Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 51- Ever Wish You Hadn't Picked?

"How is Molly?" Pepe asked Cristiano as the strolled back into the changing room. "What do you mean?" Cristiano asked. "Look man I'm not been noisy but Ana told me about the other day" Pepe said to Cristiano. "Oh" Cristiano said. "So how is she? How are you?" Pepe asked. "I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should be worried or if it's nothing" Cristiano said.

"Who is he?" Pepe asked. "Her parents owed him money. He tried to use Molly to get them to pay him" Cristiano said. "Did he hurt her?" Pepe asked. "He didn't get the chance" Cristiano said. Pepe didn't ask but he got the impression Cristiano had been the one to pay the money. "What does he want now?" Pepe asked. "I don't know. But Jorge think's he doesn't want anything from Molly. That it's just a conscience that she bumped into him the other day" Cristiano said. "But you don't?" Pepe asked. "I hope it is. I just want him as far away from Madrid as possible" Cristiano said. "As far away from Molly I get it. Ana said she was really scared the other day" Pepe said.

"She was but.." Cristiano stopped walking. "But what?" Pepe asked. "It doesn't matter" Cristiano said shaking his head. "Talk to me Ronaldo" Pepe said pulling his teammate back. "She's taking it all too calmly" he said. "What do you mean?" Pepe asked confused. "She seems angrier that we are fussing than anything. All she wants to do is pick a fight" Cristiano said. "It's her way of coping I guess" Pepe shrugged. "I just wish she would stop being stubborn and talk to me. Talk to Ana. Talk to anyone" Cristiano said.

"Why do I feel like we are missing a lot when it comes to Molly?" Pepe asked. "She had a tough life. She doesn't need any more worry. But Molly seeing him" Cristiano stuttered. "Molly saw who?" Sergio asked as he and Iker came from behind Cristiano and Pepe.

"None of your business Ramos" Cristiano snapped. He didn't want to deal with any of Sergio’s' crap. Not today. "Easy Ronnie" Iker said. "Just but out" Cristiano snapped. "Hey I was only asking. Is Molly alright though? She hasn't been replying to my texts that much this week" Sergio said. "Maybe she's sick of you bugging her" Cristiano snapped. "Ronaldo" Pepe warned. "Molly just a lot on her mind this week" Pepe said to Sergio and Iker. "Like what?" Iker asked.

"What have you done now?" Sergio asked Cristiano and Pepe grabbed Cristiano's arm to warn him not to do anything stupid. "He hasn't done a thing. She just met someone she used to know. Someone she would rather never see again" Pepe said. "Like an old boyfriend?" Sergio asked a little jealous. "Couldn't be further of the mark Sergio. He's someone who her parents knew. Someone bad" Cristiano said and Cristiano cursed himself for saying that. "Bad. Like she's in danger?" Iker asked. "Of course she isn't" Pepe said.

"Is she at yours now?" Sergio asked. "Yes and don't even think about going to see her" Cristiano warned. He didn't want Ramos bothering Molly. She didn't need him around when she was dealing with all the Tony stuff. "What Cris is trying to say is that Molly really doesn't need anymore fussing" Pepe said. "She'll kill me if she knew you knew. Just let her be" Cristiano said. "Ya I'm sure she'll be back texting you when she gets her head sorted" Pepe said. "Just as long as she's ok" Sergio said. "She will be" Cristiano said as Sergio walked away. "She lives with you and works for you but remember she's not just your friend. If Molly is in danger or trouble then we want to know" Iker said. "She isn't. I won't let her be" Cristiano mumbled. "Maybe she shouldn't push everyone away" Pepe said once Iker walked off. "She always goes into her own shell when something bothers her" Cristiano said. "Well she must feel bad if she's even ignoring Sergio's texts" Pepe said.

Molly just focused on minding Junior and tried not to think about Tony. She still couldn't get in touch with her parents. And couldn't stop thinking about the worst. She also couldn't avoid goggling for information about Tony. She had never done it before but having read numerous articles about him, she had wished that she hadn't. The people after him were worst.

"Do you really expect us to eat all of these?" Cristiano asked taking a seat on the stool in the kitchen. Molly jumped and turned her back to the sink. "I didn't hear you come in" she said. Normally she would give out to him for sneaking up on her. And that made him frown.

"You looked like you were on a different planet" Cristiano said. "Maybe it would be easier for everyone if I was" she mumbled. "But then our lives would be very boring" he said. He knew she must be thinking about leaving for everyone's sake. But he wasn't going to let her leave. Not because of Tony anyway. He knew she'd leave eventually. That was the plan he thought.

"You've been busy" he said looking at the counter tops and table covered with cookies, brownies and apple pies. "Well I did Pilates. A workout in your gym. Reorganised all of Junior's clothes. Cleaned my room. So I decided to bake" she shrugged. "Trying to keep you mind on other things" he said. "I know you said that there's nothing to worry about but I can't help it. I can't help thinking about that man" she said. "Hey" he said walking around to her. "I know I acted like I'm just used to all this shit but I'm scared" she said and he pulled her into a hug. "Sssh you don't have to be scared. I’m here" said.

"Seeing him again. It..." she stuttered. "It what. Talk to me Molly. Please?" he asked pulling some lose hair out of her face. "It took me back to the night he broke into my flat. It reminded me of the way he...he looked at me" she said as Cristiano's hand went into a fist behind her back as she spoke. And of the decision I made after that night. And Dr. Frenz" she said.

