Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 49- Could Be The Reason She Breaks

"Cristiano" Dolores whispered and he lifted his head. "What time is it?" he asked looking towards the door where his mother was coming through. "Nine" she replied. He couldn't remember what time he had come into the nursery but he knew that it was at least more than three hours ago. "You must be uncomfortable" she said. "I'm fine" he replied shifting a little in the rocking chair careful not to wake Molly in his arms.

"She's asleep" Dolores said. "Ya" he said. To Cristiano's surprise, Molly had drifted off to sleep a short time ago. They had sat quietly in the nursey as she sat numb in his arms. Junior in her arms completely unaware of the thoughts running through the adults mind as the three sat in the chair. He had sat in the rocking chair picturing all the things he wanted to do to Tony for terrifying Molly. She had being so happy and silly before she had bumped into him yesterday. Afterwards she had just sat numb in his arms. He wanted to know why Tony was in Madrid. Had he been looking for Molly? Did he want more money? Too many unanswered questions.

"I'm surprised that Junior isn't looking for a feed" she said. "Can you take him please? Try not to wake her" he said as his mother carefully took Junior from Molly's hold. "I'll get a bottle and feed him" Dolores said as Junior had become alert now he was out of Molly's arms. "I want to do it" Cristiano said. "Ok. I'll be back" Dolores said exiting the room with her grandson.

Cristiano stared down at the woman in his arms and sighed. He had no idea how she was sleeping. He knew after everything she had gone through last year that she had trouble sleeping. Yet now she was out cold. He out his hand under her legs and carefully stood taking her with him. He walked to the bed in the nursey and laid her down on it. He pulled a blanket over her and stroked her cheek with his finger. He wondered what she was thinking about. He sat up straight and ran a hand threw his hair. He had no idea what to do. "I can feed him Cristiano" Dolores whispered coming back into the room. "I'd liked to do" he said. "Jorge told me what happened" Dolores said.

"Where is he?" he asked. "On the phone downstairs" she replied. "He better find out what the fuck that guy is doing here?" Cristiano said. "Ronaldo however bad that man is. It's a free country he can go where he likes" Dolores said. "Well I don't like it" Cristiano said. "Ronaldo" she said. "Just give me the bottle" he snapped. "I'm sure there is nothing to worry about" Dolores said handing Junior over to his father and the bottle. "I hope he doesn't get upset that he's getting a bottle and not Molly not feeding him" Cristiano said. "Well it's breastmilk in the bottle. She expressed some earlier and since he didn't have anything since lunch, I'm sure he'll drink it" Dolores said. Cristiano moved to sit back in the rocking chair. He had promised himself that he would make more of an effort to be a better father to Junior. He just didn't think he'd be feeding him like this when everyone was worried.

Awoken by Marcosa licking his hand, Cristiano stretched out his legs in front of him. He yawned and looked at his watch. It was almost time to get up he thought. He looked at the cot in front of him where his son laid fast asleep. He had settled Junior for the night and taken a seat back in the chair as his son and Molly slept.

"Did you sleep there all night?" he heard someone ask and looked at the bed where Molly had sat up. "Ya I did. When I could sleep" he said. She nodded and rubbed her eyes. "Are you- "Please don't ask me if I'm ok. We both know I'm going to get asked that for the rest of the day" she said.

"You slept" he said. "You sound surprised" she said. "Kind of ya" he replied. "Guess I've gotten used to sleeping when bad shit happens" she said throwing the blanket back. "Nothing bad has happened Molly. And it won't either" he said. "You don't know that Ronaldo" she said. "Yes I do. I won't let him cause any more trouble" he said. Junior stirred and Molly went to the cot.

"What if he had been with me yesterday?" Molly whispered her hands gripping the cot's sides as she looked down at Junior. "I'm sure meeting him was just a stupid accident Molly" he said. "And what if it wasn't? What if he was looking for me? What if my parents have gotten under his hold again?" she said. "Molly" he said. "Don't. Just don't" she said. "It will be ok" he said placing his hands on her shoulders.

"I promise" he said placing a kiss on the back of her head. There was a knock on the door and Cristiano's eyes went to the door. "You're both awake" Dolores said. "Ya" Cristiano said. "Molly are you ok?" she asked. "I'm fine Dolores. You have training" Molly said to Cristiano. He knew that but he didn't want to leave the house. "Just go. Like you said there's nothing to worry about" she said picking Junior up. "Molly" he said. "You heard her Cristiano. Go to training. I'll get you something to eat Molly" Dolores said. "I'm not hungry Dolores" she said. "You need to eat" Dolores said. "I'll feed Junior and then have a shower. I'll eat something afterwards" she said. "I'll go to training so" Cristiano said. "I'll get you some breakfast" Dolores said taking his arm and nudging him out of the room. "You fussing will make her anxious" Dolores said when they reached the hall. "Says the queen of fussing" Cristiano huffed. "Seeing that man again will bring up a lot of bad memories Cristiano. She needs time" Dolores said.

"Don't bother asking if she's ok" Cristiano snapped at Jorge as he entered the kitchen. "She's acting like there's nothing wrong" Cristiano said. "There isn't. You have said that yourself" Jorge said. "Tony been inches from Molly yesterday is something wrong. What the fuck have you found out about him?" Cristiano asked.

"I'm still waiting to hear" Jorge replied. "Well tell whoever is finding out to get their act together. I want to know now. I want to know why that man spoke to Molly" Cristiano said. "As soon as I know Cristiano you will know" Jorge said. "I need to go to training" Cristiano said grabbing his keys. "I'll stay here today" Jorge said. "I figured you would" Cristiano said. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" Jorge said.

"She was just back to being Molly. Tony could be the reason she breaks" Cristiano said with his back to his agent. "Then we all just have to make sure she doesn't" Jorge said as Cristiano left. He had spent hours contacting people who could find out everything they needed to know. Private investigators in both Spain and England. Jorge just hoped Molly wasn't the reason for Tony been in Madrid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to CrazyPebbles21 and ak9_sh for their comments.