Promise.

His Mind Was A Whispering Mess

As he wandered back to his bunk, his eyes empty, his mind was buzzing. The bus was blurry, and his eyes spied at an almost dreamlike quality; blurry around the edges, unfocussed and fragile. Upon glimpsing him, one would think he were grieving.

Oh no. In fact, it was the complete opposite. He was drowning in thought, but that of joy.

Rewind and rewind and rewind. He played the moment over and over again.

The moment those three magical, overused, underrated words slipped past his pale lips.

“I love you.”

His heart fluttered again and again; each single word was like a punch he was glad to take, impacting him, piercing him. His heart was overflowing, as if the words were spiked with secret emotion, threatening to engulf him.

Sighing and swooning like a crushing schoolgirl, he finally reached his bunk and following the cliché, collapsed on his bunk, staring at the stained grey of the bottom of Ray’s bunk with stars in his eyes.

His mind was a whispering mess. Diving into the pool of thought, all that was heard from all directions were cries of “he loves me, he loves me!”

He dimly registered Mikey’s concerned face hovering a few inches above his own, and a distant voice asking “You okay, man?”

He gave no reply but rolling over and sighing. Mikey rubbed his shoulder sympathetically; Frank wondered why, but his tongue seemed to have disconnected with his brain.

A siren pierced the foggy murkiness of his brain. It was hurting his head; he did not know why it was there. Louder and louder, closer and closer, as if just to spite him. Screaming “emergency, emergency”, like that song by that band – the one with the orange haired girl – paramore.

What was happening? Why was this horrible, screeching, forbidding sound piercing the quiet?

Wait…

Quiet?

It wasn’t quiet. The night was filled with screaming and shouting and crying and the most terrible sound – groans of pain.

Why?

As if the siren was a clearing of throat, smashing of shattered glass; call of his name, it had snapped him out of his trance to realise that behind the curtain that separated the bunk area from the main living space, there was commotion and the sound of rough sobs.

He decided to go and investigate the scene.
♠ ♠ ♠
Off hiatus, yaaaaay!

Comments are so FTW, guys.