Status: Active

It's Been Years

3/?

-26-

"Alex didn't want to kiss me this morning!" Jack shouted into his microphone when we finished playing Canals and had a few minutes to tune our guitars for the next song and chat for a little.

I scoffed, turning my E string into a D and walking towards my microphone.

It was true, I didn't want to kiss him, but only because he had horrible morning breath and we accorded that we wouldn't kiss each other until both of us had brushed our teeth.

"What can I say? Your mouth smells like shit, all the time"

The crowd cheered and some of the girls even screamed "kiss, kiss, kiss" and so we did, and they kept cheering, so we kissed again and again until we were fully making out in front of all the crowd.

"I love you" I whispered into his ear as I pulled away when Rian shouted my name knowing that things were getting way too heated. He nodded and said it back before roughly slapping my ass.

-

Going home was always a satisfaction knowing that Pey and Baz would be waiting for us to get home and spend time with them after not seeing them whether in a few weeks or months. Jack and I moved in together when I turned 25. We lived pretty close to each other, but neither of us wanted to stay with out parents anymore since we had been together for almost 7 years.

Our house was quite simple. It was located near the woods; a two storey white house with a backyars and a nice porch. We didn't have much inside the house since we spent most of the year touring, but it was nice to come home to a cozy home after spending months sleeping on not-that-comfortable-bunks and hotel rooms.

"Home sweet home" Jack said as he placed his bags on the sofa and immediatelly procceeded to take off his shoes and flop down on the other couch.

"Unpack first, smartass" I said as I entered the room with bags in my hands. Jack huffed but got uo anyways and started unpacking.

"Are these yours?" Jack asked, holding a pair of black boxers in his hand.

"I guess?" I said. We bought lots of clothes when we were on the road, the could be anyone's.

"You guess? You're the one wearing them. I know these aren't mine" He said with a steady voice, he sounded almost mad.

"Jack, they're black boxers. I don't know if they are mine. They could be Rian's or Zack's, they're not from a stranger or anything" I assured him as I put some groceries we bought in the way back in the pantry.

"As long as they're not from someone you've slept with" Jack left that hanging in the air. We've joked about these kind of things before but I felt quite offended at the thought that he might think I'd ever sleep with someone other than him.

"Are you acussing me of something?" I asked him, now leaving what I was doing and looking at him in the eyes from the kitches island, trying to figure out if he was joking or not.

"You're getting pretty defensive, you know? Don't let your behaviour give it all away" He rolled his eyes, so he thought I did sleep with someone after all, and he didn't seem to care a bit.

"You think I've cheated on you?" I asked him furrowing my eyebrows. I didn't raise my voice, I was calm but hurt about it.

"You tell me" He said squeezing his eyes and looking at me. I couldn't believe him.

"Tell me when you've stopped acting like a child, okay? I'm going to take a nap" I said as I walked past him and walked out of the door to go into our bedroom.

It hadn't been more than ten minutes before the bedroom door was being open and close. I didn't turn around, but instead, I felt the other side of the bed sink and Jack wrapped his lanky arms around me resting his head on my shoulder as I kept my eyes on the wall in front of me.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He asked and kissed my neck softly.

"Okay" I agreed, not contributing much to the conversation that was about to start because I was still mad at him.

"Alex.." He whispered.

"What, Jack? You think you can just accuse me of cheating on you and think that I'm going to forget it that easily? You should be ashamed of that accusation" I said, now turning on my other side to look at him.

"I want to marry you" He looked at me dead in the eyes. I was about to speak, but he cut me off when I opened my mouth. "I dont have a ring right now, but I will get you one, and I'll get down on my knee and ask you to marry me for the second time if I have to, but I want you to say that you'll marry me. I want to be engaged to you and have these stupid little fights when we are married, not now" He said and laced our fingers together. My expression softened at his words.

"Of course, Jack. You know you're the only one" I rolled my eyes at him and turned around ready to go to sleep, with my fingers interlocked with his.