Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 102- First Night Away From Him Ever

"Mendes has got good taste" Luke said as he came out of Molly's new bedroom. "I guess" she shrugged her eyes wandering around her new living room. "Hey" Luke said wrapping his arms around her. "I'm fine. It's just..Well it's been a long time since I lived on my own" she said. "You could always stay at my place" he smiled. "A little too soon Mister" she said. "I should just be glad that you are staying" he said.

"I'm sorry. My mind is all over the place. I would have come see you" she said. "None of that matters now. Come on let's get you finished unpacked" he said. "It's fine. I'll do it later" she said. "Having your own place will be great Molly" he said. "I hate that Rodrigo got so upset for no reason. Now that I'm not leaving leaving" she sighed. "He'll be fine. You can go see him tomorrow" he said. "I think I'll give that house a miss for a while" she said.

"What happened after you left mine?" he asked. "Honestly something that was brewing for a while. It doesn't matter. I'm here now" she said as his phone began to ring. "Answer it" she said and he placed a kiss on her cheek before moving to answer the phone. Jorge had found a lovely two bedroom apartment Molly thought. She had everything she needed. Almost everything she thought sadly. "Molly" Luke said and she looked at him. "Sorry. Did you say something?" she asked. "My article got lost. I need to go home, get my laptop and head to the office" he said. "Oh then go" she said. "But I can't leave you now" he said.

"Luke I'm fine. I'm just going to be unpacking my clothes" she said. "Ok if it's not too late I'll come back. Ok?" he asked. "Sounds good. Now go before you miss the deadline" she said as he kissed her goodbye. On the sound of her new front door closing Molly collapsed onto the couch. She looked around the emptyish room. She could purchase some nice new furnishings she guessed but there wasn't any real point she thought. She looked at her watch and he hands shook as she noticed the time.

She would have normally been putting Junior to bed by now she thought. She stood and went to her new bedroom. She found the suitcase that she had carried up and opened it. Lifting the pair of jeans out she found what she had gone in search of. She took a seat on the uncovered bed and held the white blanket to her nose. And the tears began to fall.

The door bell rang and she wiped her face with the back of hand. Who could that be? she thought as she slowly stood from the bed and walked towards the door. The bell went again and Molly pulled the door open. "What are you doing here?" she asked in surprise.

"Can you take him upstairs?" Irina asked Olga as Junior continued to cry as everyone ate their dinner. "Ya" Olga replied before taking Junior from Cristiano's arms before he could protest. "Maybe now we can have an enjoyable meal" Irina said. "He's upset" Katia said. "I don't know why. He's gets everyone's attention without doing much" Irina said. "He's probably missing Molly" Nuno said as Cristiano moved his fork around his plate.

Dolores had been so happy that Molly was at least staying in Madrid that she had insisted on making Jorge anything that he wanted for stalling her. Everyone had been quite around the table expect Junior. "Babe let's go out" Irina said. Katia threw a napkin at her brother and he looked across the table. "Your girlfriend is talking to you" she said. "Huh" he said looking at Irina. "I said let's go out" Irina said. "I want to put Junior to bed" he replied. "Olga can do it. It's what she is here for. Maybe we can get a couple of days away" she said. "He has football" Jorge said. "Not all the time" Irina said to Jorge.

Cristiano stood from the table. "Where are you going?" Irina asked. "For a walk" he replied before leaving the room and leaving those at the table in confusion. He rang the bell and waited. And waited. And waited. "Come on" he said. "Hey" Pepe said in surprise opening his front door. "Is Ana here?" Cristiano asked stepping through the door. "In the living room" Pepe replied. "Hey wait" he said pulling Cristiano back.

"She told me what happened. Molly really has moved out?" he asked. "Yes" Cristiano said. "And there's a new nanny?" he asked. "Yes" Cristiano replied. "What happened? Ana said that Molly was even talking about leaving Madrid. What was all the rush?" Pepe asked. "Well she's not leaving. Not yet anyway. Can you get Ana please?" Cristiano asked. "Please tell me the two of you didn't get into another fight" Pepe said. "Just get Ana" Cristiano snapped. "Hun who was at the- !Ana trailed off as she came out of the living room and Cristiano came into her sight.

