Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 5- Good Decision?

“Now you’re all fed and dressed” Molly smiled as she finished buttoning Junior’s Babygro. Molly tried not to think about how life was going to change now Cristiano was back. It had just been her and Junior the last few weeks. The last few crazy weeks she thought. The night feeds and looking after Junior and Katia’s boys at times was making Molly tired. But she felt different. She felt better. The pregnancy had taken it out of her. She had been so weak and tired when Cristiano showed up at her hotel room.

******************Flashback******************

“Would you stay and take care of my baby?” Cristiano asked. “Yes I’ll stay” Molly said quickly. The words escaping her mouth before she could even think. He unclenched his fists at her words. “Ok” he said fisting his hands into his pockets. “Amm right well we should get you back to the house so” Cristiano said. “Now?” she asked. “Ya I guess. You go and get dressed” he said. “Oh ya” she mumbled looking down at her robe. She had forgotten what she was wearing. “Anytime you like” he said.

“Patience was never you thing” Molly replied as she stood. “Wow” she said as her legs gave way and she sat on the bed. “Molly” he yelled rushing to her. “Are you ok?” he asked. He reached out to touch her but stopped himself. “I’m fine. I guess I stood too quickly” she said moving to stand again. He stood as she stood. His arms ready in case she felt weak again. “Have you eaten today?” he asked and watched as she took a deep breath. “Amm,” she said. “Damn it Molly you just had a baby. Did you not hear what Dr. Alex said? You need to take care of yourself. That means eating” he yelled. “She also said I needed to rest which I was doing. I haven’t eaten because I was asleep. And don’t yell at me” she shouted before moving past him and into the bathroom.

The door shut with a loud bang and Cristiano gripped the edge of the vanity table. “Urgh” he said banging on the top. “She never does what she is told” he said.

He was crazy. He had a plan and he should stick with it. He looked at the screen of his phone. He stared at the picture he had taken of Junior last night. It would only be for a few months, A few months until his son was stronger and bigger. And so his family could see that Molly was ok. He couldn’t be dealing with all their worries over her if they didn’t know where she was. This way they could see she was healthy. See that she was fit to leave for good he thought.

The pain on her face when she opened the door he thought. It was worst the night he had picked her up and put her into the shower. The night they had first attempted to have sex. She thought it was Dr. Frenz touching her when it had been Cristiano. She had shut everyone out after Dr. Frenz’s attack. She had looked so lost when she opened the door. She hadn’t answered all their calls. He thought she could have………………He took a seat on the bed. He texted Hugo to meet him at the room. Cristiano’s knees bounced as he sat on the bed. What the hell was he doing?

He asked her and she said yes. He was crazy. It wasn't the plan he thought as he heard the bathroom door open.

He looked up from his lap as Molly dressed in the clothes she wore when she left the clinic, slowly made her to towards him. He watched as she placed a white blanket into the bag on the bed and zipped it up. Molly could feel his eyes on her as she shakily took her phone in her hand. She proceeded to switch the phone on when it slipped it of her hand and onto the ground.

As she moved to bend down to pick it up, a surge of pain swept through her body and she winced. "I'll pick it up" Cristiano said shifting of the bed as Molly took a seat on the side of the bed holding her side. "Here" he said handing the phone out to her. "Thanks" she muttered. He moved back to lean against the wall and watched her frown as the phone beeped with all the missed calls and messages. "Just tell them you fell asleep" he said reading her mind that she didn't mean to worry everyone. Molly took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"You're still sore? Thought the pain would be gone by now" he said. "It takes more than a couple of days to recover from child birth" she said as if he was dumb. He rolled his eyes and was about to say something smart back to her when there was a knock on the door.

"It's just Hugo" he said when she looked confused at the sound of the knock. "Hey?" Hugo said when Cristiano opened the door. "You know I could have been anyone. You didn't even ask who was at the door" Hugo said walking into the room. "But I did answer the door on the first knock. Unlike some people" Cristiano said staring at Molly.

"Waiting for some things is good for you" Hugo said quickly before a row started. "Hey Molly" he said looking at her. "Hi" she whispered. "You two ready to go?" Hugo asked. "Yup. Now she's finished her tango" Cristiano said. "Tango. Am I missing something?" Hugo asked looking between his brother and Molly.

Cristiano frowned when Molly didn't reply. Instead she stood wincing as she did. He had hoped she might just fight back a little with him. She was too quiet. And a quiet Molly made him nervous.

