Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 131: Don't Stress Out About It

Alexis and Onika followed close behind their leader, Otep, as she instructed them to. The three stayed low and kept out of sight of the three contractors that were given admittance into the Psychiatric Hospital for inspection and possible reconstruction of an impaired wall, just in case they glanced their way. The three young ladies had crept out of the Nurse's station and into the shadows, stooped down and each wielding a fully loaded syringe primed with a different concoction from the one Otep utilized to temporarily dispose of Nurse Leah and Bernice. Their racing hearts were already hammering in their ears when they picked up one of the contractors hollering out towards the nurse station where Demitria and Natasha were still inside robed in the poached Nurse uniforms.

“Hey, can we get some lights in here, ladies? It’s kinda dark and we forgot our flashlights in the van.”

“You bet, darling!” Natasha poked her head out the open doorway to answer them, giving the three grown men a flirtatious wink before pretending to lean back inside to turn the light switch on. Damnit, this meant Otep, Alexis and Onika no longer had a choice but to hurry up and drug those contractors now! If she dared to turn the lights on then they’d be detected instantly. Poking her head back out the door the minute the three men weren’t looking her way, she hissed out at her friends within the cover of darkness, her fingers resting on the light switch. “Hurry the fuck up, you guys! It’s now or never!”

Taking the small window of opportunity Natasha was equipping them, Otep led the way towards the contractors, prowling up behind them like a reticent spector before catapulting herself onto one of their backs, and jabbing him right in the neck with her syringe. She barely let out a grunt, and the man a huff of breath from her rapid assault.

Onika was right behind her, and had the same amount of prowess to besiege her own appointed threat with the mirrored valiance of their leader. Her prey had managed to expel a shout of alarm though. Still, she watched in awe as two of the three men crumpled immediately to the ground, their dooming existence abolished…at least two of them were.

Alexis had faltered unlike the other two only until she heard the lingering survivor that was supposed to be hers to eradicate aggressively exclaim out in the semi-darkness.

“JESUS CHRIST! What the…who the hell are you!?” The man barked.

Locking her eyes onto her target, Alexis watched in horror as he began to close the distance between him and Otep, his hands outstretched to capture her from behind and most likely harm her for what she’d done to the other contractor.

“Hey, I’m talking to you, you bitch!” The contractor snapped at Otep again since the young woman refused to turn around and acknowledge him face to face.

Automatically Alexis’s feet got to spurting towards him in order to protect her friend. She didn’t feel it happen the way it did. It was more like an out of body experience to her. She had watched herself lift back her arm and hastily stab the needle into the man’s arm, injecting him until he heaved her off of him and had her skidding across the polished linoleum floor.

Otep had spun around to watch it all happen the way she knew Alexis would have the bravery to do it, and respected how this drug seemed to take these grown men down way quicker than the one she had previously used on the two nurses before. The contractors had slumped so fast to the ground that you would think they had dropped dead.

Suddenly, the lights were flipped on and the cover of darkness was dispelled out of the Women’s Wards. Both Demitria and Natasha came dashing up from behind them soon after, accompanying them as they all stared down at the three men in collective wonder.

“Holy shit, we did it!” Onika marveled with wide eyes, not believing what they had just accomplished together. Three teenage girls had neutralized three grown men on their own! Well, they had the help of medicinal drugs, but still it was an astonishing feat to her that luck had favored them tonight instead.

“Oh my god, are they dead!?” Demitria squeaked behind her hands in horror, looking at Alexis for reassurance since she was the one that selected the drug in the first place. She couldn’t veil the disgust on her face, making her appear like she wanted to puke.

“I-I don’t know. I j-just took a whole bunch of bottles and inserted a bit of them all in the syringes just in case. I didn’t know what the hell any of them even were, I didn’t have any time to read up on them!” Alexis stammered to explain her position at the time, trying to defend herself for possibly massacring the three men that were just trying to do their job and patch the damage wall.

“It doesn’t matter anymore so don’t stress out about it.” Otep muttered to them, standing up from checking their beating pulses and impatiently dusting herself off with a sigh.

“How does it NOT matter anymore?” Demitria began to argue back, earning Otep’s undivided attention.

“Sweetie, you need to start loosening up a bit. In our position, in our reality right now, your morals don’t always have to apply to them. What we’re doing feels so wrong, because it IS wrong. But in these swamps, doing bad things is surviving. Just…pretend like it's Opposite day or something if that’ll help you sleep at night.” Otep simplified, speaking to Demitria as if she were a kid which got on her nerves.

“Do NOT talk to me like a child, Otep!” Demitria snapped at her, stepping forward so there wasn’t much space between them.

“Well when you start acting like an adult that wants to survive this bullshit and stop wasting my time with your good morals, then I’ll change my tone.” Otep wrapped up the conversation, not giving any more time to this discussion as she started to drag one of the contractors by his ankles in the direction of the shower. Onika and Alexis stepped forward to help her but she waved them off. “No, you guys go find the blueprint. That’s more important than disposing of these clowns.”

Natasha stepped forward with a lengthy rolled up blue paper. “It’s okay, I already found it. We can help you move the bodies now.”

Adamant, Otep shook her head. “No, I got it from here. Return to your rooms and get some sleep. I’ll lock you all in and come back to clean up our mess. Leave the blueprints under my mattress.”

Concerned, Alexis inserted. “But your roommates will kill us if they catch us in there.”

Otep smirked and shook her head assuredly. “No, they won’t. Trust me on this.”

Onika, Demitria, Natasha and Alexis watched Otep haul the contractor’s body down the hall on her own, wishing they could help, but this was their leader’s plan and they didn’t want to make any moves that would hamper it and push back their escape any farther than it already was. They each let out an identical weary sigh before getting both Demitria and Natasha back into their patient's garbs and then lazily traipsing back to their rooms for the night. Onika was the only one gutsy enough to stop by Otep’s room and cram the blueprints under her mattress. However, she stalled in her journey to get to her room when she peeked at Otep’s roommates and realized that they were never in any shape to torment her in the first place. The now snoring roommates had all been tied to their beds with their own clothes, completely immobilized.