Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

Nine

I decide I hate Harry in the five seconds I have before Mr. Red speaks again. I make sure Harry sees my glare. And I dont even know what he has against me, hes just a dick. Harry runs a hnd through his hair and sighs.

"Can we hurry up? I have to be somewhere." He growls. Emilios expression stays poker. I chew on my lip in irritation.

"I think parties can be fun. But not when you work here. They distract from the official, put together aura of this business. I will not allow people who work for me to party. Are we clear?" Mr. Red stares at me and I want to tell him that he doesn't contol my life and that I can do what I want.

But I need this job.

So I nod.

Emilio dismisses me and I watch Harry take my seat, leaning forward so he can talk to his father, his voice low but I can detect the anger in his tone. He's always angry, I've noticed. I hear muffles voice through the door and I can make out the irritation surfacing behind their voices.

I wish I knew people here. New York would be a lot more fun if I had friends to share moments with. I like Steph, but her choice of acquaintances wouldnt be my first pick. My eyes are locked on the bustling streets of Manhattan and I forget what Mr. Red asked me to do.

The door opens and I groan before I look away from my view.

"What do you want, Harry?" I ask because I don't have time for his bullshit. His eyes are dark-but when are they not- and his presence brings a darknes I don't want to be in.

"I have to collect the fucking book because you didn't bring it out." He huffs angrily. I grab the stack of paper and hold it out to him. He snatches it out of my fingers and shoot me a glare.

"Why do you hate me?"I ask. Harry scoffs.

"I hate every one." He says in a calm tone that I think sends chills down my spine. I frown.

"Well you dont know me so you have no reason to hate me." I say. Harry rolls his eyes.

"You keep saying that "you don't know me" shit. It's so fucking annoying. I dont know you and I dont care to know you."

"I thought you came in here to get the story." I snap. I don't know whats making me so defensive about him.

"I did but then you asked me that dumbass question." Harry sneers. I clench my jaw. I want to say more. But I keep my mouth shut and he leaves. I sigh, letting out a breath I didnt know I was holding.

But then my door bursts open and Mr. Red walks in.

"Miss. Walker, why were you talking to my son?" His eyes are focused on me and I shudder.

What the hell is wrong with this family?

"It wont happen again." I say with confidence. Because it wont. I wont talk to Harry again.

I wont.

***

Steph sits on the bar stool behind the counter in my kitchen. Her hair is pulled into neat braid and I can tell its been re-dyed. The brown roots are gone snd the purple is more of a lilac color now.

"So, Niall and are dating officially." Steph grins, using her black painted finger nails as a way to stir the water in her cup. I raise my eyebrows. I remember her vaguely telling me how Niall liked her.

"That's great." I say.

"You need to find a man so we can have double dates." Steph winks at me and I laugh.

"I'm not interested in anyone." I say with a soft shrug.

"Louis! He's sweet." Steph insists. I roll my eyes an turn to the fridge, grabbing a cold water bottle.

"I'll be ok." I say with a mile. Steph shakes her head and hops off the stool.

"Whatever. I gotta go. Bye baby." Steph hugs me quickly and walks out the front door.

I sit down on the couch, curling my legs underneath me. I look down at my phone, scrolling through my text messages. I hear a knock on the door and I get up.

"Hello?" I ask, pulling the door open. I blink a few time before I realize that Harry is standing outside my door.

"I'm coming in." He pushes past me and walks inside.

"Harry! You can't just walk in here uninvited." I cross my arms over my chest.

"How did you get my address?" I ask. Harry looks around my small home,but his eyes snap over to me.

"Your fucking neighbor happens to be one of my friends." He says, his voice angry and tense.

"I didn't know you had friends." I scoff. Harry glares at me,then shrugs it off.

"We all know you dont have any friends either." He barks at me and I flinch.

"I just moved here not even a month ago! So just leave me alone!"I yell, my hands balled into tight fists.

"Just don't come back to the frat house." Harry orders.

"I'll go back if I want!" But I don't want to. Harry's just pushing every nerve in my body.

"I'm warning you, Murph, don't come back."And hes gone, the door slamming shut, a picture frame shuttering on the wall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!!!!!!!
Love you guys.

xoxoxo all the love
Caydance and Catie