Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 44- Do I Like You That's Different

"Hey boy" Cristiano said to Marcosa as he reached the couch. The dog kept his head on the couch and Cristiano sighed. "So now my dog doesn't want anything to do with me" Cristiano mumbled out loud before flopping onto the couch.

It was early. Way too early for him to be up but he couldn't sleep. His sister and nephews had left earlier during the day and Irina had left short afterwards. It was just Cristiano, Dolores, Junior and Molly in the house. Just the four of them. One who gave birth to him and wasn't happy with him, one who has half his blood and didn't like being around his father and the other....The other was Molly.

They had spoken sure but it didn't feel right to Cristiano. He couldn't get the thought that she hated him out of his head. Cristiano rested his head against the back of the couch and thought about how much Molly had smiled and laughed the past few days. It was great that she was feeling less miserable. Something everyone had noticed. But....He still knew that it was his fault that she had being so miserable. He had said things to her. Unforgiveable things. No wonder she hated him he thought.

"What are you doing down here?" he heard someone ask and opened his eyes to find Molly sleepily walking towards the couch. "What are you doing down here?" he asked. "I asked first" she yawned. "Couldn't sleep. You?" he asked. "Got used to waking up Junior at this time when he was sick last week. Thought I'd get a drink of water while I was awake" Molly said.

"I'll get it for you" he said moving to stand. "No your fine. I'll get it" Molly said looking at him oddly. He wasn't normally this helpful she thought. "So how come you can't sleep? Missing Irina?" she asked walking to the fridge with Marcosa following behind making Cristiano groan. "What?" she asked. "It's just me Marcosa isn't a fan off then" he muttered. "He thinks I'm going to give him a dog biscuit. Which of course I am" Molly smiled at the dog before opening the dog tin and placing a small biscuit on the floor. "If you made more of an effort then maybe he'd be a fan of yours" Molly said closing the tin shut.

"Ya I know. I deserve it. I've being a jerk. He can join the I hate Cristiano club" Cristiano said looking at the blank TV. "That's a big club" Molly joked and he threw a nearby cushion onto the floor. "I meant people hating you over Messi and vice versa. Jezz what's up with you? You've being well a different type of annoying lately. Doing way more sulking and pouting the usual" she said.

"I don't sulk or pout" he said. "You are right now" she pointed out and he stared quietly at the TV. "If you're going to be like this cos your missing your girlfriend than get her to come back over. Or call her. Oh I haven't had enough sleep for dealing with this. I'm going back to bed" Molly said heading to leave.

"I'm sorry" he called out and she turned around to look at him. "I'm sorry for making you miserable. For making you not like you. I'm sorry for all the things I said. For everything I have done. For everything I haven't done" he said in a hurry. "You've already apologised" Molly said. "And I know that it's not enough. I don't know what more I can do. You ignore me and I miss you annoying me. You make small talk with me but I can tell it's just you trying to make peace for everyone. And I hate that you hate me" he said.

"I don't hate you" she said looking to the floor. "Ya right. You can't even look at me when you say that. You told me you did before we got pushed into the pool" he said. "I said it during a fight Cristiano. People shout things during fights. And you were about to say it to me too" she said.

"You always say what you mean" he mumbled. "So does that mean that everything you said to me that you actually meant it. Cos that would mean your apology was totally bullshit" she said. "What no of course I didn't mean those things. I was angry" he said standing. "So was I" she said.

"I just.." he stopped when he saw her roll her eyes. "Have you heard yourself? Think about the last three sentences you have spoken to me just now. How many times did you use the word I. I'm sorry, I hate. It's all about you" she said. "No it's not" he said. "Then start acting like it" she said and his eyes went to the floor. "Jezz Ronaldo do you seriously expect me to what jump into your arms and tell you that what you said didn't hurt. You've said sorry. So just let me..." she stuttered.

