Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 8: Roomate

Bam really didn’t know what exactly happened next since there was a black bag tied over his face that conceal everything from his view, and he was honestly too afraid to take it off in fear of getting ripped apart as punishment, not that he would ever admit that out loud. His head was still throbbing from when he was thrown onto the floor of the elevator by the same handlers that had lifted him off of ground and were now standing with their backs to him facing the elevator door. It was almost like they were ignoring him because they didn’t say a single word to him throughout their entire ride down, and it wasn’t like Bam was going to be the first initiate a conversation with them anyway, not after what they’d done to him. Hell, even taking the vengeful idea of trying to take them down from behind was a laughable picture. Tim and Tom looked like all they did was spend time in the gym working out nonstop so getting the drop on them would not be easy. Bam opt to stay away from them instead, catch his breath, and try to close his mind off from the sound of the screech of metal that was beginning to make his teeth hurt.

It seemed like thirty minutes had past when the elevator that smelled grossly of rust finally reached its destination and came to a slow screeching stop. Tim, one of the muscle heads, turned around to face Bam with a sinister smile on his face. Bam could suddenly feel his blood run cold from within the dark confinement of his black bag and he had a feeling he knew why. Tim reached out to grab ahold of Bam’s right arm while Tom’s hand was closing over the left. Bam instantly lost it and began to fight back. “Don’t you fucking touch me, man! I told you motherfuckers to let me the fuck go!” He could feel his body being pulled towards the front of the elevator, his shoes fighting to find some kind of grip onto the floor. “Where the fuck are you taking me!? Where the hell am I!?”

Completely ignoring Bam’s outbursts, Tim and Tom both yanked him forward until he was sandwiched in between them, and then when the doors finally squeaked opened, they dragged him down through a hallway that sounded like it was leading to the gates of hell itself. Bam heard what sounded like a concert of voices, blood curdling screams, deranged laughter, menacing shouts, and even macabre singing. If Bam didn't know better, he was certain he had been transported into a prison full of the most insane dangerous lunatics just by all the loud overwhelming sounds he was hearing all around him. In that deafening moment, Bam truly became scared for his life. Instantly panicking to get out of wherever he now was, Bam managed to shove his entire body against either Tom or Tim. He caused one of them to stumble back a bit, but it was only for a split second, because he came right back to restraining Bam’s arm with a much tighter grip than before.

Only for a minute did Tim finally let go of Bam’s arm, but it was only to unlock the heavy metal door that was their final destination and then pushed the heavy thing open for him. Bam let out a gasp of surprise when his bag was finally yanked off of his head so that he could finally see. Sadly, he wasn’t able to get a good look at anything due to his blurry vision, and the fact that he was immediately tossed into a cold room. Bam let out a grunt as his head once again made contact with a cold hard surface, and when he managed to sit himself up he began to gently rub his hand over the bump that would surely come. He knew that he would be feeling a painful headache the very next morning. "Fuck!" Bam cursed out in hatred right before he visibly jumped from the sound of thick metal slamming from behind his back. He didn’t have to look over his shoulder to see what was going on since he had a pretty good idea by the sudden silence that Tim and Tom weren’t behind him anymore. He was finally left alone to his thoughts…or so he thought.

"Are you alright?" A voice softly asked him, abruptly breaking the eerie silence that Bam thought was his only company. Snapping his head to the right, Bam peeked out a guy sitting on one of two cheap white twin beds in the room with his legs drawn up and his arms wrapped around them. The guy had a pretty boy face with fair skin, long brown hair that reached his shoulders, and vibrant blue eyes. “Here let me help you up.” Getting off the bed, the guy walked up to Bam, and stuck a hand out to help him off the floor. Bam hesitated for a moment before taking him up on his offer since he was feeling too beat up to be stubborn. Giving him a defeated nod, he placed his hands in the stranger’s and let him assist him to his feet. Once standing, Bam brushed himself off a bit and took a second to study his surroundings while trying to ignore the throbbing in his head. Where in the world was he? This wasn’t the same facility he sign in to, that much he knew. The walls weren’t yellow wallpaper with scenery paintings nailed into it. No, these walls were thick grey slabs of concrete with small areas chipping off here and there as well as decorated with scratch marks, dark stains, and tallies of the days that passed perhaps? The beds were the only furniture in their concrete box other than the nightstand that sat in-between them, but still they all looked to be in terrible conditions. The floors was also concrete and were decorated in so many brown stains it made Bam sick to his stomach as to where they could have come from. Despite those three small furniture, there was nothing else in sight.

"So uh, my name is Cristofer Haughton. I guess you’re my new roommate. Do you have a name?" Cris asked him, as he closely studied the many expressions currently flicking across Bam's face. He kept wondering to himself if Bam was really there standing right in front of him, a living breathing human being. It felt like decades already since he had a roommate, and he’d been alone all that time. He hopes it wasn’t all in his head and that Bam turned out to be a figment of his imagination.

Bam looked back at him unsurely and hesitated for just a moment before deciding to head over to the nightstand in-between the beds. "Brandon. Brandon Margera, but call me Bam. No one calls me Brandon!” He frantically searched the nightstand for something, anything that he could use to help in some way through the situation that he was now stuck in, but he found nothing but what looked like dust balls.

“Cool, it’s nice to meet you, Bam.” Cris smiled at him, and held out his hand for a welcoming handshake. He quickly realized that Bam wasn't paying any attention to him at all and was instead searching for something. "I do hope you don’t me asking, but uh what are you looking for exactly?"

"Anything! Anything that I can use to get me the fuck out of this place!" Bam snapped, slamming the nightstand drawers shut in frustration.