"Cristiano is here" Pepe said. "I can see that. Irina drive you away like she did with Molly?" Ana asked. "She didn't do that" Cristiano said. "No that was someone else entirely" Ana snapped. "Ok what am I missing?" Pepe asked as he noticed the daggers his girlfriend was giving his friend. "We need to start thinking about who we let into our house" Ana replied. "Can I speak to you in private please?" Cristiano asked. "Well I want to talk to Molly but since I can't go across the street and she's too busy unpacking her new place with the help of her lovely boyfriend, that can't happen" Ana snapped.

"Ana just give him five minutes" Pepe said. "Fine" she groaned. "I'll be in the kitchen" Pepe said tapping Cristiano's shoulder in support. "In here" Ana said and he followed her into the dining room. "And here we are once again" Ana said as she closed the door behind them.

"Have you spoken to her?" Cristiano asked. "I presume you are referring to Molly" she replied. "Have you? She sent one text to Jorge saying the place was lovely and she was already unpacking" he said. "Jorge told you that?" Ana asked. "I overheard him telling MaƩ" he sighed. "No I haven't heard for her and I doubt she would answer any calls coming from you if you even bothered to try" Ana snapped. "Go see her" he said. "I will tomorrow. She wants some space" Ana said. "Now" Cristinao said. "Tonight?" Ana asked. "Please go see her" he begged.

"She has Luke. I know it can't be easy for her. Being forced away from her son but" Ana said. "She's never being away from him" Cristiano butted in. "Excuse me?" Ana asked. He sighed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Molly hasn't spent the night away from Junior since he was born" he said. "But that can't be" Ana said. "She's never been gone the entire night. She's always been in the same building as him" he sighed.

"Oh" Ana said. "So please can you go see her?" he asked. "You don't think she would do...." Ana trailed off. Cristiano didn't know how to reply. Normally he would say no straight away, but that was before last night. Before he said those words to her. "Can you just go check that she's alright?" he asked. "She wouldn't need any checking if you" Ana snapped pointing her finger at him.

"Oh what's the point. Noting I say is going to sort this out. None of this makes sense. I told this would happen. I asked you right in this room when would the time come for Molly to leave. I told you that she would get hurt" Ana said. "Just go see her" he said. "Of course I will" she said as he moved past her to the door. "This isn't the end of it Cristiano" Ana said and he paused. "This will end in tears if you don't fix it. You can't actually think it's best for Junior for Molly to through with your stupid original plan?" she asked. "Just go see her" he said opening the door and leaving.

"Care to explain what all that was about?" Pepe asked when Ana exited the room. "Part of me thinks it would be best for Molly to get as far away from him as possible" she snapped. "And the other?" he asked. "Is even more complicated" she sighed. "So they did get into another fight?" Pepe asked. "She could hardly just let him away with Irina bringing in the new nanny like that" Ana said. "He's an idiot Ana but" Pepe said. "No buts Pepe. He is one. Look I'll be back as soon as I can" she said moving to grab her coat. "Please tell me you aren't going after him to fight Irina" he said.

"As tempting as that sounds no i'm not. I'm going to see Molly" she said. "You can see her tomorrow" he said. "I want to make sure she's ok" she said. "She just moved house Ana. That's all" Pepe said and she sighed. "One of these days you or Cris are going to tell me what is going on" he said. "You might not want to know" she said kissing his cheek before grabbing her car keys.

"Pepe was annoying me" Ana replied to Molly as she stood back to allow her friend enter her new apartment. "Nice place. Where is Luke?" Ana asked as she moved to sit on the black couch. "Gone to the office. There was some problem" Molly said. "Are you ok?" Ana asked. "Fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Molly asked taking a seat next to her. Ana really wanted to talk properly to Molly. Help her with her feelings about all of this. But Ana knew she couldn't tell Molly that she knew the truth. Molly would freak out if she knew. How could anyone think this was best for Junior? To be apart from his mother Ana thought. "I was just going to make my bed" Molly said. "Let me help" Ana smiled.

