Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 7: Fix Me

Bam was brought out of the swamps and into the facility with a quick hard shove forward. Stumbling inside, he managed to take a couple of fast glimpses of his surroundings inside the building. The wallpapers were a happy shade of yellow, and were decorated with various kinds of scenic hand paintings nailed through the walls. The linoleum on the floor was an empty white except for the random array of rainbow tiles that trailed down the center of every hallway. The color schemed look like it was either picked out by a clown, or it was painted with the thought of young children in mind.

While walking down the hallway to their left, Bam noticed each room was painted in bright eye-catching colors. The beds that were on displayed through the open doorways appeared in good condition, and looked comfortable enough to provide good night’s sleep, which Bam was surprised by because he hadn’t expected a place called a Medical Facility would look this well-maintained. In the horror movies, the beds would usually have paper thin sheets, flat pillows, and lumpy stained mattresses, but this place was the complete opposite. The rooms had decorative lamps, televisions, magazines, books and an assortment of things to keep a person well occupied during their stay. This place really didn’t look like any of the crazy places Bam had envisioned when they told him he was going to some Medical Facility, in fact, it almost looked like a small cozy hotel room. Still this isn’t the place I plan on staying in, Bam mentally told himself before he was pulled out of his thoughts by their sudden stop in front of a big wooden door.

Cindy, who had been walking ahead of them the whole time, lightly knocked on the door before calling out to the other side. "Father McCarter, brother Jeremiah has arrived with our new patient.”

"Enter!" A voice bellowed.

Bam began to struggle against his captors as the office door opened but he was still dragged inside nonetheless. "Let me the fuck go, you fucking dickwads!!" Bam shouted at them as he was steered to an antique chair that sat in front of a matching antique desk.

Patiently watching his employees drag Bam into his office and forcing him to sit in one of his antique chairs was an older man that didn’t appear as ancient as the religious people inside the church. His hair was dark brown fading slightly into silver around his sideburns, but his beard was completely grey. His eyes were an oddly warm chocolate brown that could soothe anyone’s worry. He wore a dark grey suit, with a white dress shirt and a silk black tie. Curiously leaning over his desk, the older man studied his new patient closely. "Calm down boy, and let me have a good look at you."

Bam’s eyes clashed with the old man’s brown ones with blue fire raging within. "Who the FUCK are you, and where the FUCK am I!?" He demanded to know as he continued to struggle against the two giant beefy hands that kept him seated in his chair.

"My name is Dr. McCarter, and I own this facility. This place is Silence Falls own Medical Facility as you probably already know. We house individuals that are deemed a threat or a danger to our society, hence why you're here. You would agree with that, wouldn’t you, Mr. Margera? That you are indeed a threat and a danger to society.” Dr. McCarter asked him as he got up from behind his desk and began to walk to the window that overlooked one of their many beautiful garden outside.

"What!? No, I'm not fucking threat, I’ve never been a fucking threat to anyone! Now will you fucking let me go before I wrap your intestines around your neck and choke you to fucking death with it?!" Bam shouted with rage as he continue to struggle to get out of the steel grips that kept him still.

Dr. McCarter chuckled from Bam’s remark, and turned around to raise an amused eyebrow at him. "Not a threat, you say?"

Bam just chose to glare at the Doctor instead of arguing back. He was well aware that what he had just said didn't really help to convince the Doctor that he wasn’t a threat to anyone when he was talking about strangling him with his own intestines.

"Mr. Margera, I'm going to need you to sign a document for me that will clearly state that you are here in this Medical Facility to willingly work with us on curing your current mental illness. You must put your complete trust in mine, and my staff’s decisions to do whatever it takes to help you through your predicaments, or else this program will never work and many lives will become endangered." Dr. McCarter informed him as he reached into his drawer to retrieve a thick document that he quickly flipped through until he reached the page where a blank line was awaiting a signature. Taking the fountain pen from his suit breast pocket, Dr. McCarter offered it out for Bam to take.

Finally, Bam was released from the huge hands that held him down as the muscle-heads backed up from behind his chair and each took a stand by the doors instead with their arms crossed over their massive chest. Bam glanced over his shoulder and studied them quickly until he came to the conclusion that if he decided to attempt to try and get past them he’d most likely end up dead. Feeling defeated, Bam looked back at the Doctor with his signature glare. “What the hell are you fucking talking about, man?” Bam demanded to know as his mind recalled what the Doctor had just said. He wasn’t sure if what he had heard to be true. Was this guy really offering him a chance to ‘cure’ him, and if so, from what exactly?

“I think you know exactly what I’m offering you. Last night should have been a huge wakeup call as to what you’ve been suffering with for so long. Your anger has grown so great that it’s snuffed out the lives of Emma and your children in just a matter of seconds. That kind of anger, my boy, isn’t normal. As long as your anger goes untreated you will continue to hurt others, and possibly take more lives from the people you once held dear to your heart.” Dr. McCarter explained.

