Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 108- They've Gone Where?

"Where have you been?" Irina said loudly as Cristiano walked into his living room. "I take baby" Olga said as she came towards Cristiano. "You missed your sister leaving" Dolores said turning a page in her book. "I said goodbye before I went out" Cristiano said as he watched Olga leave the room with his son. "Before you went where?" Irina asked. She had been annoyed that Cristiano hadn't been at the house when she got back.

"I went to see Molly" Cristiano said and Dolores flipped her head back to look at him. "You did?" she asked in surprise. "Yes" he said. "Why? She's not your nanny anymore. Why can't everyone just let her live her life?" Irina snapped. "She said she'll come by in the morning Maé" he said and watched as his mother smiled. "Oh that's wonderful" she smiled. "I'm going to clean up before dinner" Irina pouted as she stood from the couch and left the living room. Cristiano flopped on the couch where his mother sat.

"You took Junior with you" Dolores said. "Yes" he said. "You left ages ago" she mumbled turning another page on her book. "We talked" he mumbled. "About what?" she asked her eyes focused on her book. "What needed be said. I don't expect her to forgive me but she's going to try" he said. "And Junior?" Dolores asked. "I don't think I've ever seen him as happy. Either of them" he said and Dolores looked at her son. "She was so shocked to see me standing at her door. With Junior. She actually couldn't speak which is really unnerving by the way" he said. "Yes you have mentioned that before but what else happened?" she asked.

"Like I said we talked. Oh God Maé I really have said some awful things to her since I've met her" he said. "Well stop saying those things then. I mean when you next see her. If that..." she paused. "Why start following the plan now?" he mumbled standing. "What is that supposed to mean?" Dolores asked. "It means..I don't know take one day at the time" he shrugged. "Cris" she said.

"She said that I could call her Mols again but it doesn't feel right. I don't deserve to call her that. I don't even deserve for her to speak to me. Everything is such a mess. And I can't......Only for her being so shocked about seeing Junior I guess was the only reason she didn't scream at me" he said.

"So she won't be his nanny anymore but..." she said hoping for her son to say something a little more. "Maé I don't know ok. She saw him today and..." he took a breath. "She can see him again?" she asked. "If she wants to then I'm not going to stop her" he said turning to leave. "What about her leaving in January?" Dolores asked and he stopped walking. "January is a long time away" he mumbled before leaving his mother alone in the living room. Dolores placed the book in her lap as she watched her son exit the room. She smiled at the step he had taken. One step at the time is better than taking none at all she thought absolutely thrilled that Molly got to see Junior for the first time since she left.

"A certain Scot says hello" Cristiano read a text from Molly and smiled. "Tell him hi back" he replied. He had sent her a picture of Kermit sitting in one of the corners of Junior's crib last night. It had been the first time in over a week that he had communicated using his phone. She replied with a smiley face before sending a pic of Elmo sitting on her pillow. It was only small communication but still made Cristiano feel great. He had come back in from the training pitch to a text from his mother telling him that it had done the right thing. She then followed it with a picture of a smiling Molly and Junior earlier in the morning before Molly had left for Manchester.

"He's buying us lunch :)" Molly texted and he let out a laugh. "I hope he has all he's credit cards with the amount you eat wink" he replied. "Wow is that a smile on your face or am I imagining it?" he heard Pepe asked taking a seat next to Cristiano at the Airport lounge. The team were waiting to board the flight to Granada for their match tomorrow. "Shut up" Cristiano said rolling his eyes as he waited for Molly's response.

"So what or who has you smiling?" Pepe asked. "He doesn't believe I'm going to eat all of my order. Fergie is in for his first surprise of the weekend" she replied. "First?" he replied. "He's not getting the player he wants for the price he wants" she replied. "Jorge is a touch negotiator" he texted back. "And getting annoyed that I'm texting. Have a safe flight" she texted. "Have a nice lunch. And remember what I said about your parents" he replied. "Ya ya" she texted back. "MOLLY" he texted. "Don't yell and I'm ignoring you now" she replied and he shook his head.

"Reading something you don't like?" Pepe asked. "Just Molly being Molly" Cristiano said and looked up to see Pepe smiling at him. "What?" he asked. "You finally went to see her" he said. "Yes and we are. I don't know what we are but we are talking and that's a start" Cristiano said. "It's about time you started acting smart. You are miserable without her" Pepe said. "Maybe" Cristiano shrugged. "No maybe about it Cris. Come on it's time to board" Pepe said standing.

"Hey just remember something" Pepe said turning to face him. "And what is that?" Cristiano asked. "If you get angry or jealous" Pepe coughed and Cristiano raise an eyebrow "think before you speak. Because she and everyone else won't be as understanding" Pepe said before strolling off after the rest of the team.

