Status: What gets updated each week is up to you all! so comment, subscribe, or recommend to get an update for this story.

When You Wish Upon a Star

In 2013 Sci-Con, a large company focused on creating the best and most modern science, created the wish giver. A satellite in the sky, that actually recieves the wishes you throw up at the sky when you see a shooting star. The rules where simple: You couldn't wish to harm anyone else in any way, or misfortune on anyone, and you couldn't ask for material objects (like money, or cars, or a new house). but you could wish for confidence, or happiness, or something else to help you get to where you wanted, and the wish giver would give it to you.

There was a twist that no one knew about, however.

The machine didn't, couldn't, run on a computer software. At first- in 2013- there was only 100 of us. I was the only one awake, because I had to monitor the wishes, sort them out. I'm still the only one awake. And awake is an awful term to use. I'm aware is more like it. I'm laying in something cold, with wires poking out of me in every direction. the rest of us, more than 10,000 now, have no life. just shells to conduct what needs to be filtered back at me. I do it at lightening speed now, still all alone up in a shuttle going on almost 100 years.

or so I thought.