Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 105- Remember What Is Truly Best

"Olga does he feel a little warm to you?" Cristiano asked the nanny later that night as he attempted to put Junior down for the night. "Baby fine" Olga said. "He feels a bit warm to me" Cristiano said. "Cris let's go" Irina said appearing at the nursery door. "Come here I feel Junior's forehead. He feels warm" Cristiano said. "Baby fine" Olga said once more. "See she says he's fine. Now let's go. Ali is only in town for a couple of nights" Irina said tapping her foot. "Can you take him to the doctor please Olga?" Cristiano asked the woman. "Baby is fine" Olga replied. "Can you just take him though please?" he asked. "Da" she replied. "Good now let's go "Baby is fine" Olga replied. "Can you just take him though please?" he asked. "Da" she replied. "Good now let's go" Irina said. "Noite Junior" Cristiano kissing his son's head before placing him into his crib.

"Did you do anything interesting last night?" Pepe asked Cristiano the following morning as they walked out to the training pitch. "Went for dinner with Irina and her agent" Cristiano mumbled. "Looks like you had fun" Pepe smirked. "I wasn't in the mood to go out. And then I had to listen to Irina rant about why I even bothered to go if I wasn't going to act like I wanted to be there. She's the one who told me to go" Cristiano said. "Woman are so annoying at times" Pepe said.

"It depends on the annoyance. What did you get up to?" he asked. "Quite night in with my girl. She cooked my favourite meal and even let me pick a film to watch" Pepe said. "That sounds really nice" Cristiano said. "It would if she wasn't totally looking for something. The minute she let me choose the film and didn't complain about my choice I knew she wanted something" Pepe said.

"Hey I hear you're going on a double date today" Sergio grinned at Pepe once they reach the pitch. "Aww how cute" Iker smirked. "Shut up" Pepe said. "Hey at least you've got all morning to try and think of topics of conversation with Luke. Rather you than me" Sergio said. "He's not that bad" Xabi said. "Your having lunch with Luke and- Molly" Sergio finished Cristiano's sentence. "Ya. Ana thought it would be a nice idea" Pepe said rubbing the back of his neck. "Again rather you than me. Although he might actually like you so it might not be that bad" Sergio said.

"I think it was the fact that you arrived unannounced at Molly's last night and ruined his evening that he didn't like rather than you Sergio" Xabi said. "You came with me" Sergio said. "I didn't know we were going there" Xabi said. "Well it was fun. Even if Luke thought- you and Molly were children. You threw a cookie at her" Xabi said. "Why did you do that?" Iker asked. "You had to be there to understand why" Sergio said. "You can take Iker when she comes back" Xabi said.

"Comes back from where?" Cristiano asked. "She's going to England with Jorge" Sergio said. "And Luke's going too. He has some work thing" Xabi said. "Oh right" Cristiano said. "Let's start training" Iker said as he and the others ran off. "You ok?" Pepe asked Cristiano. "Why wouldn't I be" Cristiano grumbled knowing he knew nothing about what was going on with Molly.

"You know this lunch is the last thing I want to do right" Pepe said. "It makes no difference to me. I just wouldn't have thought a double date would be something Molly would agree to. Not to mind you" Cristiano said. "I don't think Molly knows that Luke and I are going" Pepe said. "Good luck with lunch Pepe. You're going to need it if Molly is getting tricked" Cristiano said.

"Will we go see where your cousins are Junior?" Cristiano smiled down at his as he laid on his back on his father's bed. Cristiano had gone straight to Junior when he arrived back from training earlier. Irina was at a spa for the day and he had told Olga to have a break which the nanny seemed happy about.

He had tried to forget what he had heard about Molly during the day but it was no use. Everyone said she was happy. Was she happy with Luke and working for Jorge? Or was she happy to be away from him he thought. And now she was going to England. He wondered if she was going to Manchester and if she would try and visit her parents? Would she take Luke to meet them? "Come on little man. Papa needs to stop thinking" Cristiano mumbled picking his son up.

"It was so stupid of me though" Cristiano heard Elma say as he came nearer the living room. "It's our brother who is the stupid one" he heard Katia say and he sighed. "I just didn't think" Elma said. "Didn't think about what?" he heard his mother ask and Cristiano kept out of view. "I went to see Molly this morning" Elma said. "Oh that's nice. You hadn't seen her since she left here" Dolores said. "Exactly. And it was really nice to see her. Except that I took Dinis with me" Elma said. "Oh" Dolores said.

"Like she hasn't seen Junior in over a week and I go and take someone who is going to remind her of him" Elma said. "Don't feel too bad Elma. She misses him anyway" Katia said. "She always changes the subject if I mention him. And I've only seen her twice myself since she left here. I wish she would come around here but this place is the last place she would want to be" Dolores said. "I see it in her eyes when Rodrigo mentions Junior. Her eyes look sad at the mention of his name. It must be killing her not being able to see him" Katia said and Cristiano looked at his son in his arms and sighed. "And you were right. She's trying to look happy for people" Elma said.