"Molly I swear I will dump that phone into your water if you don't put it away" Jorge groaned. "Sorry sorry" she said placing it into her bag. "Women and their phones" Jorge smiled to Alex Ferguson across the table. "Hey I was actually passing on a message for Sire Alex here. And Cristiano wouldn't stop texting me back so blame him. And I was also checking your schedule for later" Molly smiled at Jorge. She hadn't expected to be part of Jorge's meetings but so far Molly was really enjoying herself. Luke had gone to see some friends and they were meeting back at the hotel later. He had being in a bit of a funny mood since he arrived back at Molly's and found Cristiano there. Molly reckoned that he was getting tired of footballers showing up. "Well it's nice to see that boy doing so well. And that you've found someone to keep an eye on you Jorge" Sir Alex joked. "Oh she's well able to keep an eye on us all. Very good at putting your former number seven back into his place" Jorge smiled at her. "It's not that hard" Molly shrugged. "It helps that he listens to her better than anyone else" Jorge said. "Ya right" Molly scoffed. "If you'll just excuse me for a moment" Sir Alex said standing from the table.

"So" Jorge said looking at Molly as he took a sip of his water. "Yes I'm talking to him. No I haven't forgotten what he said to me. And really it's between me and him. Jezz you lot weren't even there" Molly said. "But you nearly left Molly" he said. "Wasn't that the plan all along" she muttered and he groaned. "I've never hated a specific word as much as the word plan" he said. "Well like Cristiano says, since when do we follow the plan" she shrugged. "Molly" he said. "We have a truce Jorge can't you just leave it" she said. "I'm really happy that you and him have settled your differences" he said. "Differences ha ya right" she muttered. "You know what I mean. I'm glad cos now the pair of you will be well I don't know how to explain it. You both tend to be different when one of you isn't speaking to the other. Anyway I just want you to do what is best for you" he said. "One day at the time Jorge" she said picking her glass up as Sir Alex took his seat.

Molly laid on her hotel bed later than night as she waited for Luke to come back. She had a great day seeing Jorge work but now that the day was nearly over she was getting nervous about what was to come tomorrow. When she went to visit her parents. She had phoned her father's mobile but had got no reply so she was hoping he was off drinking. She was trying to work out what or how much of she would tell Luke about her parents when her phoned buzzed on the bedside table. She stretched her arm out to pick it up and frowned in confusion at the message. "Muppet's or sesame street" the text from Cristiano read. "??????" she replied.

"Which one would be best for Junior to watch with us?" he texted. "He can barely sit up by himself I hardly think he's ready to watch tv properly" she replied. "I was just wondering" he texted back and Molly sat up against the headboard of the bed. "Seasme street would be more educational I guess" she texted. "Ya I guess you're right" he replied. "I always am" she texted. "Sometimes. What you doing?" he texted. "All the time. Just waiting for Luke. You bored?" she texted. "Extremely. Waiting for a massage" he texted.

"Oh so you were bored and thought of texting me. Lovely" she texted. "I'm being sarcastic by the way" she sent immediately after. She tapped her phone to her chin as she waited for his reply. Minutes past and nothing came. "Guess he found someone to make his night less boring" she mumbled out loud. She just had her phone placed down on the bedside table when he buzzed again.

"Ya I got the sarcasm. And maybe I choose to text you over talking to others" he replied and she smiled. "I wasn't sure if you would have got the sarcasm. It's hard to get the tone in a text message. And I'd talked to me over Higuin any day" she sent back to him.

"I'd talk to you over anyone most days. So how was your day?" he texted. "Really really really good. I just hope tomorrow is the same" she typed out and hit send. "Can't wait to hear all about it on Monday. We are still on for Monday? Try not to worry about tomorrow. Maybe you should leave it for another day?" he sent minutes later and she frowned. "Monday yes. Why would I wait for another day?" she texted. Surely he knew how much she wanted to see her parents?

The hotel room opened and she looked up to see Luke coming through the door. "Hello" she smiled. "Hey" he replied. "I had the best day" she smiled. "That's nice" he said placing his laptop bag on the floor. "What's the matter?" she asked. "Nothing. I'm going for a shower. Do you want room service or to go out for dinner?" he asked as he moved towards the bathroom. "Whatever you want is fine with me. Are you sure everything is ok?" she asked as her phoned buzzed in her hand. "Who's that?" he asked.

