Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 3: Couldn't Back Down

Bam had stumbled upstairs to his room without making any sound to alert unwanted attention. Drunk off whiskey, Bam could barely see straight or walk properly, and surprisingly knew where he was going. This house wasn’t the place he and his brother grew up in. In fact, his parents bought this house about six months ago. Phil and April were hoping for a change of scenery after losing Ryan, and packed up their things as well as their children’s old rooms and moved to a new town. So far they loved their new town and the people in it. Bam, on the other hand, already wanted to go back home, but he knew he couldn’t.

Emmaline Emma. That fucking bitch, Bert cursed beneath his breathe. I’ve already been with her for far too long to survive a 20 to 80 years marriage to her chained at her side, Bam thought to himself with distaste. He leaned against his bedroom door for a minute, before straightening himself back up to try and reminisces on better times before Ryan’s death, but it only made him feel worse. Bam mumbled to his door with a slight slur in his voice. “Ryan, why did your ass have to die…why couldn’t it have been somebody else.”

“Bam? Is that you?” Emma called from the other side of his bedroom door. She had woken up by some mumbling outside in the hallway and assured herself that it was probably her fiancé coming to bed. Emma pulled herself up to lean her aching back against the headboard as she waited in silence for Bam to appear. When he finally opened the door, a drunken Bam filled the doorway. Emma felted betrayed when he silently stumbled into the room smelling strongly of alcohol and walked to his dresser to take out a pair basketball shorts.

Oh my god, he’s fucking drinking again, Emma thought to herself. She couldn’t believe this was happening again, that he could possibly be relapsing back when the babies were so close to their due date. I need his help; I can’t do this on my own, Emma complained in fear as the feeling of dread blanketed over her.

Bam shuffled over in his shorts and fell onto the empty side of the bed next to Emma, letting out a heavy sigh. He closed his blue eyes in hopes of getting a good night sleep after drinking a bottle of whiskey by himself.

Emma, however, couldn’t lay back down and go to sleep without a care like him. Bam was hitting rock bottom, and she needed to take some kind of initiative in order to stop it. I need to talk to him about this bullshit he’s going through for the sake of our children, Emma decided as she rubbed her huge belly. Inhaling deeply and then exhaling calmly for strength, Emma turned around to face the back her drowsy husband-to-be. She couldn’t have known that she was about to make the biggest mistake of her life.

“Bam? Honey, we need to talk. I can’t keep dealing with this grieving situation you have over Ryan. I’m sorry baby, but he’s gone. You need to get that through your head and accept it. Right now, We need you to be here for US. We need you now more than ever. You have to try and let him go for god’s sake, he’s dead and there is nothing anyone can do about it.” Emma exclaimed as gently as she could while trying not to let her frustrations get the best of her. She wanted him to take her seriously, and speaking to him in anger only seemed to chase him away.

Bam’s eyes snap open and he instantly saw red. Sobering up, Bam sat up and slowly turn his head to send Emma the kind of glare that would literally kill her if it was possible. Emma frightfully shot off the bed by his intense glare, but she managed to hold her ground and not heed the warning his eyes were sending her. It was imperative that she get through to her fiancé and the father of her babies. She had to make him see that their children were more important than Ryan. Emma placed a loving hand on her swollen belly and told herself that she couldn’t back down now when this was all for the little ones.

“Bam, please listen to me. You have a family to care for now. You need to start thinking about the children?” Emma tried explaining calmly, rubbing soothing circles over the slight kicks pushing out against her belly. Bam stood up from the bed, and walked over to her side with a menacing look on his face.

“What about them?” Bam questioned cruelly in a monotonous voice.

Emma was flabbergasted; her breathe was stolen from right out of her. She took a step back until she was pressed up again Bam’s cold window that prevented her from retreating any further. She was having a hard time taking in what her fiancé had just said to her. She tried telling herself it was the alcohol talking, but Emma knew Bam better than that. He wasn’t trying to be cruel and heartless to intentionally hurt her feelings. No, he was being cruel and heartless because he is cruel and heartless. He was being serious, and she could easily see it in his eyes. That only caused something deep inside of Emma to snap. The last of her self-control shattered into pieces, leaving her ready to beat the man she now hated.

“What about them!? Are you fucking serious right now?!” Emma shouted, her fists clenching from the shock and fury rushing through her body. The strongest emotion out of two was fury. It was the kind of fury that ordinary people always kept bottled up where it would fester and grow over time. This was a fury Emma had never felt in her life before, which made it was a bit frightening for her to feel, but at the same time she couldn’t stop herself from wanting to cause Bam some damage too.

