Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

Four

It's raining. I don't think I've ever seen it rain this hard. It's like a grey sheet, blocking my view. I wish I could look out the window of my office and actually see the spread of New York. I want to see New York. But it's raining like the clouds have never let a drop of water fall from their grasp. I can't seem to focus on the story I'm supposed to be editing.

I want to watch the rain.

I hear a knock on my door and I jump a little, my skin pricking with goosebumps. I look up. Mr. Red leans forward, his hnd still on the doorknob, his body hiding behind the wood.

"I'm going for lunch. My son is picking something up so he might stop by." And before I can answer, the door is closed with a rough click. I glance back down at the story. It's a boring story with a plotline I've read a million times. I don't thibk Red should publish it.

I stand up, grabbing the door handle and gently pulling it open. my feet make no noise as I walk sofly across the marble floors. It's strange, being somewhere thats so epensive, even the paper clips are expensive. I want to touch all of it, to feel the elegance under my fingertips.

I walk over to the bookshelf, my eyes scanning the labels rapidly as my body stands still. Their old books, classics that no one reads anymore. I hook my finger around the binding of the largest book, tugging it out with gentle force.

Pride and Prejudice

I remember having to read this in highschool. I press my thumb on the cover, flipping the leather bound book over. It's slightly dusty. I brush it off.

"What are you doing?" I hear a booming voce echo through the empty room and I feel my heart drop. I turn around. Emilios son walks towards me with a swift gait.

"Nothing." I say. He snorts. I try to find the familiarity between him and Mr. Red but I cant. The contours of his face are much more sharper then Mr. Reds are.

"Why do you hve that book?" He's right infront of me now and I can smell the hint of cologne hiding behind the scent of rain.

"I was browsing" I snap, fitting my attitude to his. He glares at me.

"Whatever." He mutters,rolling his eyes, the dark green catching the light. He turns, walking towards Emilios desk.

"I never got your name." I say. He pauses for a second and I see his muscles twitch.

"You don't want to know me." He's facing me again. He runs a hand through his curls, eyes closing quickly.

"I'm not trying to get to know you. I just want your name." He groans nd grabs something of Emilios desk. He starts walking back towards the door, his jaw held in a tight lock. I don't think he's gonna answer me.

"Harry." He says softly,his voice raspy and strained.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comment!!
Enjoy! Recommend! Subscribe! Comment!

xoxoxo all the love
Caydance and Catie