“So what, you’re saying you can fix this, my anger? I fucking killed my fiancé and all you can think of doing about it is to FIX me? Why the hell would you wanna do that? Why not just fucking arrest me so I can live the rest of my life behind bars or on death row?” Bam expressed exaggeratedly, throwing his hands up for emphasis.

Dr. McCarter merely smiled at him. “Your specific case is special. Besides, anyone that would judge you in a court of law would simply deliver you to my Facility, anyway. You’re clearly unfit to stand trial, Mr. Margera, so why dance around the facts? You belong here in this facility. God has brought you here for a reason, and that reason is for me to treat you.”

Bam shook his head in denial. "How can you think I could possibly put my trust in you like you people after all the shit you’ve put me through? You’ve dragged me out here against my fucking will and had my parents murdered!”

"Drugged actually, and it all could have been prevented if not for your enraged outbursts, I assure you. We didn't drag you out here just for the fun of it, Mr. Margera. You killed your wife and unborn children in cold blood. You are a danger to society, you must see that by now. If we had not arrived in time to stop you, you might have ended up murdering your parents or worse, the other families that live on their street. Your parents were drugged for a reason, Mr. Margera. They were obviously not going to let you go without a fight, and we couldn’t have them getting in the way of our regulations. We didn't wish to harm your parents, trust me, I personally understand the instinct to protect your child from any danger. We merely drugged them to keep them, and ourselves safe throughout the process. They will merely wake up in a day or two as if nothing ever happened and with without side effects. It’ll be like it was all just a dream.” He hesitated as he looked Bam in the eye. “But for you, it will never be just a dream unless you accept my help today by signing your name on this document. The sooner we can get started, the quicker you can be free again to start your life anew.”

Dr. McCarter was very charismatic, and Bam could feel it working on him. He was starting to make him believe that he was a sensible and caring man despite everything that had happened in the past few hours. As much as Bam didn’t want to think about it, he had to eventually come to terms with the fact that he did indeed kill his pregnant fiancé and his unborn children. His anger had never been that bad before, yet it got out of control last night. Bam was becoming afraid of it, and himself. He wasn’t sure if he could even stop it the next time his anger decided to hike up that dangerously, which made this whole stupid Medical Facility seem like a good idea. What if they hadn't stopped him when they did, would he have seriously went out and hurt someone else? Bam slowly shook his head as he began to think more deeply on the subject. Could this place possibly be what’s best for him? It didn’t look all that bad when he saw it on the way to the Doctor’s office. Naturally of course things could be worse for him. He could be in prison right now serving the life sentence that he obviously deserved. At that thought, Bam was beginning to believe he didn’t have any other choice in the matter. Even if he rejected Dr. McCarter’s offer and walked away from the facility, who’s to say the cops wouldn’t find him next? Maybe here in this facility, he could actually learn to control his anger so that he could protect himself and others from suffering the same fate as Emma and the twins.

Bam looked up at the golden pen in Dr. McCarter’s hand. Biting his lower lip irritably, Bam slowly reached out for the golden pen, tighten his hold on it, and gently slipped out of the Doctor’s hand. Pressing the tip of the pen on the paper, Bam carefully signed his name away on the dotted line.

Once done, Dr. McCarter clapped his hands together with an accomplished smile on his face as he turned to the two other muscle heads dressed in white that just walked in. Their name tags read Tim and Tom printed on it. "Good, you two are here just in time. Our new patient has just signed in for our help to guide him through the path of our God. Will you take Mr. Margera to his assigned room, please?" Dr. McCarter politely ordered them. Tim and Tom nodded simultaneously as they both came over to Bam and abruptly yanked him out of his chair like a ragdoll, before shoving the familiar black bag over his head again. In the blink of an eye they were already dragging him out the door. Bam fought back as hard as ever before with profanity, and threats in tow. "It was truly nice meeting you, Mr. Margera. I do hope you enjoy your stay in Silence Falls." The doctor called happily down the hallway after a struggling Bam, before closing his office door for the morning.

"Can you pencil dicks stop fucking dragging me everywhere!? I can fucking walk if you'd take this damn bag off me and let me fucking go!" Bam spat at them, but only earned grunts in response from his handlers. Bam was dragged past the main entrance and down a right hallway to a door at the end of the hall. The patients that now appeared to suddenly be in their rooms, sleeping, reading or watching TV were incredibly still from what little Bam could see through the bag. He couldn’t hear their voices, mumbles, cries or laughs. He heard nothing but silence from them.

Tim and Tom stopped at the door at the end of the hall that was labelled "Storage Room", and quickly opened it, throwing Bam in first before they stepped too inside what looked to oddly be an ancient elevator. Bam groaned from where he hit his head connected against one of the walls and laid there on his side. Tim pressed one of the hundreds of buttons on the elevator panel and waited while Tom turned back to yank Bam back up to his feet as the elevator began to lower down, making loud metallic screech all along the way.

Where the fuck were they going?
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam