Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

Three

You know that feeling you get when you're slightly excited but you're mostly nervous and you have butterflies swarming your stomach and you almost feel giddy? Thats exactly how I feel right now. I'm standing outside of Red Publishing, waiting for a taxi. My heart is pounding quickly against my rib cage. My body is quivering with the chill of the night air.

Emilio Red. I work for Mr. Red. I don't think that thought entered my mind once my nude flats from Forever 21 stepped onto the white marble in Emilios office. I had been reading a story all day, crossing out details with a purple pen-probably the most high end pen in the world-and adding my own thoughts.

It was overwhelming. I shake my head and drag myself back into reality. I check the time. 9:47. My taxi should be here by now. I sigh, the puff of air turning into white mist, fanning out over my face. It's cold.

It's almost too cold for September. I pull my leather jacket tighter against my body. My bare legs brim with goosebumps, echoing out over my flesh. I yawn. I shift my weight to one foot. I curse myself for wearing a dress that should probably be worn only in summer.

I check my phone for the time. 9:50. I groan.

"Miss. Walker?" I hear my last name, but I don't recognize the voice. I turn around. Emilios sun stares at me with an intense gaze.

"Um, yes." I say. Mr. Red's son walks over to me, and that's when I can take in all his features. He's stunningly beautiful. He has a black lip ring looped through his lip and a shiny stud in his left eyebrow.

"Didn't you get off work an hour ago?" He asks. He has a dark aura about him. I nod.

"Why are you still standing here?" I detect a soft british accent hiding in the udertones of his voice.

"My taxi is late." I say. I hear the mocking snicker from earlier beat against my eardrums.

"Do you need a ride?" He shoves his hands in his pockets. I blink. My heart is running laps through my body. Hes gorgeous and he's talking to me.

"No." I blurt. I don't even know his name. His eyes scan my body, almost the exact way his father did. I notice his eyes. A shade of green that doesn't have a name. An emerald green that has a touch of jade. Theyre impeccably green.

"Ok, Murphy." He uses my first name and I step back.

"How do you know my name?" I ask.

"It's on your door." He growls and I don't know why he suddenly grew angry with me. But I dont care and I watch him wak away.

I hear the crunch of gravel underneath the weight of rubber. I turn around, my taxi finally here. I climb in, give the drive my address and lean back aginst the seat, letting the warm air spread through my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
ENJOY! Recommend! Comment! Subscribe!

xoxoxox all the love
Caydance and Catie