Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 130: Three Contractors

It was late at night in the Women’s dorm and all the patients were sealed up in their rooms except for Onika who had managed to setback her departure by compelling herself to puke as a justification for being late. Purging wasn’t something Onika had ever done before as far as she was concerned and neither did she acquire any interest in doing it ever again in life, but tonight the plan demanded for a postponement, and this is what she came up with at the last minute. Fortunately, the nurses didn't beat her being delayed, instead they forced her to get up off her knees and march to her room, vomiting or not. Onika made no fuss. Striding down the hall, the nurses were escorting the ‘ill’ patient to her room when out of nowhere a young blonde girl burst out of another room to embrace the uptight girl. The nurses let out an irked sigh at the sentimental display of affection because neither of them obviously had time for this. They curtly and promptly disconnected the girls, giving Onika enough time to slip something into Otep’s hand before they were divided.

“Enough of this! Why the hell isn’t your door locked, missy?” Nurse Bernice snapped at Otep with a stern tone, her eyes shooting daggers right through her skull.

Otep eyes widen with innocence. “Forgive me, ma’am. There was some trouble down the hall so our Orderly left and forgot to lock our door on the way out. I’m so sorry!”

Onika watched in awe as Otep rendered such angelic innocence and was almost convinced that this wasn't her typically sly friend. Otep THIS innocent? That’s something she has never seen before, so it took her by surprise. If this was what Otep was like when she was simply feigning to be innocent, then Onika wondered how she would come off if she wasn't impersonating, but was sincere.

“GET IN YOUR ROOM NOW!” Nurse Leah shouted in irritation, causing Otep to cower back in fear.

“O-Of course ma’am! Here, allow me!” Otep whimpered out as she ran into her room. Before shutting it, she surreptitiously wedged some balled up toilet paper in her hand that she received from Onika into the hole in the center of the strike plate.

Nurse Bernice shook her head in frustration before locking Otep’s door with her own set of keys. Turning her attention to Onika, she grasped the girl by her arm and dragged her the rest of the way to her room where she would wait patiently for the blonde’s arrival. “Let’s go, you!”
______________________________________________________________________________
It was near midnight and all the patients were airtight in their cells. There were only two nurses on night duty in the nurse’s station tonight. In the dark shadows of the hallway, Otep inaudibly opened her door, stepped out into the hall, then shut the door behind her and proceeded to slink towards the nurse’s station. The toilet paper that she had packed in her door had forbidden the latch from locking into place so she was simply able to push her door open with ease.

The entire floor was pretty much swallowed in darkness except for the small lights coming from within the nurse’s station. This aided in the nurses not being able to spot Otep coming towards them through the shadows. Both of the older women were engrossed with standing in front of the filing drawers and laughing as they read aloud some of their patient’s files to each other, their backs to the doorway as Otep came inching in from behind them. When they didn’t notice her standing behind them after a few minutes of cackling, the young lady casually went for the medicine cabinet on the wall by the doorway. She rapidly skimmed through the rations of small bottles before selecting one, then soundlessly rummaged through the drawers for two syringes as the nurses continued to laugh at their patient’s tragic backstories.

You’d think these nurses would take their night duty more seriously, but they never had a breakout happen before on their watch so they didn’t see a reason to be watchful tonight out of all nights. And that made it too easy for Otep to come up behind them and jab them both in the neck with the syringes, injecting them with her choice of drugs. Nurse Joanna, and Grabriella shrieked at the drill of the needle breaking through their skin and jerked back to dislodge the implanted syringes out of their necks. Their visions instantly became blurred as they attempted to bulldoze past Otep and escape the nurse’s station towards the only means of an alarm in their ward, the fire alarm. Otep watched them in hilarity as they wobbled on their feet, trying to repel the drug affecting their system until they involuntarily succumbed to it. They collapsed to the floor, but still fought the drug as much as they could by attempting to reach out towards the alarm until their vision went completely black.

Otep wasted no time in snagging the cell keys from their belts, having already retained which keys unbolted which patient’s doors. As soon as she unlocked their door, Demitria and Natasha came zooming out first to locate the nurse’s bodies. Otep’s plan was for them to take on the role of the applicable nurses by the time the contractors came knocking.

Otep and Onika assisted them with disrobing the nurses before transporting them all the way into the shower stalls in the bathroom. Demitria and Natasha then abetted each other with their hair to resemble the nurse’s style as Alexis compiled random bottles of even more drugs and syringes. Once they all had completed their part, Onika, Alexis and Otep took refuge under the nurse’s desks until the contractors arrived.

They waited over thirty minutes before the three men finally showed up. The contractors were tall fit men in their late thirties. Otep recognized them as the town’s original contractor’s descendents that had readily followed in the footsteps of their forefathers. Despite the fact that half the time they couldn’t find any old records of certain structures outside of town, they were sometimes forced to go out on a limp from time to time. Otep had a feeling tonight’s project would be one of those. Demitria and Natasha both looked at each other nervously when the three men came into view before sucking up some grit and stepping out of the nurse’s station.

“Good evening gentlemen, I am Nurse Eve and this is Nurse Eden. Is there anything we can do to assist you tonight?” Demitria inquired politely, flashing them a sweet virtuous smile that she hoped would win their approval because her brown eyes were screaming with hysteria.

The contractors each glanced at each other, sharing a look of surprise by these uniquely stunning young women. Gesturing to a toolbox and a huge paper rolled up in his hand, Jason smiled in greeting. “Oh no ma’am, we think we can take it from here.”

That rolled up paper had to be blueprints, both phony nurses reckoned.

“Very well. But if you need us for anything, don’t be scared to ask.” Natasha replied, giving them a sexy wink before spinning around and following Demitria back into the nurse’s station. They heard the men chuckle after them while probably admiring their backsides too. Seconds later, they were headed over to the flawed wall with the blueprints to the Psychiatric Hospital.

“Are you seriously going to flirt with these guys? You do remember what we have a job to do, right?” Demitria hissed at Natasha with her hands on her hips in objection.

Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes. “Of course I remember, honey, but that doesn’t mean I can’t flirt a little. Nevermind the fact that it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a real man, flirting might actually come to our advantage tonight.”

“Are you fucking serious, Natasha?” Onika hissed loudly from under one of the desks.

“Whaaaat!?” Natasha complained back, shooting them each a glare.

Otep rolled her eyes at their trivial bickering while she crawled out from under the desk and got to her feet. “You guys are fucking impossible. Alexis, Onika, you two follow me. It’s time.”