Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 46- Friends Ya?

Dolores made her way down the stairs to start breakfast when the sun came out. She had peeked into her grandson's room and mused that he must be in with Molly when she found his cot empty. She certainly didn't expect to find him where she did Dolores thought as she stood in front of the couch in the living room.

The sound on the TV was down low as Cristiano slept on the couch with Molly snuggled next to him. He had one hand on her waist and the other on Junior's back as he slept on top of Molly. Cristiano's hand covering Molly's. They looked so peaceful Dolores thought. She hoped they could both move past previous events. She took out her phone and fumbled with it until she managed to take a quick picture. Marcosa barked and Cristiano began to stir on the couch, waking Molly in the process.

"Mana" Dolores smiled. "Mana" Cristiano yawned as they both sat up slowly. "Oh it can't be morning already" Molly groaned making Cristiano laugh. "I'm sure your bed would have been more comfy" Dolores said. "We must have fallen asleep" Cristiano said stretching his hands over his head. "I can take Junior while you wake up Molly" Dolores said and Molly handed him over to his grandmother. "You might have him for a long time if you're waiting for her to wake up fully" Cristiano smirked as Molly yawned.

"Dolores did you ever breast" Molly was trying to say until Cristiano covered her mouth with his hand. "Ignore Molly Maé. She's just cranky" Cristiano said. "Hey" Molly said pushing him away. "Zip it" he warned. "Now you're not as interested" she smirked.

"Oh how I have missed your annoying and very confusing banter. Not" Dolores said. "Ah Maé there's no way you have missed this ones big mouth" Cristiano joked. "Muppet" Molly said smacking him in his chest. "I won't be long Dolores" Molly said before leaving the room. Cristiano sat back onto the couch and smiled. Muppet he thought smiling. "What has that smile on your face Ronaldo?" Dolores asked. "Just me being a muppet Maé" he smiled hoping things with Molly would get back to normal.

"Mmm something smells good" Cristiano said walking into the kitchen later that day. "I making omelettes for lunch" Dolores smiled as her son kissed her a hello on her cheek. "Perfect timing so" Cristiano grinned taking the plate from his mother's hand. "Don't even think about it Ronaldo. That one is mine" Molly said appearing from nowhere. "I've just spent the morning exercising. I need to build my strength up" Cristiano said.

"Well I've been entertaining your son. And since he's intent on drinking me dry, I need to build my strength up" Molly said holding out her hand towards him. "Urgh" Cristiano groaned and handed the plate to a smiling Molly. "There's another one almost ready. Just take a seat and wait for it" Dolores said to her son. "This does taste great Dolores" Molly smirked taking a bite of the food. "I can't believe you played the breastfeeding card to get food" Cristiano said. "So" she shrugged. "Now" Dolores said placing a plate in front of her son. "Thanks Maé" he replied. "You know you should be thankful Molly doesn't pull that trick all the time. I played I gave birth to your four children with your father card till the day he died. And Katia is always reminding Zé how she is his kids mother" Dolores said and both Cristiano and Molly's eyes dropped to their respective plates. That wasn't something Molly was going to say. Ever. And they both knew it.

"Did Irina get back to New York ok?" Dolores asked taking a seat at the table.. "Ya she did" Cristiano said. "Well I hope she didn't find anything in her suitcase" Dolores said and Molly bit her lip. "I have no idea what you are talking about Maé" Cristiano said picking up his knife and fork. "Zé and nappys" Dolores said and Molly burst out laughing. "I didn't tell her" Cristiano said. "I know. Katia did. She sent me a video that you are going to love. Crap I left my phone upstairs" Molly said leaving the table. "Molly your lunch" Dolores called out. "I'll be back in a sec. Don't eat anything of my plate Ronaldo" she said leaving the room.

The front door slammed and Cristiano stared at his mother. "Who the hell is that?" she asked. "Please don't let it be anyone staying over. The house has finally become peaceful" he groaned. "Jorge" Dolores smiled as her son's agent walked into the kitchen. "Óle Dolores" he replied. "We weren't expecting you" she said. "It's just a quick visit" he said. "Take a seat and I'll get you some lunch" Dolores said standing. "It's ok Dolores I'm meeting Fabio for lunch. I just came to speak to your son" Jorge said.

"About what?" Cristiano asked taking a sip of water. "I told you one thing" Jorge said starting too get angry. "I told you not to hurt Molly and then you go and treat her like shit. How could you have said all those words to her?" Jorge yelled. "Jorge" Cristiano said. "No Ronaldo you listen to me. You have fucked with her life enough" Jorge said. "I have apologised to Molly" Cristiano said. "Not good enough" Jorge said. "Stop it Jorge" Molly said and both men turned to see Molly coming towards the table. "Molly I was just defen- "I don't need you to defend me Jorge. Cristiano and I fought. We have talked about it and moved on. So everyone else does also" Molly said taking her seat once more.

