Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 109- I Wish You Were Here

I used to think maybe you love me, now baby I'm sure And I just cant wait till the day, when you knock on my door Now every time I go for the mail box, gotta hold myself down 'cause I just cant wait till you write me, you're coming around

I'm walking on sunshine (whoa oh) I'm walking on sunshine (whoa oh) I'm walking on sunshine (whoa oh) And don't it feel good (HEY!) Alright now And don't it feel good (HEY!) Alright now All right now yeah! (HEY!)" erupted around the table and Pepe jumped in his seat next to Marcelo.

"What the hell is that?" Marcelo asked. "I have no idea" Pepe said as the music continued. He picked up the napkin and found the source of the music. "Ronnie's taste in music is getting wack" Marcelo said before shouting across the room to Cristiano who was talking to one of the Madrid coaching staff. "Since when are you walking on sunshine Ronnie" Marcelo joked and Cristiano looked up to find Marcelo holding his phone in the air. The footballer rushed to the Brazilian and grabbed the phone from his hand.

"Molly-They've gone" Cristiano and Molly both said at the same time and he could hear her sobbing on the other end of the phone. "Who's gone? Molly are you ok?" Cristiano asked as Sergio and Pepe stood around him. "They've gone. They just packed up and moved. And never told me. How could they do that to me?" she cried. "What's going on? Is Molly ok?" Sergio asked and Cristiano glared at him. "Molly just start from the beginning" Cristiano said as he went in search of a quite room to talk.

"I went to my house"...sob...."and some woman answered the door"...sob..."she told me that it was her house"...sob..."and then my old neighbour told me they had moved months ago. Months ago" she cried into the phone. "Oh Molly" Cristiano sighed. "How could they do that? After everything they have put me through. After what I have done for them" she cried. "Molly I'm sure- "Sure what Ronaldo. Sure that they are getting their lives sorted. No you and me both know that they are probably drinking and gambling away any money the got after selling my childhood home. After they moved without telling me" she cried.

"Where are you?" he asked. Molly looked around the familiar houses and wiped under her eyes. "On my was back to my hotel. Urgh I can't believe I actually thought that I'd get to see them. That maybe just this once things would go right and that maybe they had changed" she cried as raindrops began to fall. "Molly" Cristiano said. "How could they? How could they not tell me?" she asked as she walked down the path. "I don't know Molly. I really don't know. I'm so sorry" he said. "I guess I really don't matter" she cried. "Hey don't say that. That's not true. Put Luke on the phone" he said. Molly was clearly struggling with her parents surprise that Cristiano needed someone to look after. And Luke would have to do. It was better than her being on her own he thought. "He's not here" she mumbled.

"What? Molly did you go by yourself? I told you not to go on your own" he said. "He had to go to London. He thought it was best if I spent time alone with them" she cried. "Fucking dick" Cristiano cursed. "He wasn't to know that they would do this. How could they?" she cried. "Molly listen to me" he said. "Molly. Molly are you there?" he yelled into the phone. "Stop shouting" she said and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Listen to me ok. Your parents care about you. And I'm sure this is just something that has been mishandled ok" he said. "Bullshit" she snapped. "Ok fine believe that. But your not on your own ok" he said. "Cristiano" she cried.

"Hey don't cry. Please don't cry Molly. I know it's a huge shock. I don't know why they did it but don't cry Molly" he said. "I feel so stupid. I actually thought it would be ok. That after all this time that maybe they would have got help" she cried. "Oh Molly" he said hating hearing her cry. "I thought with no Tony in the picture that maybe they could try. You know try and get some help. But I guess that was me being stupid. I'm just a stupid little girl" she said. "You're not stupid Molly. They are the stupid ones for not seeing how amazing their daughter is. For not seeing how much hurt and pain they have caused you. You are not stupid. It's their loss ok. If they want to act stupid then fine. You've managed perfectly well without them these past few months" he said. "Cristiano" she said.

