Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 37- She Hates Me

"Mana" Cristiano mumbled from the couch and Dolores screeched. "Sorry" he said as his mother tried to catch her breath. "What are you doing up this early?" Dolores asked. "Couldn't sleep" he shrugged. "Ronaldo" she said walking towards the couch. "I tried to fix things but I don't know if it can be fixed" he said as she sat beside him.

"What did you do now?" she asked and he sighed. "Ronaldo" she said urging him to talk. "I spoke to Molly" he said. "You spoke to her?" she asked. "Maé I've really messed up. I said things that I really shouldn't have the other day. I tried to apologise but-

She's sick and tired of listening to your apologies" Dolores said. "Maé I know that I've messed up ok. I know that it's all my fault that Molly is miserable. Everyone saw except me. All I have done is argue with her. Treated her like crap. I know that ok. I just want her to be Molly" Cristiano said.

"It's not just your reasonability to make sure Molly is feeling ok. It's all of ours. This situation isn't easy for either of you. Especially Molly when you think about what has happened to her since you've met her" Dolores said. "I'd rather not think about that" he said trying to push images of Molly alone with Dr. Frenz out of his mind.

"She spoke to you. That's a start" Dolores said. "I don't think so" he mumbled. "Well I feel better now she spoke to someone. Molly just needs time to get her head sorted. I'm sure she has a lot to think about" Dolores said. "I told her she wouldn't be missed if she disappeared Maé. Jezzz how could I have being so cruel?" he said.

"You've tried to fix things. That's a start" Dolores said standing. "She hates me" he whispered. "I'm sure she didn't mean everything she said to you. It was a fight Cristiano. People don't always mean what they say in fights" she said.

"When does Molly ever say something that she doesn't mean?" he sighed and Dolores looked at Marcosa. "Your silence says it all" Cristiano said standing.

Cristiano needed to sleep but there was no point when he had to go to training in another while. Plus he wasn't even sure if he would be able to sleep. He was more confused now after his talk with Molly than before. He hoped they could clear the air. He hoped....He hoped she wouldn't hate him.

He walked up the stairs slowly. He walked past his bedroom towards his son's room. He needed to start focusing on what was important. His son. He paused at the door. "You were a really hungry boy this morning. Weren't you?" he heard Molly say and he pushed the door open slightly.

"Waking me up early for a feed" he saw her grin at the baby in her arms. She yawned as she stood from the rocking chair. "But senior got me out of bed, so junior might has well" she said. "But it's only Senior who you're annoyed for waking you up" Cristiano said. "What is it with you and sneaking up on me?" she asked shaking her head.

"Sor...I didn't mean to" he corrected himself. "Mana" he said as Junior started to babble in her arms. "I can take him. You can go back to bed if you like" he said. "I'm up now. Think I'll just take a shower before breakfast. You can change his nappy and get him dressed for the day. His clothes are on the changing table" she said. "Thanks" Cristiano said as she handed him his son and left the nursery. Junior started to squirm in his arms and Cristiano sighed.

"Let's get you dressed" he smiled at his son. Junior squirmed and cried as Cristiano changed and dressed him. ""Please little man, I really could do with you liking me right now. Everyone else seems to not" Cristiano mumbled to his son. "Us boys have to stick together" he said picking his son up off the changing table.

"You just want anybody that's not me. Don't you?" Cristiano mumbled as Junior squirmed even more. "And it's all my fault. I promise it will be different" he said kissing his son's head. "I've made Molly miserable. You sick. My family think I'm horrible" Cristiano sighed as he son whimpered.

I've really messed up he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to CrazyPebbles21 and ak9_sh for their comments.