"Cristiano" she said as she clicked open his message. "I just don't want them to upset you" it read. "You barely wanted his named mentioned up to a couple of days ago and now you're texting him like there's no problem" Luke snapped. "We talked yesterday" she said. "And that's it? You left his house in such a hurry and after what he did with you about Olga" he said. "It wasn't him and it's easier if we aren't fighting" she said. "Whatever" he said. "Luke" she said. "What?" he snapped. "I'm sorry. I'm just tired. It's been a long day" he said smiling at her. "I'm going to see my parents tomorrow. I was wondering if you would come with me" she asked. "Oh tomorrow" he frowned. "Ya remember we spoke a little about it" she said. "Ya I know it's just. I have to go to London tomorrow" he said.

"Oh" she sighed. "That's why my day has been so annoying. I'm sorry babe" he said. "It's ok I understand" she said. "We can go see them on Sunday together instead. You can spend some time on your own tomorrow" he said walking to the side of the bed. "Ya that's sound like a good idea" she smiled up to him. "If I'm going to get a better job, then I need to be making these contacts. Otherwise when we leave Madrid in January I'll have nothing to show for my time there" he said cupping her cheek. "No I get it. It's probably better if I go on my own anyway. I haven't seen them in a while" she said. "Exactly. So I'll go for a shower" he said placing a kiss on her cheek. "Want me to order you a burger?" she asked. "Yes please. Just what I need. A burger and a night in front of the telly with you" he said.

Molly opted out of attending United's match with Jorge and instead decided to go see her parents. That way they would have all day to talk. She knew she could never tell them what she had done for them, but she just hoped it wasn't all in vain. That the pain in her heart hadn't been for nothing. She pulled her grey coat tightly around her as she paid the taxi driver and looked at her old house. It felt like years since she had slept in there the night her father was beaten up by Tony's hench men. But he wasn't around anymore so there was no need to think about him she thought as she made her way towards the front door. If they weren't here then she would just check the pub or the bookies she thought.

She pressed the doorbell and waited. She turned to look at the neighborhood. Nothing had changed. She heard the sound of the door opening and turned back around. "Hey" she smiled but the smile soon turned into a frown. "Can I help you?" a young blonde lady asked. "Ya I'm looking for the owners of the house" Molly said. "That would be me" the lady said. "Excuse me?" Molly asked in shocked. "This is my house" the lady said. "No this is my parents house" Molly said. "Well we just brought this house a couple of months ago so I'm sorry" she said. "I...I.." Molly stuttered dumbfounded at what she was being told. "Maybe one of the neighbors can help you. If you'll excuse me I was on the phone" she said and Molly nodded a thanks as the lady closed the door.

They sold the house. They sold her childhood home and never told her. If they weren't living here then where were they? she thought. "Molly. Molly is that you?" she heard a voice call out and she looked up at the first floor of the house next door. "Mrs. Manning hi. Ya it's me Molly" Molly called out. "Oh it's so good to see you my dear" she called out and Molly smiled. Mrs. Manning had always been a sweet old lady when she was growing up. "You too. Mrs. Manning have you seen my parents?" Molly asked dumbfounded that she was been forced to even ask that question. "One moment dear and I'll be right down" the old later called out and Molly went around to her front door. She waited patiently for the door to open. "I'm sorry dear, I'm not as fast as I used to be" she smiled once she opened the door. She still moved pretty well for a 94 old though Molly thought. "Come in for a cup of tea" she said.

"Mrs. Manning my parents. Where have they gone?" Molly asked. "Oh they moved months ago dear. Have you not spoken to them?" she asked. "Moved where? When?" Molly asked. "At least after February and I don't know. I was out here in the front one day and I saw people coming and going from next door. I saw your father and asked him what was going on and he just told me that he was moving" she said. "That he was moving? What about my mother?" Molly asked. "I hadn't seen much of her before that. Both of them actually. But that isn't usually my dear" she said and Molly knew that the old lady knew how much time they both spent in the pub or bookies.

"So they just left?" Molly asked. "Yes. I'm sorry. I thought you would have known. I know I haven't seen you in a while but.." she paused. "I need to go" Molly said turning away. "Molly" Mrs. Manning called out. "Take care of yourself Mrs. Manning" Molly said before walking quickly away from the house and towards the main road.

Tears flew down her cheeks as the reality of what had just happened began to sink in. Her parents had left and hadn't even tried to tell her. Molly searched her bag for her phone and took into her hand. She fiddled with the buttons until the phone started to ring.

"They've gone" she cried when the call was answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cristiano doesn't feel like he should call her Mols. How will he try and rebuild their friendship? Luke is starting to be the only person who isn't happy about Molly and Cristiano talking. Why is that? And Molly's parents have moved without telling her. How will she react? Who is she phoning?

Thanks to ak9_sh for her comment.