"Alone?" he asked. "It's a bit hard for you to let me alone when we live in the same house Ronaldo. Anyway I never actually said that" she said. "So what then?" he asked. "I don't know" she shrugged. "I promise things are going to be different" he said. "It's not my fault you feel guilty. That's on you. Not on anyone else" she said. "I know it is. And I do feel like shit for how I treated you. But at least you aren't miserable anymore so that's one good thing" he said. "If I hated you, then do you really think that I'd be standing here even talking to you?" Molly asked him a part of her feeling sorry for the footballer. Even after everything.

"So you don't hate me?" he asked. "Still all about you" she muttered turning around. "Molly wait. Look I promise I won't keep making it about me ok. But can you just say that you don't hate me and I'll leave you alone" he said. "I don't hate you ok" she shouted turning back around to face him.

"Do I like you? That's different. At the moment you are just annoying me. The other day with the bubbles was fun and- "You liked me then?" he asked. "I didn't mind been around you which I guess could be interpreted as me liking you" she said and he smiled.

"What?" she asked. "Nothing" he smiled. "Cristiano" she said. "As long as you don't hate me then, you can change your mind as much as you want about whether you like me or not. I'm sure you've disliked me a lot since we have met. I've certainly disliked you" he said.

"Hold on. When have you not liked me?" Molly asked. "When you've locked yourself in your room and not spoken to anyone for starters" he said. "All those times I've been through something" she said. "I know. I know. I'm just saying" he said.

"So when else have you not liked me?" she asked crossing her arms as best as she could with a glass in her hand. "Well you do talk a lot" he smirked. "Oh come on" she said and he laughed. "I've disliked you when you stopped talking to me and it bothers me when you don't talk to me. Even shouting at me is something" he said.

"So you don't like me when it bothers you when I'm not liking you" she asked beginning to laugh. "It's annoying" he laughed. "I annoy you when I talk and I annoy you when I don't. Jezz you are one annoying man" she said. "Guess we are one annoying pair then" he smiled.

"Well some people like when I'm annoying" she smiled and he frowned not wanting to think who she was referring to. "What?" she asked noticing the frown. "Nothing. So I'll focus on someone other than me and you keep not hating me. And maybe try to like me a bit more. That sound good?" he smirked. "You do anything hurtful and stupid again and it won't be me liking you that will be your problem ok" she said.

"Deal. And I am sorry Molly. Really I am. I promise things will be different. If I get the chance" he said. "Junior is just a bit cranky after been sick. He just has to get used to you again" Molly said. "I should be used to that by now. He's had to get used to me a lot since he was born" he said.

"Just keep trying. That's all you can do. And if I can be friendly with you then, no one else has any reason not to" she said. "Ya" he said. "You should really be thanking me you know" she smirked. "I will way more from now on. You do so much around here Molly" he said. "Good that you've finally noticed" she said bending down to rub Marcosa's head. "But I wasn't talking about that" she said. "What did you mean then?" he asked.

"What I meant was that you should be thanking me for being so nice. Another person would leave you mopping around feeling guilty and sorry for yourself. After everything, I am really nice for not torturing you" she smirked. "Well am't I the lucky one that you are so nice" he said rolling his eyes and she laughed making him smile.

"Do me a favour and don't stop laughing. We've all missed it" he said. "Do me a favour and stop being an annoying jerk and I'll keep laughing" she said standing. "I should go back to bed" she said.

"Molly" he said. "I told you I don't hate you" she huffed. "I know. But thanks for saying it again by the way" he smirked. "You're annoying me again" she said. "Since you are up" he stopped. "Since I'm up what?" she asked. "Want to watch some TV with me?" he asked.

"Now? It's still night time" she said. "It's almost light out" he said. "Cristiano" she said feeling sleepily. "It doesn't matter. I just thought it would be nice to spend time around each other where we aren't yelling, fighting or apologising to each other" he said turning around to sit back down on the couch. Molly stared at him. Leaning onto one foot and biting her lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should she watch tv with him? Was she telling the truth about not hating him? Does Cristiano deserve not to feel guilty anymore?

Let me know what you think. Will this talk change their relationship for the good?

Thanks to ak9_sh for her comment.