at him.“Make love to me Sam.”

He jerked awake with a snort and his hazel eyes fluttered open and tried to focus on the dark motel room. Something was flashing a bright blue and it took his sleep fogged brain to realize it was his phone.

He reached out his arm and with his long fingers, searched for the phone. They wrapped around the metal and he sat up, a newspaper stuck to his cheek. He slapped it off and brought the phone to his ear as he raked a hand through his long hair.

“Hello?” He smacked his lips together, feeling the cotton. His head was pounding thanks to all the beer he drank the previous night. His body protested as Sam Winchester heaved his long frame out of the bed and stumbled over to where the coffee pot was located.

“Sam?” The low husky voice yelled through the other end.

Sam sighed and pulled the phone from his ear. “Cas, lower the volume a bit, my head is about to explode as it is.”

“Sam..I found him.”

Sam was in the middle of pouring the coffee when the bomb was dropped. His hands shook as he placed the cup back on the counter. “W..w.hat?”

“Sam..he's in Tulsa, Oklahoma...and Sam...he has no memory of who he is.”.

Sam closed his eyes and let out a breath. The coffee pot forgotten, Sam walked over to the kitchen table and grabbed the stationary. He cradled the phone between his shoulder and his ear as he clicked the pen. “Give me the hospital.”

***********

Savannah hated the night shift. She hated the shadows and the secrets they held. She wanted to go to days, but the night shift offered more money. Money she needed to survive.

She leaned back in the chair and massaged her neck, still feeling the effects of her poor choice of bed. A smile played across her lips as she watched that beautiful stranger sleep. She couldn't help but think how much he reminded her of someone. Someone that she had cared for deeply in her past.

Savannah

Her head snapped to the right as she heard the gravely voice. She felt the goosebumps erupt along her arm, the tingle behind her scalp and the ice in her stomach.

She let out a breath and could see the white mist as it swirled around the computer. She shivered as she felt the temperature drop and the window in front of her glazed over with ice.

She tried to move from the chair, but she was paralyzed with fear as she saw the black mist form along the floor. She watched as it swirled around the floor, its snake like body undulated along the floor.

When it reached the nurses station where she was sitting, it began to swirl in a tornado-like action and it straightened its form into a man like shape.

Savannah's eyes looked downward, and what she saw there made her stomach clench with fear. A hand was protruding from under the black robe and it was glistening wet, greyish. It looked like something that was dead and had decayed.

She could feel the reaper's confusion as it sensed her gaze. It slid its hand back under the robe, knowing it could be seen.

Then the thing beneath the robe, death itself she was sure of, drew a long, slow, rattling breath as if it was trying to suck something more than air into its lungs. That is, if it even had lungs.

Savannah closed her eyes as an intense cold breeze swept over her body. She felt her own breath catch deep in her chest. The cold air pressed deeper into her body and touched her soul.

She let out a scream as a burning, searing, white hot pain exploded along her small frame. It was so overwhelming, she was certain she was going to die from the pain.

When she felt her knees begin to buckle, the pressure on her body lessened and she slumped into the chair. She placed her hands to her face and rested her elbows on the desk and began to weep. She wasn't sure where the reaper had gone, but it was no longer around her. That's all she cared about right at that moment.

Savannah was used to the supernatural that was all around her. For half her life, she had been able to see the dead. Her friends began to shun her when she confided int them that she could see and talk to the dead. So, she kept her secret to her self and went about her life. None of the ghosts even bothered her. They never touched or hurt her. Until the reapers appeared in the hospital.

“Excuse me darlin'.”

Savannah raised her head to see a man standing behind the counter, his arms placed on the surface. He was dressed in all black, his dark hair slicked back and evil in his hazel eyes. . “I'm sorry sir, but visiting hours ended four hours ago.”

“Oh please forgive me,” His voice was low and gravely and it sent shivers along her spine. His accent was clipped with a heavy Scottish accent and had it been on someone else, would have been incredibly sexy. “But I was wondering if you could help me with something.”

Savannah moved her chair back from this man, not liking the feeling he was giving her. She didn't believe in demons and all that nonsense, but somehow, that's what he reminded her of. Satan himself standing in front of her, was enough to make her stomach churn. “Wi...with what?” Her heart was hammering in her chest and her palms were wet with her fear.

She didn't know how she knew, but she could sense that this man loved the smell of her fear. She could see the lust flash in his hazel brown eyes and it made her sick.
His eyes turned in the direction of the hall and then slid back to her. A smile tugged at the corners of his eyes as he looked at her like a piece of meat. “The man in room ICU4. Has he been moved?”

“A...are you family?”

A deep chuckle rumbled in his chest as he ran a hand over his black suit. “Let's just say, we go way back.”

“Uh...” Savannah fixed her attention on the computer and quickly typed in the information. She knew who this evil was talking about, but she had to get her eyes off of him. She felt as if she was a sheep in the paddock and this wolf was starting to circle her. She knew it wouldn't be a matter of time before he pounced. “He was discharged.”

One eyebrow slid up. “Discharged? Wasn't he circling the drain?”