"She's not happy" Cristiano said stepping into the room. "How long have you been standing there?" Dolores asked. "Long enough" he muttered. "Maé just leave him" Elma said. "Is she really not happy?" Cristiano asked switching Junior to his other arm. "I think she is managing because she has no other choice" Katia said. "Of course she can't be truly happy. She went from been around the boy she gave birth to, to never seeing him. Oh maybe we shouldn't have convinced her to stay-

"No" Cristiano said quickly interrupting his mother. "Maybe we should have let her do what she wanted. It might be easier on her if we weren't always in touch with her" Dolores said. "We couldn't let that happen Maé. Isn't that right Cris?" Elma asked. "She made her own decision" he replied. "After you told her to leave" Dolores snapped. "Maé stop. There's no point" Katia said. "Everyone says she's happy" he said. "She's about as happy as you are Cris" Elma sighed. "The most important thing is to remember what is best for Junior" Katia said knowing that deep down her brother hated that Molly was gone as much as everyone else.

"Thanks for the lunch invite Ana" Luke said standing from the table. "It was nice to see you again Luke" Ana smiled. "You too. I better get back to the office. I'm expecting a call" Luke said. "Have a good afternoon" Pepe said taking a drink of his water. "You too. I'll see you later. I might even get off early" Luke said placing a kiss on Molly's cheek. "See you later" she smiled before Luke left the restaurant. "Should we split a desert Molly?" Ana asked.

"I don't know. You tell me. Since you're so good at choosing for me" Molly said. "Sorry?" Ana asked confused. "I think Molly is annoyed about you tricking her about lunch" Pepe said. "Spot on Pepe" Molly said. "What's the big deal? Luke is your boyfriend and Pepe is mine. It's nice for us to be friendly" Ana said. "I know it is. I just like to be informed of things Ana. You could have just asked me to get Luke to come. You didn't have to not to tell me that you invited him" Molly said. "I'm sorry. I didn't think. You've had enough people going behind your back lately" Ana said.

"Don't start" Pepe warned his girlfriend. "What? You can't expect me not to defend my friend after what Cristiano has done to her" Ana said. "Molly is happy and enjoying her new place. So leave it" Pepe said. "Hello" Molly said and they both looked at her. "Another thing I don't like is people talking about me when I'm in the same room not to mind the same table" Molly said. "Sorry. Everything that I say will be a Ronaldo free zone. It's better like that" Ana said. "Are you ordering a desert?" Pepe asked Ana. "Nah. I'll just pop to the bathroom and then we can head" Ana said standing from the table.

"She means well but sometimes.." Pepe groaned making Molly laugh. "She does mean well I know. It's just been an odd few weeks" Molly sighed. "Can I say something and you promise not to get mad at me?" Pepe asked. "I might regret this but go on" Molly said. "He's miserable" Pepe said. "Pepe" Molly warned. "He swears he didn't know about the nanny. And I know he should have stuck up for you, but he made a mistake Mols" Pepe said. "It wasn't just the nanny issue Pepe. Look it's between him and me" Molly said.

"He was angry Molly. That's the only reason he told you to leave" he said. "What the hell did I do that made him angry? And I'm discussing this anymore" Molly snapped. "I know he said things he should have. And I know it wasn't the first time he has done that. But Molly give him a chance to speak to you. And don't say he has your number cos we both know you wouldn't answer it if he did ring. Just talk to him when he thinks the time is right" he said. "When he thinks the time is right? See Pepe it's all about him as always" Molly said.

"He's listening to people for a change and giving you some space" Pepe said. "Well telling me to leave has given me plenty of space" Molly snapped. "Jezz between you with the leaving and him with the fact that you agreed about the nanny, you two are so alike at times" Pepe muttered. "I'm nothing like him" Molly snapped. "And Cris is nothing like the guy who he has being lately. Come on Mols you know that" Pepe said. "I'm sick and tired of his apologies Pepe. And....It's just complicated" Molly said trying not to think about Junior. "I just hate seeing him and you fighting and ruining your friendship" Pepe said.

"Well maybe a friendship that's all fighting isn't a real friendship" Molly said. "I paid the bill" Ana said when she came back to the table. "Thanks Ana" Molly said. "Want a lift back to yours?" Pepe asked. "No I'm good thanks. I have a few bits to do. I'll see you both soon" Molly said hugging Ana goodbye. "Maybe you could come by ours when you get back from England?" Pepe asked as she hugged him. "Maybe" Molly replied.

With a trip to London and Manchester with Jorge, Molly had a few things to do around the city before she eventually made her way back to her apartment. She was looking forward to sitting in on some of Jorge's meetings but was a bit nervous about going back to Manchester after so long. She hadn't heard from her parents in a while and was hoping nothing would cause her from not seeing them. Luke had suggested going to see them when they got to Manchester but Molly wasn't so sure.

She hadn't seen them in over a year. Longer even, she was starting to thinking that it was best if she went by herself to see them. She hadn't told Luke much about her family life. He phone beeped as she entered her apartment building. "Be at yours soon. Might even have a surprise xx" a text from Luke read. She still had a bit of work and to pack a bag. And had thought Luke might have things to do too.

Molly walked into her place and dropped her bags behind the couch before collapsing on the couch. She had been running on four hours sleep the past few nights and was starting to feel the effects. Her doorbell rang and she groaned at the thought of having to get up. She stood and slowly walked to the door. "Hey I wasn't expecting you so..." she stopped once the door was fully open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pepe seems to be playing the truce maker but will his efforts help? Will some eves dropping help Cristiano? What surprise is Molly in for from Luke?

Thanks to ak9_sh ,HawkGurl93 and Lurossoni for their comments.

Thanks to everyone who reads this story. I hope everyone is enjoying it. Remember to comment, recommend and subscribe. Thoughts and opinion are always welcome.