"But" Jorge said. "No buts Jorge. Now are you going to join us for lunch?" Molly asked picking up her fork. "I'm meeting Fabio but I'll be here for a few days" Jorge said. "Good. We can catch up later so" Molly said. "I'll leave you all to your lunch so" Jorge said nodding a goodbye. "Wait Jorge" Molly said. "Yes" he replied. "Just out of curiosity, who told you about our fight?" she asked. "Zé. He told me he had to shove you both into the pool to stop ye from hitting each other" Jorge said. "Did he now?" Molly mumbled. "What do they say about curiosity ?" Cristiano muttered. "It killed the cat" Dolores said. "It's not the cat that needs to worry" Molly said already thinking of ways to teach Zé a lesson. "Nappys are going to be the least thing he's going to have to worry about" Cristiano mumbled.

"Oh Molly I forgot. This came for you" Jorge said handing Molly an envelope "What is it?" Dolores asked. "A letter from my parents I guess" she said letting fall onto the table. "Are you not going to read it?" Cristiano asked. "What's the point" she said. "Molly" he said. "It's going to be the same as the other letters ie nothing" she said. "But Molly" Jorge said as she played with her food. "Fabio will be wondering where you are Jorge" Cristiano said knowing Molly clearly didn't want to talk about her parents. "I'll be back later" Jorge said. "So where's this funny video you were talking about?" Cristiano asked Molly who had smiled handing her phone over to him. "I'll leave you with the washing up Cristiano. I'm going to call Hugo" Dolores said standing. "Ok Maé" he replied. "And try to avoid any bubble or water fights please" she smiled and Molly giggled.

"Thanks" Cristiano said to Molly when they were alone. "For what?" she asked. "For stopping Jorge from telling me off. Even though I deserve it" he said. "Well you are giving yourself enough of a hard time about our fight without anyone else having their say" she said and he gazed at her. "Plus if anyone is going to give you a telling off it's going to be me" she smirked and he laughed.

They ate the rest of their lunch in peace and when Molly collected the plates he stopped her and told her he would do the washing up and to go sit down. And she didn't argue with him. "I know you don't want to talk about it so don't bite my head off ok" he said a while later taking a seat next to her on the couch. "Why do I have the feeling that you are about to annoy me now?" she groaned. "Nothing new then" he smiled. "What do you want you talk about?" she asked. "This" he said pulling the envelope out of his pocket. "I already told you" she said. "It might be different" he said. "Cristiano" she sighed. "Please just read it. It might be important" he said.

"If you are so interested then you read it" she snapped. "Fine I will then" he said carefully opening the white envelope. "Well?" she asked. "I thought you weren't interested" he said reading the letter. "Muppet" she muttered. "Same as the others. You were right. Happy" he said dropping the letter into her lap. "No surprise there" she sighed.

"Hey at least they send you something Molly. I'm sure they just find it hard to write to you since they have disappointed you so much" he said placing his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. "Maybe" she said resting her head against his body. "When was the last time you painted or drew something?" he asked. "Different topic all together Ronaldo" she said. "When?" he asked again. "I don't know. I guess when I was pregnant. The paint used to give me headaches" she said lifting her head. "Well maybe you should start again. You are really good and it would be good for you" he said. "Maybe" she said. "No maybe about it. You are doing it" he said.

"Are you trying to tell me what to do again Ronaldo?" she asked. "What no" he shook his head and she laughed. "Relax. I know you weren't. Maybe I'll start again in a few days. It has been a while. And I did enjoy it" she said. "Good" he smiled.

"I have a couple of things I want to do before Junior wakes up from his nap" she said standing. "Oh ok" he said sounding a bit disappointed. "You know Jorge means well telling you off" she said. "He can be a bit protective of you" he said. "Well we are fine now so he can ease of a bit" she said.

"Are we ok?" he asked. Their talk early in the morning had been good but Cristiano still wasn't sure where he stood with her. "I think we are ok" she said. "Good" he smiled. "I'm sorry too by the way" she said. "What are you sorry for?" he asked. "I shouldn't have what I said about Junior. About you not noticing him and using him as a toy. It was uncalled for" she said. "Molly you have nothing to be sorry for" he said standing. "I shouldn't..." she stuttered. "You said those things because of me. And they were true" he said. "No they weren't. You are a good Dad Cristiano" she said. "I just need to act like a bit more" he smiled. "Ya" she said. "Anyway I better go upstairs" she said moving a little.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him. "What the..." she stuttered as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug. "No more fighting. I promise things will be different. Just don't hate me" he said and she sighed and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Ok" she said resting her head against his chest and he held her tight.

They stood for a few minutes holding each other until Molly finally pulled back. "I think we can get past the last few days and still be friends. Right?" she asked. "Friends ya" he said reluctantly letting her go before she left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Molly is standing up for her muppet. Surely that means they are back to normal. Doesn't it? They are friends! What did you think of Molly's apology?

Thanks to realmadrid0bsessed and ak9_sh for their comments.