"Let's go so" Hugo said and picked up the bag on the bed. Molly walked slowly in front of the two men down the hallway to the elevators. "Have you really thought this through?" Hugo whispered to his brother. He was glad his brother had wanted to at least talk to Molly tonight but he never expected to get a text message saying she was coming back to the house with them. "When do I ever think things through" Cristiano shrugged.

"This isn't just something small. Bringing her stay for a bit. Isn't that just going to make things twice as hard when she leaves in a few months?" Hugo asked. "I......Maé won't worry this way" Cristiano said as the reached Molly as she waited for the elevator.

"Take this" Cristiano said shrugging off his jacket and holding it out to her. "I'm fine" she said. "You're cold" he said noting she only had on a black tank top. "I'm fine" he said. "Take the damn jacket Molly and stop being so stubborn" he placing the jacket on her shoulders before stomping into the now open and empty elevator. He had only picked the jacket up at the last minute when he had left the house and he was glad as it had started to get colder despite the warm day.

"You take her to the car. I'll go sign out Ms. Pique here" Cristiano said as the door opened onto the lobby. "Pique?" Molly asked Hugo. "Jorge playing games" he shrugged.

"Óle again" the lady smiled when Cristiano reached the reception desk. "Óle. Can I settle up the room bill please?" he asked. "I see you found her" she said. "Eventually" he said. "The room is been charged to a Mr. Mendes but I can change it if you would like?" she asked. "No that's fine. Could you do me a favour?" he asked.

"Sure" she smiled. "Put the bill for the entire restaurant tonight onto the card" he smiled. That would teach Jorge he thought. "I hope you manage to work things out between your friends" she said. "It might not be that easy" he sighed placing 200 euro in front of her. "For all your help" he smiled.

A baby's howl filled the house as the three of them walked into Katia's house. "Where the hell have you been?" Dolores shouted as she walked up and down the living room floor with a crying Junior in her arms. "I have no idea what is wrong with him. He won't settle for any of us. Dinis has only just gone to sleep" Katia said.

"He won't take his bottle and he's cries are so loud" Elma wined. "You better have a good reason for abandoning us Ronaldo" Katia said. " I do" he said turning around as Molly and Hugo walked into the room.

"Oh Molly. You’re ok" Katia said rushing to her. "She's fine Katia. She just fell asleep" he said. "I didn't mean to worry you" Molly whispered to Katia as her eyes were focused on a whaling Junior in his grandmother's arms. "As much as I'm glad to see you Molly. Could we concentrate on shutting up the baby" Elma said. "I'll take him Dolores" Molly said walking towards the woman. Dolores smiled at her before handing Junior over.

"Sssh ssh, Why are you been so cranky?" Molly mused as she rocked the baby in her arms. "He wouldn’t take your last bottle" Dolores said as Molly took a seat on the couch. "And what's wrong with my bottle" she smiled down at Junior in her arms as he finally started to quieten.

Cristiano watched as his son began to suckle Molly's breast and the room settled into peace. "Peace at last" Elma mused. "Good decision Ronaldo" Katia whispered next to him. Good decision? He wasn't so sure about that.

*****************End of Flashback*********************

"All fed?" Cristiano asked standing at the door. "Ya. All fed, changed and dressed" Molly said picking Junior off the changing mat. "He's all yours now" she said. "I missed him" he said. "I'm sorry the World Cup didn't work out how you would have liked" she said. "Thanks. But at least I'm home now" he said looking at the basinet next to the bed.

"It's easier if he's in with me for night feeds. But you can take him if you would like" she said. "No it's ok. Don't want to disturb his routine" he sighed. "I'm sure you'll have a good season with Madrid" she said handing him Junior who immediately became restless making Cristiano frown.

"He's just in one of his cranky moods" she said stroking the baby's cheek. "I'm going to go for a shower since you have him" she said moving towards the bathroom.

"Molly" Cristiano said in a panic as Junior started to squirm in his arms. "Just let him get used to be in your arms. You'll be fine" she said smiling back at him. He'll be fine if his son didn't cry every time he picked him up Cristiano thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should Cristiano be worried his son cries when he holds him? Should Molly be worried things are going to change now Cristiano is home?

What did you think of their hotel room conversation? Did he make a good decision bringing Molly back? Has he thought it through?

Thanks to ArsenalFanKT and Jayme112234 for their comments.

Let me know what your fave part was xxxxx