"Molly look at me" Cristiano said placing his hand at the side of her head. "Those men won't hurt you" he said and she stared up into his eyes. "It's not me that I'm worried about" she whispered and he frowned. "If I wasn't around then you and everyone else wouldn't have to deal with all of this" she said shaking his arms of her body. "Molly you've already had to change your whole life because of him and your parents. He wins. They all win if you give in to his scare tactics" he said. "But" she said. "No buts. You are worried about us getting hurt. Right?" he asked and she gave a slight nod leaning against the counter top. "Do you really think none of us would be worried if you leave? Jezz Molly Maé was so worried when you left after having Junior. What do you think she'll be like if she knew you were alone when Tony or whoever is out there?" Cristiano said. "I just don't want" she said. "I know. But there's nothing to worry about" Cristiano smiled.

"You are right. I'm nothing but trouble" Molly mumbled. ""Awh but you do make wonderful brownies" Cristiano said reaching for a brownie on a plate but Molly didn't smile like he hoped. "Your phone is ringing" Cristiano said as he saw the phone buzzing next to the plate of brownies. "I don't feel like talking to anyone right now" Molly said. "You not going to check who it is?" he asked. "It's probably Anderia. Or Sergio. I haven't really been replying to him much this week" Molly said turning her back on Cristiano.

"Do you think all of this food will last until Sunday?" Cristiano asked. "Yes. Why?" she asked turning back to face him. "Just wondering" he shrugged. "Have you spoken to Jorge?" Molly asked. "If he had any news than you would know" Cristiano said taking a bite of his brownie. The oven beeped and he raised an eyebrow at her. "The biscuits are done" she muttered moving to open the oven. "You made biscuits too?" he asked. "I found a recipe for these Anzac biscuits" she said. "How are we going to manage to eat all of this food?" Cristiano asked looking around the food filled kitchen. "Well Nuno is here so I had to make more then I planned" she said. "They look taste" he said reaching for a biscuits. "They are also hot" she said snapping the tray away from him. The tray wasn't the only thing that was hot he thought as she floated around the kitchen. "What did you call they biscuits again?" he asked. "Anzac Their Australian or New Zealand. I can't remember. I just found it online" she said. "Couldn't find a near continent?" he joked.

"Well I wouldn't want my food to be boring" she shrugged. “With you nothing could be boring” he said. "Not when trouble follows me around" she sighed. "Or when you have chocolate on your face" he smiled. "What?" she asked wiping her face and he laughed. "Come here" he said picking up the cloth next to him. "How do I know if you are telling the truth?" she asked. "I have nothing to throw at you" he said holding his arms out. She moved closer to him. "Jezz I'm hardly going to play a trick on you. Have you changed one of Junior's nappys lately. I so wouldn't want one of them ending up in my bed" he joked and she laughed. "I would think of something else for you" she said as he pulled her to him and rested an arm around her back.

"I'm sure you would" he smiled. "You have flour here" he said brushing her forehead. "And a little chocolate right here" he said brushing his finger at the side of her lip. They stared each other and he brushed his finger along her cheek. "All gone?" she asked. "All gone" he said lifting his arm off her suddenly.

"Want some help packing all of this food away?" he asked. "It's ok. You go spend time with your son" she said turning to pick up the biscuits with a spatula. "You sure?" he asked and she knew he had moved closer to reach as she felt the heat from his body behind her. "I'm sure" she said. "Ok" he said and reached to pick up a biscuit. "Hey" she said. "These are yummy" he said smiling as the golden syrup taste melted on his tongue. "You shouldn't be eating them" she said. "There worth an extra lap around the training pitch" he smirked. "Well enjoy that one cos Nuno will probably have them all eaten before you get another one" Molly smirked back at him. "Well if that's the case then I need another one" he said. "No" she said.

"Aww Mols come on. Just stand there and let me enjoy" he said and Molly's face went white. "Shit Molly I didn't mean to say that" he said. "It's ok" she said. "No it's not" he said kicking himself for saying something that was so close to the words that Dr. Frenz had said to her. "Hey come on. Where's that smiled gone?" he asked stroking her cheek. "Ever wish you hadn't picked me?" she mumbled.

"Cristiano" Dolores called out and he took a step back from Molly. "Kitchen" he called out as his mother came walking into the room with Junior in her arms. "Olé" she smiled at her son. "Hi Maé" he replied. "I see that you have seen our own little bakery" Dolores joked. "You'd want to be careful Maé or she'll take over as the best cook in this house" Cristiano said moving further away from Molly. "I doubt that" Molly said. "I'm sure you could. Now I think someone wants a cuddle" Dolores said.

"Hey buddy" Cristiano said taking his son into his arms. Junior waved his tiny arms around as he looked around the room. "He's getting so much more aware of things now" Cristiano said. "He's getting bigger alright" Dolores smiled as Junior held his arms out towards Molly. "Why don't you go sit down with him Molly" Cristiano said. "You should spend time with him" Molly said placing the biscuits into a tin.

"I will. But you should relax a bit too. Here take him and I'll pack all of this away" he said handing Junior to her. "But" she said adjusting Junior in her arms. "I'll make sure he puts them away ok Molly" Dolores said. "If you are sure?" she asked Cristiano who nodded. "Let's go read you a story then" Molly smiled at Junior. "And don't eat any more" she warned Cristiano as she headed to the couch.

"Is she ok?" Dolores whispered to her son. "I hope so" he said. They both looked at Molly smiling as Junior tried to take the book from her. Cristiano's mind kept thinking about what she had mumbled before Dolores had called out.

Did he wish he hadn't picked her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sergio and the other boys all want to be there for Molly. Will Cristiano let them be? Does he regret picking her?

Let me know what was your favourite part.

Last update of 2015. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for everyone who has read and commented on this story so far. See what happens in 2016 soon.