Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 124: Gonna Fry for This

Otep smashed Jayda's head against her bedroom wall whilst two of her roommates recoiled against the opposite side of the room, praying they wouldn’t be manhandled next.

The young curly blonde let out a cry when her head made contact with the wall and stars exploded behind her eyelids. A sharp pain punctured through her head, making it thrum with pain. Jayda’s hands were frantically trying to claw Otep’s hands from her throat, where she was detained in an almost death grip. She wasn’t sure why she wasn’t crushing her windpipe, but was grateful she hadn’t. It gave her enough room to whimper out a question she didn’t have the answers to for this all happened so suddenly. “W-Why are you hur-hurting me?!”

“Well for one, you started it by putting your hands on my friend from before. Secondly, I'm just your classic sociable bitch. Last but not least, I just don't fucking like you.” Otep listed spitefully to her, giving her another blow to her head to emphasize her point.

The impact tore a sob from Jayda’s lips. “S-Stop!”

“I hope you’ll learn this time that you shouldn't fuck with the girls in that room, or me every again!” Otep cautioned her before hearing her name being blaring out from the open doorway. A smile stretched across her lips at her plan unraveling, the prey had finally taken the bait.

Orderly Rebecca stood on the threshold alone with a police baton in her left hand, and she had every intention of using it on one of her new unruly patients that clearly didn’t want to follow the rules around here.

Otep gave her an egotistical smile as she smoothly stood back with her hands up, dispensing Jayda to freely run out the door wailing like a toddler that just got spanked by her parents.

“You two too! Get lost, now!” Orderly Rebecca ordered the two other patients cowering in the room that she didn’t bother to acknowledge with her eyes. As soon as she heard them whisk past her in a flock of whimpers, she locked the door behind them so no one would infringe upon the beating that's been long overdue for this particular patient.

“Hello again, Rebecca. What exactly do you intend to do with that thing of yours?” Otep inquired, indicating the baton Rebecca was clenching onto with both hands like it was a sword ready to hack off the head of an opponent.

“I'm gonna beat you black and blue with it. You won’t be able to remember your own name once I’m done with you, you little bitch!” Orderly Rebecca threatened Otep before taking her first swing at the arrogant blonde. With astounding ease the young patient ducked around the older woman and delivered a robust kick to her arse, sending her zooming forward into the barred windows. Rebecca let out a incensed grunt before turning around to whack the baton into Otep's face, only to watch in horror as the young girl fended off another attack like she somehow foresaw it.

Otep smirked when she managed to nab the baton from Rebecca’s grip with both of her hands, and shoved the length of it up against the woman’s neck with the combined strength she knew wasn’t hers alone, forcing her to shuffle back until she was pinned against a wall. Taking in the sight of Rebecca striving to breathe, Otep whispered steadily. “Okay, now that I have you right where I want you, I thought you and I could have a nice little chat. What do you say? Will you cooperate with me or will I have to accelerate the rest of your life to its final end?”

Rebecca wasn’t able to respond to her questions and, so she opted for nodding as best as she could considering the circumstances. How on earth was this little girl stronger than her when she was much older and bigger? It didn’t make a lick of sense!

“Good.” Otep let Rebecca go. She buckled to the floor, sucking gulps of air into her lungs. Securing her grips on each end of the baton, Otep waited patiently for Rebecca to get a hold of herself to hear her out. Something told her not to hustle this conversation onward. That they wouldn’t be undisturbed by the roving patients or Orderlies. Otep trusted that feeling because it was familiar to her as if Hermanni was standing beside her orchestrating this whole thing himself. “How do I get out of this hospital?”

Rebecca promptly glanced up at Otep, her hand still massaging her sore throat. "You think you can escape here? You better stop dreaming now because you'll never get out of here as long as I-”

“Long as you what? Have your baton that you can mercilessly beat me with?” Otep bounced the tip of the baton in the palm of her hand, reminding her that her weapon was now in her custody.

Rebecca sneered at her, curling her hands into fists. “You CAN’T escape here!”

“Why the hell not? C’mon, Becca, humor me for a second.” Otep goaded her, waiting for the imperative information to come flooding out of her mouth as if it was promised to her.

“We have constant patrolling on every floor in this place. We have state of the art cameras at the end of every hallway. They're alarm switches everywhere, and you’d need a set of keys that only the Orderly's are authorized to carry. So please, by all means try and escape. I want to see how far you get before they kill you.” Rebecca spat at the young girl holding her baton. She couldn't figure out why on earth the girl was still so unafraid. She hadn't so much much as flinched at what she divulged.

“Keep talking, and I’ll make sure that you walk out of this room with both legs functioning.” Otep told her Orderly, who searched her eyes to see if she was bluffing or not. The young girl doubted she could see anything past her green eyes. No one ever could expect Hermanni, who wasn’t even human.

“Trust me, I have knowledge from experience just where to hit to cripple you for life.” Otep vouched, startling Rebecca with the soft smile curving her thin lips.

Hastily searching for information in her memory, the terrified Orderly realized that there was no way out intact unless she received help from one of the other Orderlies anytime soon...and that wasn’t about to happen soon enough! “I-I don't know what you want me to tell, okay? I don't know how you can escape this Hospital. Since the Medical Facility was sabotaged and shut down we had to up our own security, from interior to exterior. If anyone was hoping for a chance to escape this hospital they’d have had a better chance before those fucking kids escaped into the swamp with that wretched demon and fucked the rest of us over for their insolence!”

“So there’s no way for me to escape, eh? Then how does one, such as you, get in and out of this place on a daily basis?” Otep asked her nonchalantly, savoring how easily she was getting all these answers.

“Security passes, duh!” Rebecca barked, having no clue where Otep was getting at because there was no way she’d EVER be able to get her hands on one of those. “Why the hell does it matter to you, anyway?”

“No reason. Thank you for your cooperation, Rebecca, I hope we won't have to do this again in the near future.” Otep moved away from her and turned around so her back was to her. She was done with her.

“Oh, you bet we won't! Your brain is gonna fry for this if I have something to say about it!” Rebecca threatened until Otep turned around to look at her, the baton still in her control. At first, the older woman thought she was going to attack her with it, so she stepped back and prepared to shield herself with her arms for the incoming assault. But Otep only walked over to her, and discarded the weapon at her feet, willing surrendering herself to whatever punishment Rebecca planned to inflict upon her.