Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

One

Sometimes I think love is impossible. Yeah, there's movies that highlight the essence of love, bring you to tears at the end because that's what you wish for. Love. I've seen love happen. It's beautiful and it's something I want to grab onto. It's something everyone needs to fill the gaping hole in their heart.

It's like breathing-a necessity to live. Being loved is essential, loving someone is beautiful. It's mezmerizing to think that the person you will love forever, is out there. Somewhere doing something somehow.

And maybe, if you're lucky, they're thinking of you.

***

I think fall is my favorite season. The leaves that change from yellow, to orange, to red and then to brown. The trees cascading the walkways, lining the streets. The smell of pumpkin, cinnamon and the burn of hot chocolate going down your throat.

I love oversized sweaters, leggings tucked into boots. I love the cozy feeling. I think New York is the prettiest place to live, especially in fall and winter. And that's precisely one of the reasons why I moved here.

I graduated 4 months ago and made New York the place I wanted to live. It took some convincing on my parents part but they only live a few states away and I promised I'd be ok.

My mind races as the taxi stalls in traffic. I keep my eyes locked on the people milling on the streets. I can't seem to focus. I'm nervous. I'm starting my job in one of New Yorks biggest high rises.

Red Publishing Inc.

Emilio Red is well known billionaire. He owns the worlds most respected publishing and editing businesses. It is a gorgeous building with glass windows framing the entire structure, all the way to the top floor. The landscaping itself is worth a million dollars. Some of the most famous books in modern history were published there.

And somehow my lucky ass got a job as Emilios assistant editor.

We're a block away. And a block away in New York mens five blocks away. The traffic is horrible. It's 7:53. I'm supposed to be there at 8:00 sharp. I can't be late. It wont make for a good impression with Emilio-Mr. Red.

My palms are sweaty and I continuosly wipe them on my skin tight marsala colored dress. I press the home button on my phone. 7:55 and we havent moved for 10 minutes. There's no way I'm making it on time.

I dig through my messenger bag until my fingers slide against my leather wallet. I pull it out and grab the cash I folded inside earlier.

"Here." I toss him the wad of money nd push my door open. I say a quick thank you to god that I'm not wearing heels.

And I run.

The wind is freezing. It's even more cold because I'm running. I must look stupid. My dress is slowly inching its way up higher on my thigh. I don't bother fixing it.

I'm almost thee.

I slow to a walk, run a hand through my curls and yank the door open. I look at the clock on the wall. 8:01. I press the elevator button and sigh.

Not too bad. I don't want Mr. Red to fire me on the first day. I close my eyes and lean back against the metal wall. My stomach is rotting with nerves. My lungs gasp for the air I stole from them when I ran.

All too soon I hear the elevator ding open. I walk out. Directly into Mr. Reds office. It's huge. Its surrounded by glass windows. Marble flooring, cherry wood desks and cabinents. It takes me a moment to find Emilio.

His back is facing me, arms linked behind his back.

"Um, Mr. Red?" I ask.

He turns around.

"You're late Miss. Walker."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, we did get rid of Breath. It wasn't getting any views or comments. We both think this is a solid story. This is a Harry Styles fanfic just so you know.
SO PEASE COMMENT
like honestly guys, please comment.
Thnk you.

xoxoxo all the love
Caydance and Catie