Fashion Statements Are Just Advertised Addictions

Chapter Nine

Kayden smiled at me and kissed my lips again, this time pushing me backwards. Not expecting the act of dominance I fell backwards onto the cot as he forced his tongue into my mouth. My eyes widened and I wrapped my arms around his neck while his rested on my chest. He pulled away for a moment and smiled at me. I smiled back, still a little surprised at him. He lay next to me, grabbing my arms and one by one wrapping them around his small waist. He closed the few inches that were between us, laying his head against my chest. I smiled at the raven-haired beauty and kissed his hair, holding him as close as physics would let us get.

"Tre?"

"Yes, Kayden?"

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"When you said that you loved me."

"Yes, I meant it, Kayden. I love you."

I felt him smile into my chest, "I think I love you too."

It hurt a little that he wasn't completely sure, but I understood. I had broken his heart within the first two days we developed any sort of relationship, so it made sense for him not to be positive.

We heard the clinking of keys and the voice of one of the less-friendly nurses, "Kayden, I'm coming in. Don't--what the hell are you doing here?"

The nurse glared at me, but Kayden answered, "I asked Marie to let him in."

"And why would you do that?"

"Because he loves me," Kayden said, his eyes sparkling. She narrowed her eyes and shook her head.

"You get your heart broken again, don't expect me to clean up all that blood again. God knows what diseases . . ." Her voice trailed off as she left the room.

Kayden looked up at me with his large green eyes and smiled, "I don't think I need to be here anymore."

Epilogue

It had been three years since Kayden was stuck in El Montgomery. We moved back into the apartment Derek had found us, and Derek stayed very close to us, no matter how much it hurt him.

I found out Kayden had a brother named Zack that Derek took a quick liking to. Last I heard, they were going on their fourth date, and both of them seemed pretty satisfied with each other.

Derek got out of the drug dealing business. He's currently going to law school to become a prosecuting attorney.

I quit working at the agency as a model. I opened a small business selling some of my own homemade designs. I did pretty well. I didn't put too much into the shop, and I was getting more back than I'd expected.

Kayden worked at a publisher's office as an editor. Come to find out, he's a fucking genius. I've never met anyone as smart as he is.

"Kayden, babe?"

My green-eyed lover looked up at me from the dishes he was washing, smile on his face.

"Happy anniversary," I said, walking in and kissing his lips. He smiled into it and wrapped his cut-free arms around my neck.

"Mmm. You know what would be an amazing anniversary present?" he mumbled against my lips.

"I think I may."

"Mhm. Let's take a shower."

I followed him to the shower where our love was expressed in unmentionable ways. Like every time we did this, I was reminded how I fell in love with him, and reminded of the one day I wished I was the stereotype.

Kayden taught me, stereotypes are never the best way to be, because I would never live another day without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
End. Sorry it was short. I'll be coming out with another story soon. So watch out for that, my lovelies.