"I wish was there with you" he sighed. "Me too" she said. "What?" he asked. "I wish you were here" she said. "Really?" he asked. "Well you would say something that would annoy me and I really feel like shouting at someone right now" she said and he let out a laugh. "I can be there in under three hours" he said. "Funny" she said. "Who said I was joking?" he asked. "What?" she asked.

"If you want someone to shout at, I can be there in under three hours" he said. "But you have a match" she said. "So" he said. "So you would really skip out on a match to flying over to England to have me yell at you?" she asked. "If you want me to. Just say the words" he said. "Molly are you still there?" he asked when no sound came from the other end of the phone. "Ya uhmm ya I am" she said. "I could really do with a hug right now" she said. "I do give great hugs" he said. "Just like Junior" she mumbled.

"Molly" he said. "I'll be fine Cristiano. Really I'm starting to calm down now. It was just a shock" she said. "You shouldn't be on your own" he said. "Luke will be back later. And Jorge is only at a match. And you're only a call away" she said. "Molly" he said. "I'm just going to back to my hotel. Take a bath and order room service. And just forget this day happened ok. So you concentrate on your match and I'll be ok" she said. "It will be all ok Molly" he said. "You sound so convincing that I could even believe that. But you and I both know that aint going to happen Cristiano" Molly said. "For once I could be right Molly" he sighed.

"Go get ready for your match. I shouldn't have called. I forgot it was game day" she said. "It doesn't matter. And I'm glad you called. Just tell me how you are feeling. Tell anyone. Don't block us out over this ok" he said. "Ok" she said. "Molly" he said. "I won't I promise. I just need time to think" she said. "Well instead of thinking about today, why don't you think of something we can do with Junior on Monday? You are still going to do something with us on Monday right?" he asked. "Yes. After today I think time with Junior is what I need" she said.

"Well I guess I could find something to do why you spend time with him" Cristiano sighed. Clearly she just wanted to be around Junior. "I thought we were all doing something?" she asked and he smiled. "If that's..ya of course. I was thinking the zoo" he said. "The Zoo" she smiled. "Well ya. I know he's a big young but it could be fun" he said. "That sounds like a great idea Cristiano" she said. "Great" he said. "Great" she said. "Molly" he said. "I should go. It's raining" she said. "Just be careful on your way back to the hotel ok. I'll ring you later" he said. "There's no need" she said. "Of course I have to ring you. How else will I be able to hear you saying how amazing I was on the pitch this evening" he said and a grin spread across his face when he heard her giggle. "I never said that I would be watching your match" she said. "But you will though" he said. "I'm sure I can find something better to watch" she said.

"One there is nothing better than watching me and two stop joking and watch the game" he said. "The bonus of away games is that I don't have to go watch Cristiano" she said. "But I like that you watch" he mumbled. "I might watch. I guess Sergio and Marcelo would only quiz me about it anyway" she said. "Molly" he said. "I'm fine Cristiano. Really I feel better now" she said. "I'm glad" he smiled.

"Thanks" she said. "For what?" he asked. "For listening to me" she said. "I might not do it often but when I do, then I do listen to you Molly. And I'm always here if you want to yell at someone to make you feel better" she said and he laughed. "Just as long as it won't lead to you and I having a real fight. Cos I meant what I said. I'm trying to be better to you" he said.

"I know. I know. Now go get in the zone or whatever you do before a game" she said. "Get into the zone" he scoffed. "Sorry I forgot who I was talking to. I meant go admire yourself in the mirror. Good luck" she said and hung up the call. Cristiano rolled her eyes and tapped the phoned to his mouth.

He knew she was putting on a brave face. Finding out her parents moved without telling her must be really hurting Molly he thought. He just hoped he was right about everything been ok. "Well?" Sergio asked rushing up to Cristiano as he entered the room where the team were again. "Well what?" he asked.

