Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

Five

I don't remember when Emilio came back. But he's standing in front of my desk, flipping through my edits on the story. I can't resd the expression on his face, it's placid. I twist my fingers together.

"So you don't think I should publish this?" He looks up from the stack of paper and raises his eyebrows. I lift my shoulder in a shruf.

"I mean, it's a typical plotline, no one will want to read it. Or if they do, they wont be impressed." I say quickly. mr. Red nods, drops the papers on my desk and takes a step back.

"Well find away to mak it interesting." Emilio grins with a false glint in his eyes. I clench my jaw.

"I think you and I should go ove some rules and policies of Red Publishing. Meet me in my offce." Mr. Red stares at me for a few second before I nod. He turns away, not bothering toclse the door, assuming that I'll follow him to his office, adjacent to mine.

I close my eyes for a moment then stand up with a sigh. I walk around the edge of my dek and close my door behind me. It's silent as I walk up to Emilio. He watches me intently an my face burns with embarrassment. I pull out the chair in front of his cherry wood desk and sit down, sinking into the leather.

"So, Miss. Walker, I have just a few things to run over with you. The first would be the way you should dress. We are a very highly respected business and I don't want tramps wlking aroun my building.

"Business attire is the choice uniform, nothing too short or too revealing. That's not professional, wouldn't you agree Miss. Walker?" I nod quickly. I know hes directly tlking to me, my outfit yesterday wasn't appropriate.

"Yes, Mr. Red." I say.

"Second, make sure you're here on time and getting your work done. You aremy assistant editor, you've got a big job." I nod again.

"Lastly, this is the most strict rule, it cannot be broken. No dating or talking to my son, Harry. He is dangerous and someone I dont want you-or any girl-facilitating themselves with. Hes hurt too many people." My heart races a litter faster then before and I feel a twinge of nausea in my stomach.

"Um, ok?" I say because I'm stunned and I have nothing else to say.

"You're dismissed." I push myself and wlk back to my office, grabbing my things. I press the down button on the elevator and I feel Emilios eyes on me. The dings open and I walk inside.

I lean back against the metal wall.

I'm so tired.

My phone rings and I feel reluctant to answer it, but I do.

"Hello?" I ask, walking out of the building.

"Hey Murph." I hear my best friend on the other sid of the line and I can't help but smile.

"Hey Carter." I wave my hand, hailing a taxi.

"How's work?"

"It's ok, kind hectic." I climb into the nearest taxi and mutter my address.

"I bet babe. We miss you." Carters voice is soft.

"I miss you guys too." I tell him, watching out the window

"Do you have friends?" Carter asks me. I laugh.

"My neighbor invited me to a party tonight. She's nice I guess but I don't know if I wanna go." I say.

"You should go. I'll always be better then her. Don't do something crazy. Keep your virginity." Carter says. I laugh softly.

"I'll be fine."

"Ok good. Gotta go. Love you bitch." An his line is dead. I feel a asteady beat of emptiness and I close my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!!(:
Big big plans for this book!
I'll be updating deire soon so check that out!

xoxoxo all the love
Caydance and Catie