Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 4- Remember That

“Are you trying to wake the dead or just the house?” Ricky asked taking a seat at the kitchen table. Molly let out a shout and turned to face him. “Where did you come from?” she asked. “I was on the couch. No point in going to bed when I knew I’d be up again so soon. No hello” he smirked. He had thought of making a smart comment about where he came from ie. His parents but decided against it.

“Hello Ricky. Nice to see you. Did you have a nice holiday?” she asked. Ricky was always nice to Molly the couple of times they had met. “Ya it was fine” he shrugged. Molly picked up the pans she had dropped on the floor and placed them on the counter top. “Good” she said not wanting to know anymore details of his holiday. “Are you hungry?” she asked tieing her hair into a bun. “Sure” he replied. “Right” Molly said walking to the fridge. “What to make?” she said to herself. “Cristiano was really excited about seeing Junior” Ricky said. “Ya he was” Molly mumbled.

She knew he was coming back. Of course he was coming back. This was his family. He had a son for heaven sake. The son she had spent every possible hours with during the past few weeks. It won’t change a thing Cristiano been back. Will it?

“Crap” she cursed as the tub of butter fell to the ground. “Molly are you trying to break the kitchen?” she heard Dolores joke. “Sorry. I’m all fingers and thumbs this morning” she shrugged.
“It’s a lovely sight. Isn’t it?” Dolores said as she stood next to Molly as the both watched Cristiano walk into the room with his son in his arms.

“Aww back with Dada” Ricky said. “He could have been with his papa days ago if he had come straight home” Dolores said. “He’s aloud have a holiday. And we’ve managed ok. I’ll get breakfast started” Molly said and Dolores stared at her. “You go say hello to your son” Molly insisted.

Soon the whole house was awake and the table was filled with chatter as everyone ate. Rodrigo seemed pleased to have Cristiano and his dad around again. “What are you feeding him?” Zé asked Katia handing her back baby Dinis.

“Why?” she asked. “I swear he’s heavier than he was a few weeks ago” he said. “Maybe you’re just weaker” Katia said making the table laugh. “He’s right though. Dinis and Junior have gotten so big in such a short amount of time” Cris said as Junior squealed in his arms. “They’re meant to Ronaldo. They won’t be babies for long. That’s why you need to cherish these moments” Dolores said.

Won’t be a baby for long Molly thought.

She felt a tug at the end of her sweatshirt and she looked down. “Molly” Rodrigo wined. “Sorry cutie” she smiled. “Are you ok Molly? You’ve barley eaten” Dolores said. She suddenly didn’t feel hungry right now. “Can we go swimming?” Rodrigo asked Molly. “Relax Rodrigo we have all day. And I’m sure papa will go with you” Katia said. “After I get more sleep” Zé groaned and the little boy ran off.

“You even think about going back to bed and I’ll.. I’ll” she stuttered. “You’ll what?” Zé smirked. “She’ll put a dirty nappy in your bed” Molly said. “You wouldn’t dare” Zé said and Katia and Cristiano laughed. “It’s not like Katia will be sleeping in there” Molly saying gathering her plate and heading to the sink. Junior stared to cry and Cristiano tried and failed to comfort him. “She wouldn’t .

Would she?” Zé asked the table full of people. “I’ll take him” Molly said walking to stand beside Cristiano’s chair. The baby is his arms was now crying loudly. “He probably just wants to finish his feed. “Oh right” Cristiano said. “I won’t be long. And then you can spend time with him” she said taking the baby into her arms. “Ok” he replied as Molly stroked his son’s back and his cries started to fade.

“Thanks for breakfast Molly” Ricky said. “Your welcome. The rubber gloves are under the sink boys” she said as she walked away. “Ye aint on holidays anymore boys” Katia winked before following Molly out of the room. “I liked it better when she was out of the way in Lisbon” Zé groaned. “Shut it Zé” Cristiano snapped. “You saw her more in Lisbon you idiot” Ricky said.

It felt so strange talking to her this morning Cristiano thought as he made his way to the sink with his plate. It felt so strange. So normal he thought. “She’s just feeding him. It’s easier if she does it upstairs. No questions from Rodrigo then” Dolores said appearing at his side. “Huh. Oh ya. Well she knows what to do” he said. Molly has a better idea then he did anyway. Why does his own son hate been in his arms?

“She’s great with him” Dolores smiled. “She’s great with kids” he said. “Junior just has to get used to you again” she said and he shrugged. He knew that. He just wished his son wasn’t so cranky with him. “How was Mol… How have things been?” he asked correcting himself and his mother smiled. “Lovely and quiet. Although the press been here will change that” she said. “Damn idiots. They wouldn’t leave us alone in New York either” he said bitterly. “Jorge warned you it would be crazy for a while after you made the announcement” she said. “I don’t see why” he said.

“People are curious” she said. “Well curiosity killed the cat” he said and she laughed. “Molly said the same thing. Ye barely talk but still think the same” she mused and he rolled his eyes. “She looks good. I mean she looks like she’s used to coping with all her duties anyway” he said. “The night feeds can be a struggle sometimes for her. Junior’s not the only one who can be cranky at times” Dolores said. “Don’t let her hear you call her that” Cristiano said stifling a laugh. “I never said such a thing” she laughed. “But she’s been great. Molly and Katia both have the boys adjusting well” she said and he sighed.

“She looks better that she did when you left for the World Cup. You did the right thing bringing her back here” she said. “Did I?” he asked. He saw this morning how she cuddled his son so tenderly. It was hard enough for Molly to leave the first time. What will she be like when she leaves for good?

“It was the best decision for you son” Dolores said.

“It’s only for a few months Maé. Remember that” he warned his mother and himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Both Molly and Cristiano are finding it strange to be in the same house. Will it get stranger?

Thanks to ak9_sh ,gill7515 and Jayme112234 for their comments.

P.S Find out what happened that night in the hotel room next.