"Is Molly ok?" Marcelo asked. "She's..just something with her parents. She's fine" Cristiano replied. "You sounded worried though" Sergio said. "Molly is in England of course he sounded worried. But you heard the man she's fine. So let's all finish out lunch and then have a rest before the game this evening" Pepe said and the others went to take their seats.

"So is she really ok?" Pepe whispered to Cristiano as they took their seats. "She will be I hope. Her visit with her parents didn't go like she had hoped. And that dickhead Luke would rather go to London than go with her" Cristiano said. "I'm sure there's more to it but forget about Luke" Pepe said. "How can you forget about Mister amazing" Cristiano said. "Since Molly isn't here then it's my job" Pepe said. "You job what?" Cristiano asked and Pepe smacked the back of his head. "Hey" Cristiano groaned. "Stop acting like a child" Pepe said. "She's upset ok. And she has no one with her. I just hate hearing her like that" Cristiano said. "What happened with her parents? Ana said she told her that she hasn't spoken to them much since she moved to Spain" Pepe said. "It's not really my place to say Pepe" Cristiano said. "I understand. But she has us if she needs us Cris" Pepe said.

"You think you could text Ana to get her to check in on Molly in a bit please. Jorge is at the United match and well Molly has had a lot to deal with because of her parents" Cristiano said. "Sure I'll ask her. It's good to see you and Molly talking" Pepe said. "Part of me thinks she's forgiven me too easily" Cristiano said. "She probably has" Pepe said. "Oh thanks" Cristiano said. "I meant that from the way you were acting after that last fight it sounded like you really messed up. So ya it might appear that she's let you of the hook really quickly" Pepe said. "Appearances can be deceptive" Cristiano mumbled.

“What was with the ring tone though?” Pepe asked. “Huh?” Cristiano asked. “When your phone rang. The song. Sunshine or something” Pepe said. “Oh that” Cristiano said. “Yes that” Pepe said. “I thought it was on silent” Cristiano shrugged. “Ronnie will you stop ignoring my question” Pepe said. “I’m not. I found Molly dancing and singing around the kitchen months ago to that song. You should have seen her face when she spotted me. Anyway I just put it as her ring tone to annoy some time but I never got the chance” Cristiano said a small smile at the memory.

After the match Cristiano checked his phone. He had scored a goal in each half and wanted to know if Molly was feeling any better. "Nice goal. But my eyes won't stay open much longer so hope the rest of the match goes well" a text from Molly. He clicked open another. "I'm fine. I talked with Ana and Jorge. I'll see you on Monday" another text read and he smiled happy that she spoke to someone after the day she had. He headed to the showers and found another text waiting for him.

He stared at his phone with a confused look on his face. He had a message from Ana. The woman could barely be in the same room as him with glaring at him. Why was she sending him a text? "I think when she says she is fine that she means it. Just don't let anything get in the way of her being with Junior on Monday. The least you can do is let her spend time with him. He's the only blood she's got that appears to want and care about her" the text from Ana read. He quickly deleted the text and opened a blank message.

"Thanks for checking on her" he typed and hit send to Ana. "She's my friend. And someone needs to be there for her when her world falls apart. And it will. Secrets never stay secret" she replied and he sighed. "You ok?" Pepe asked taking a seat next to Cristiano. "Just tired. Come on let's get dressed and to the airport. I just want to sleep and the weekend be over" Cristiano said. "Jezz normally people don't like Monday coming around" Pepe joked. "I have a good feeling this Monday will be great" Cristiano smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
She phoned Cristiano and wished he was with her. And he said he would go to her. Would he have left his match to go to Molly? Is Molly truly ok?

Thanks to ak9_sh and HawkGurl93 for their comments.

Sorry for the delay. I had to rewrite what I had written so look forward to hearing what you think of this version. Thankfully it didn't get deleted this time. (I hate computers at times) Enjoy.