Status: Redo of my old story

Silence Falls

Chapter 89: Ritual of Human Intimacy

Highly insulted, Bert drove Bam out of his space and snapped back at him when he was propelled back. “I’m not fucking lying, you prick! I’m telling the goddamn truth!”

“You’re feeding us fucking lies, man! Tell us who the fuck this Subject V is! That fucker could be the reason we’re in this mess in the first place and you’re seriously going to protect him!? WHY?” Bam demanded to know. No one else in their group, but Bert has lived in this town the longest! Bert had to know who this Subject V was in Bam’s mind’s eye, there was no way he couldn’t!

“I already told you that I've never heard of this bastard! This guy could've been causing trouble in town for a long time AFTER my imprisonment and hasn't been caught since for all I know. If I wasn't living underground maybe I'd have the answers for you, but lets not forget, Bam, that I was UNDER THE FUCKING GROUND WITH YOU!” Bert refuted before Connor stepped in between the two fuming men.

“Alright whatever, shut the fuck up you two! Look, I have an idea here. We can find this Subject V, right? Hold him for ransom so we can get our freedom back and then get the hell out of dodge for good!" Connor detailed his plan, observing their faces go from fury to contemplative over his resolution.

“I don't think that's a good idea.” Alexis softly voiced from behind them.

“I second that. I mean not that long ago those same soldiers were trying to KILL us. If they decide to go back on their word, we're not gonna be a match against their military's power.” Onika inserted.

“How bout we all make this another group decision? Let’s wait for Otep to get back and...wait, where is Natasha and Hermanni?” Cris inquired, as his head turned all the way around to survey his surroundings.

“I don't know about Hermanni, but Natasha went to reapply her red lipstick in the bathroom. I swear to god, she can take hours doing that.” Onika forewarned them, impatiently rolling her eyes at Natasha’s unnecessarily timeless ritual in making sure her red pouty lips looked completely flawless.
________________________________________________________________________
Hermanni hastened down the hall, anxiously tugging on the sleeves of his suit jacket, his focus preoccupied deep within his mind. As much as he didn't want to accept it, he was becoming extremely edgy like a teenager on the fringe of a nervous breakdown. The rest of his family had just found out his second name, his authentic identity...only, they didn't know that HE was the notorious Subject V that the military were so relentless in ensuing. Still, the thought that the others knew his branded name was enough to demoralize him more than when only one of them knew him as Subject V. This just combined more paranoia and nail biting into the situation. The smart thing he could have done was to eradicate Otep the second he was cognizant that she witnessed him using his powers with her own eyes, but as powerful as he was, he wasn't that kind of monster. Send him back in time and he still wouldn't slay her given the chance. Still he needed to figure out how he would construe everything to his family when the time came...

Sensing Natasha before she exited the bathroom, Hermanni trapped her by her hips when she collided into him. Her red lipstick tube teetered out from her elegant hands to clatter onto the floor. Natasha gasped, uplifted her eyes to his and was about to expel a sincere apology until she realized the person who caught her was the very guy whose hips she'd been dying to wrap her legs around. Hermanni instantly felt her lust channel through her body with the velocity of air escaping out of a balloon and decided to take his time to compute her body’s reception to him back. Natasha had graceful brown eyes that were thickly lined in black, and her mouth was painted the truest of reds and had a naturally inviting pout. It beckoned Hermanni's soft lips to her own like a lure. He felt the power of it’s draw and an ache that dragged a man into a woman's awaiting arms. In all honesty, it was a new encounter that he didn't think could wane even him. Did this make him a little more human than he thought?

Hermanni only broke eye contact with her when he felt a small tap at the side of his boots. Glancing down, he identified it as her forgotten tube of lipstick. Gently pulling away, Hermanni went to stoop down and retrieve it for her, but Natasha’s small hands thoroughly fisted themselves into his shirt, and wrenched him back up again. Once more, their eyes collided upon meeting, but this time Natasha pressed her chest against his. The warmth of his body gave her a shot of an aching yearning as if he was intimately touching her already. But what he was really doing was peering into her mind, and conceiving the depths of her infatuation for him. Natasha’s nose nuzzled itself tenderly beneath his chin, coercing him to lower head so that their lips were only inches from each other.

“Subject V.” A voice addressed the couple aloud, causing Hermanni to twist his head and see Otep standing nearby with her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised. Natasha was abruptly flung out of her fantasy, completely deaf to what Otep had said just now, only that she was there.

“Evening Natasha, you wouldn’t mind if I speak to Hermanni in private, would you? It's really important stuff.” Otep required of Natasha stiffly, who merely nodded languidly as if she was still in a daze.

“Um, y-yeah sure. I'll see you guys later, I guess.” Natasha whispered unsurely. Hermanni bent down and offered her her lipstick back which made her smile again before she retreated away back to the others.

“What the hell were you doing just now with Natasha?” Otep demanded, making him uncomfortable.

“I have no answer as to what was about to take place.” Hermanni expressed deeply, but with wonder in his eyes. “It was something new though. I have yet to partake in the ritual of human intimacy.”

“Whatever, forget I asked.” Otep cut in, not wanting to know of his private matters. “We need to talk about what took place in the cafe. If you're done with partaking in human intimacy, that is.”

“Very well, I would feel more comfortable speaking in a more private setting though. The roof is empty of life and the air is very refreshing this time of night if you would like to speak there.” Hermanni recommended, hoping he wouldn't have to force her to say yes just because he didn't want to jeopardize being discovered by the others yet.

“Fine, just so long as we get this conversation going in the next two seconds! I don't honestly give a shit where we go at this point!" Otep impatiently snapped, striding past him in the direction of the stairs.
__________________________________________________________________________________

“What is it you would like to talk about, Otep?” Hermanni inquired respectfully, now more confident in opening up to her with the only the hushed night to keep them company.

“You do know that I know that you are the very same Subject V Cris and Connor mentioned earlier, don't you?” Otep asked him, keeping her distance because she knew exactly what he was capable of.

“Yes, I am aware of your knowledge of my second name. The others, however, do not know, and I prefer to keep it that way.” Hermanni granted, his brows furrowing. Everyone he cared about knew the name Subject V now, but no one could really put a face to the wanted man just yet, much to his relief.

“And how do you expect them not to find out? Are you going to brainwash them, get inside their minds and delete shit?” Otep demanded, putting her hands on her hips with discontent. She didn’t support that idea if it had crossed his mind as of late.

“No, of course not! I can if I want to, you know this by now, but it is not an option I want to even consider. I care too much to make you all my mindless slaves.” Hermanni tried to assure her, but from the look on her face, he could tell she was having doubts about him all over again.