"So how is the new place so far?" Ana asked as she unfolded the sheets that were laid out on the bed as Molly placed the white blanket she had in her hand into a nearby dresser. "Ya it's lovely" Molly said. "It must be nice to have some space. You went from living on your own to staying at Cristiano's house for so long" Ana said. "Ya it is" Molly half smiled moving back to the bed. Ana could clearly see that the young brunette had being crying. "Molly" Ana said. "I'm just tired after all the packing and then unpacking Ana" Molly sighed. "Want me to order some takeout?" Ana asked. "No I'm not that hungry. I picked up a few bits on my way here earlier. I'll make something later" Molly said. "You know that I'm really happy that you are staying" Ana said to her. "Good" Molly sighed. "Everyone is. Just not everyone might show it enough" Ana said. "Can you see the pillow case?" Molly asked not wanting to discuss the fact that her plans had changed so much in a twenty four hour period.

The big bright letters shone from the clock beside him. 04.00 it read. Cristiano had seen a different time each hour during the night every time he glanced at the clock. Irina slept soundly beside him. Junior had eventually falling asleep after crying himself to sleep. Cristiano had tried to settle him but failed and then Olga told him to leave his son and that she would deal with him. Tough love apparently is best or so Irina had told him.

It was no use he thought carefully pulling the covers off him and grabbed a sweatshirt from the floor before quietly stepping out of the room. He walked to Junior's room but then remembered that Olga was sleeping in there too. He then moved a couple of steps and stopped outside the half opened door. He pushed the door in and flicked the light on to see the perfectly clean and neat empty room that was once inhabited by Molly. He shook his head and shut the light off before heading downstairs.

Molly took a seat on her new couch and picked up the remote to her new TV. Jorge had thought of everything she thought. A working TV, a working kitchen, furniture everything she thought. It was late or early depending on someone's opinion. Luke had arrived back with a pizza which she hardly ate and he had pulled her into a snuggle on the couch rambling about things she could do to the apartment. Molly had listened but she couldn't make plans.

Plan she heated that word she thought as she flicked the TV on and quickly turning the sound down as not to wake Luke. Her first night in the apartment was also the first time she had slept in the same bed as Luke. He had insisted on staying since it was her first night and Molly couldn't say no.

She brought the spoon of coco pops to her mouth as an episode of The Big Bang Theory appeared on the screen. Fifteen minutes away from where Molly sat, Cristiano too sat on his couch with a bowl of coco pops in his hand with the same show on his TV. He looked at the empty spot next to him and sighed. He twirled his phone in his hand. What would he even say to her he thought. It was part of the original plan.

Molly wiped a tear from her eye as she tried to concentrate on the TV but there was no point. Her mind was else where. Her phoned beeped beside her. She slowly reached for it. It wasn't a text message rather a beep indicating she had an email. Probably something for Jorge she thought deciding to ignore it. She took another mouthful of the cereal before glancing back to the phone. Work was better than thinking about other things she thought clicking into her emails.

She saw the name in her inbox and closed her eyes. "Just ignore it" she mumbled to herself. She didn't need to hear anymore apologizes. But somehow she still clicked it open. Kermit the Frog jumped onto the screen with a sign in his hand which made Molly jump. "I'm sorry" the sign read.

"Molly" Luke mumbled sleepily as he entered the living room. "Please tell me you aren't working" he said. "I got hungry" she smiled at him. "Come back to bed" he said holding out his hand to her. She nodded and switched the TV off. Her phoned beeped three times and Luke raised an eyebrow at her. "Emails" she shrugged. "Anything important?" he asked.

"Maybe once but I'm tired of the same thing" she said hitting delete on the open and unopened emails from Cristiano.

She was tired of the apologises. She was tired of it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Molly finally cries but will she be ok? Cristiano sent Ana to check on her and then his message at the end. What is going through his mind? What is going through Molly's mind. Is she too calm?

Thanks to ak9_sh,realmadrid0bsessed and Lurossoni for their comments.