“Yeah..” Savannah licked her lips and felt her fingers shake as she typed. .”He...uh..just woke up.”

“Did he say who he was when he woke up?”

Savannah slid her eyes up over the computer to see him still staring at her. She could feel his anger bubbling up inside of him and she could feel the evil in his soul. Images flashed in her mind as she felt the pressure against her skull.

She was tied to the bed, her hands up above her hands and this evil man standing above her. She felt his rough hands on her body, feeling the burn along her skin. Her screams echoed inside her brain and she stood up from the chair.

“Like I said, visiting hours ended several hours ago and I will ask you to leave. Or I will call security.” Savannah looked down at the phone and quickly held up the receiver.

The man chuckled at her and shook his head. “No need to get your lace panties in a bunch, Darlin'. I can take a hint.” He winked at her as he yanked on his suit. “This man that was in here, is very important to me. Got it? So if you remember anything, or hear from him again, give me a call.” He slid his hand inside the inner pocket of his jacket and took out a small card. He held it between his thumb and his forefinger as he smiled at her “24 hours a day. And remember Sweet cheeks.” He winked at her as he slid up his lip into an sinister smirk. “I will know if you are hiding something.”

Savannah looked down at the card as he slid it on the counter as she noticed the name etched in gold lettering, feeling her heart stop. Crowley, King of Hell.”

When she looked back up, the man was gone and she was alone with the shadows. Her hands shook as she slowly sat down in the chair her and her eyes fixed on the business card.

*******

Her heavy breathing echoed along the cement walls, echoing around her. Her steps quickened as she looked behind her, feeling someone was behind her, watching her.

She reached inside of her purse and tried to find her keys. Her fingers slid over the leather of wallet, a tube of lipstick and the bristles of her brush. Where the hell were her keys?

She was almost to her car, she could see the blue Camaro just a few more feet. But she never made it. A hand grabbed her arm and she spun around. A well time kick to the chest made her attacker stumble backwards. She flung her purse not seeing if it made contact or not.

She turned to run and her feet were swept out from under her and she painfully hit the concrete, the air shoved out of her lungs. She blindly kicked as she let out at a scream, hoping someone could hear her.

“HELLLLPPP!!! Me! PLEASE SOMEONE!”

She was flipped over onto her back and a heavy weight sat on her hips. She bucked wildly against the weight. Her hands were grasped painfully above her head and she cried out in pain.

She felt her attacker switch positions and she took advantage and raised her knee upwards. With a crunch, she made contact and felt him release her wrists.

She flipped over onto her knees and her feet pumped repeatedly in the concrete, trying to get momentum. A large hand grabbed her calf and she was once again on her back.

The man's face was an inch from hers, his nostrils flared , his long brown hair hung in his hazel eyes that were wide with anger. His eyes were bloodshot and dark circles outlined them, making him look half dead. Something sharp and cold was placed against her neck, his large hand holding it in place. She winced as she felt it pressed harder against her skin, the trail of her blood sliding to her collar bone where it pooled.

Savannah held up her hands as she looked up at the man that he had become. She recognized him the minute she looked into those eyes. The eyes the color of scotch.

“S...Sam.” She sobbed hoping she could snap him out of this anger. What happened to her sweet Sam.

Sam Winchester looked at the young woman, her blue eyes filled with fear. The same look that haunted his dreams. As quickly as his anger surfaced, it was finally doused by the blueness of her eyes.

He let go of the collar of her shirt and took several steps back from her. “S..Savannah?

Sam softened his face as he slowly held up his hand, showing her that he had tucked the knife back into the inner pocket of his brown jacket. “Annah.” Savannah closed her eyes as he uttered that name. A name he had coined just for her. “I need help in finding my brother. I have reason to believe that he was here..in this hospital”

Savannah stopped moving backwards and she tilted her head. “Dean..?” She let out a hiss as she forced the name on her lips.

“Yes..Annah...Dean...my brother...”

“No...”She placed her right leg behind her as she took another step back from him.

“Annah..please, I need your help. And I know you have him safe, don't you?”

Savannah closed her eyes, feeling a tear slid from under her lashes and made a wet trail down her cheek, over her small chin and onto her scrubs. “I...” Her eyes quickly opened as she felt his hand take hers.

"I need you to take me to Dean...Please.”

She gazed into his warm eyes and saw the Sam she had grown to care for so long ago. The only friend who was there for her when others laughed at her.

She looked past Sam, to see something peering at her from the inky blackness of the shadows, feeling the evil searching her mind and she tried to block the images that flashed before her eyes.

She felt the hair on the back of her neck as she turned her attention to the giant in front of her. She was shocked to see how much Sam had changed.

She nodded and turned her attention to her car and turned back once again to confront the shadow, but nothing was there. She turned her attention back to Sam and gave him a small smile as she opened the passenger door.

The man in the black suit watched from around the pillar as the young woman with the chestnut hair, open the door for the taller man. He squinted his eyes as he glared at them, his fists clenching against this side. “Winchesters.” He hissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my readers! Love this story? Send me some comments!