“Oh, I see.” Cris nodded in understanding. Naturally, escape would be the first thing on Bam’s mind after being snatched up from the outside world and being brought down here. A long time ago, Cris shared the same exact dream, but these day he’s more focused on getting through each day alive. Bam had no idea what was going on around him, and it was clear to Cris that he needed his help. Nervously chewing on his bottom lip, Cris walked over to his bed and took a seat down on the lumpy mattress. "Uh, Bam…you might wanna calm down and have a seat. I can see that there’s a lot you haven’t been informed of about this place that you should definitely know before you do anything rash."

Bam ignored Cris, and continued on with his search underneath the beds and even between the sheets. He didn’t particularly care about the information Cris had to tell him, rather he was more determined on finding something he could use to defend himself against Tim and Tom just in case they were waiting right outside of the door when he finally made his escape.

As Bam continued to search the room, Cris came to his own conclusion that Bam wasn't going to give him the time of day and listen to what he had to say. "Okaaaay. How bout I just tell you then instead so you won’t have to stop doing what you’re doing. This place… it isn't at all like the place upstairs with the yellow wallpaper that you might have seen on your way in. That place, well, it’s a piece of heaven compared to this prison. The rules are stricter down here, but are pretty easy to follow, I guess. The only advice I would give you is that you have to do as your told at all times, and you'll be safe…kind of. I mean, its works well for me since I’ve been here, but I guess you never really know, right?” Cris cleared his throat and moved on. “Well, these jerks down here that run this place have a pretty strict schedule that they expect us all to follow. In the morning we wake up at 9AM, clean our room, swallow whatever pill you have been prescribed with, and then go downstairs to eat breakfast. After that we are broken into teams that do different jobs, it all really depends on what they want us to do on that day. When the work is all done we can finally shower, and then, if we’re successful, we can spend the rest of the day doing nothing...you’re actually pretty damn lucky if you’re able to find something fun to do around here." Cris finished, as he watched Bam lean his back against the wall and slide down to the floor with his head in his hands. He listened for the sound of Bam’s heavy breathing to return to normal, a signal that his current fury had passed.

Bam slowly looked up from where he sat on the floor, and let out a long stressful sigh. "Alright fine then, tell me where the fuck I am, because I’m not quite getting what the fuck is going on around here and it doesn’t sound like you’re explaining it all that well! Who the fuck are you, and why the fuck are you in here too?!"

Cris’s shoulder’s slumped in disappointment. "I see, you weren't listening to anything I said before, did you? That’s okay, my name is Cristofer Haughton, but you can call me Cris for short. I am one of many of the innocent people trapped in this place too. You see, when my parent's moved here, life was kind of perfect I guess. I was always a ‘good kid’ until my blood brother ran away from home and tracked me down there."

"Blood brother? What the fuck is that? Some kind of cult thing?" Bam questioned him as he moved over to sit on the only empty bed available in the room. “And what does this story have to do with anything?”

“Well, you said you wanted to know why I’m here. I’m telling you.” Cris reminded him before going on ahead to answer his other questions. "And no, blood brother’s isn’t a cult thing. Back in the day when we were just two young kids everyone had some kind of fear of Connor. His mother and I were the only ones that didn’t feel scared when he walked into a room, in fact I thought he was an okay guy. I'd like to say we became friends growing up, even despite the issues he had concerning…his appetite.” Cris hesitated for a moment because he wasn’t sure if he should tell Bam the truth or make up a lie instead. His eyes wandered around the cold hard concrete box that he’d been stuck in for what felt like years already. He wasn’t getting out of there anytime soon, he knew it, and so what was the point in keeping secrets anymore? In time, Bam would hear worse tales than his anyway, but still, what he had to say was something pretty unforgivable and he would surely be judged for it. But what’s done is done, and no matter how much he wished he could he couldn’t go back in time and prevent it from ever happening again. Bracing himself, Cris slowly looked up to see Bam staring impatiently at him. “Connor is a…cannibal. At the time, he only fed on…newborns. Don’t ask me how exactly he got his hands on them, but somehow…he did." Cris got off of his bed and started pacing around their small room, biting his thumb. Cris was anxious, but he continued on nevertheless. "And YES, I knew about it even then. I never saw him actually do it, I just knew about it because he’d make these random comments about the missing kids in our neighborhood out of the blue sometimes. We had this clubhouse in the woods behind the park my dad and his step-dad built for us, and the soil around the tree trunk was always loose. That’s where I discovered a pile of bones underneath by accident. I had decided on my own to just pretend it was animal bones even though I already knew was it was, and before I could cover it up, he found me standing right over them. Connor didn't want me to go telling on him, so I made a special promise not to, you know the kind right? You nick your fingers then press them together so the blood touches. Our lives felt forever sealed in secrecy to me at that age. Connor was my best friend, even though I had many at the time. I wasn't going to let him down by ratting him out. When I got older, I finally realized I was wrong in protecting him all those years, but my parents had already decided to move away to a different neighborhood due to the many children disappearing every year. I still couldn't tell anyone even then. Not my parents, not the cops that continued to wander from door to door to ask questions. I couldn't open my mouths to tell them that my only ‘brother’ was a fucking cannibal, and that he felt he needed it to survive like some kind of monster.” Cris shook his head in thought as his steps slowed. “I didn't tell Connor I was leaving when I did, I didn't really have to, to be honest. Not a day had passed when he finally found me. He scared the shit out of me, seeing him perched on the tree beside my bedroom window in the dark. I asked him how he found me. He said I knew too much about him for him to let me go…" Cris finally took a seat on the floor, and drew up his knees far enough to wrap his arms around himself, nervously fiddling with his fingers. Mentally he was preparing himself for the verbal attack that would surely come his way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam

Boys