Whether she was about to go off in an angry rant or not, Bam didn’t really know, but he didn’t plan on sticking around for it. Bam turned to leave the room, and decided that sleeping in one of the guest rooms for the night would be for the best. Running away from his problems wasn’t a new habit for Bam. It was actually one of the few ways he ended a discussion he didn’t want to be a part of anymore.

But this time, Emma wasn’t going to let Bam end this argument by walking away. She was gonna fight him until she finally got it through his thick skull that he needed to stop mourning over his best friend, and move on with his life.

“Fuck Ryan Dunn!” Bam stopped in the doorway the second he heard her outburst, his entire body tensing up as a result. Emma was surprised that her comment had stopped Bam from leaving and decided this was the perfect time to tell him how she really felt about the past few months and what she had to go through being second best.

“Yeahm I said it! Fuck him! I’m glad he’s dead, you wanna know why?! All you cared about was him and your stupid fucking friends! There were younger girls at those parties Ryan always had when I wasn’t around, and I know you fucked those sluts, don’t pretend you didn’t! I had to fall asleep next to you with the scent of those whore’s perfume drifting off of you like a fucking stink bomb and keep my mouth shut for the sake of our family!” Emma screamed at him, releasing all her pain out without a hint of remorse. She didn’t care if what she said was hurting him. She was finally letting go of all the pain he caused her, and it felt euphoric. So, she kept going.

“I’m so fucking happy that he died in that car crash! I’m so glad that he fucking burnt to dea-“

A fist interrupted her speech about her jealousy for Bam’s best friend. Emma fell back against the window, her nose broken and blood pouring down her nightgown. The window cracked from the force of her body being pushed against the glass, but it still held together. Emma pulled her hand from her nose to see that she was indeed bleeding, before looking at her fiancé, the love of her life. He HIT her. Bam hit Emma, his fiancé that was pregnant with his children. He HIT her. The realization wasn't coming to Emma as quickly as it should have as she repeatedly gazed from the blood on her hand to Bam, still in a state of shock.

It was almost like everything went into slow motion after that. Bam’s chest was rising up and down at a quick pace, while his clenched fist gleamed in the moonlight with Emma’s blood. A roaring fire of hatred was burning behind his eyes; sending Emma a message that clarified for her that Bam Margera didn’t love her, or their children. It took a broken nose to put the pieces together for her, and to finally be able to see the truth that’s been there in front of her face the whole time.

Emma was in such a state of shock, she didn’t see the next fist that came at her, and socked her in the right eye. Her head bashed into the cracked window, causing it to shatter into crystallized pieces. Her body gave way into the glass and in the blink of an eye she was no longer standing in the room with Bam.

Emma fell through the bedroom window and was falling three stories to the ground below, screaming all the way down. Her body twisted in time for her face to slam down onto the cemented walkway. The night was then filled with peaceful silence once again.

From the third floor looking down at her, Bam felt a heavy load being lifted off his own burdened shoulders. “Fucking bitch.” Bam whispered from his bedroom window as he slowly shook his head with distaste. Those words would be the last words Bam ever got to say to Emma, and the sickest part is, he regretted nothing he had said or did to her.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Bam, are you alright!?” April cried as she sprinted towards him, throwing her arms around her son. “Oh honey I thought you’d hurt yourself again! What on earth was that noise? What were you two doing up here?” April asked Bam, who was merely standing in the middle of his room with a blank expression on his face. He didn’t acknowledge his parent’s arrival because his eyes were glued to the broken window.

“April,” Phil whispered, staring at the broken window. The rain started to fall down heavily in that split second, adding to the dreaded situation. April looked at her husband’s terrified expression, then at the broken window, and finally around the bedroom. Emma wasn’t in the room with them. Could she be using the bathroom, April wondered to herself, she is a pregnant woman after all and those babies love to use the bladder as a hacky sack from time to time.

April’s eyes then wandered back to the broken window where the feeling of alarm started to rise up in her gut, prompting her to question her little boy with a voice laced with fear and paranoia.

“Brandon, where is Emma?” April whispered softly. The look on her son’s face was sending her mind into frantic paranoia. April and Phil had no idea where Emma was at that moment, but they knew their son knew the answer, but by the way he was behaving, they were too afraid to make an effort to get an answer from him. Phil looked at his son as April stood back up and began to back away from Bam retreating behind her husband’s big frame. Bam didn’t respond from where he stood. His blue eyes were still captivated by his broken window and the sound of the heavy rain falling from outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam

Emma