Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 56- Mind Your Eyes

"Is he ok?" Cristiano asked as he leaned against the door frame. "He's fine. He'll be asleep again in a few moments" Molly replied as she carefully placed Junior back into his cot. "What?" she asked when she looked up to find him smiling at her. "You tell me to be careful of the baby monitor and you go and forget yourself" he said holding up the monitor in his hand.

"I don't understand" she said confused. "Everyone heard you when you came up here. Telling Junior not to bite" he said. "Oh no" she said mouth opened. "Relax I said you were talking about the bottle" he laughed. "It's not funny Ronaldo" she said storming past him. He walked to the cot and stroked Junior's head. "Noite my cutie" he said and rolled his eyes that Molly's nicknames were starting to wear of on him.

He closed the door and turned to his left and knocked on the half open door. "What do you want?" she groaned. "Nothing about how I knocked" he joked walking into her room to find her laying flat on her back on top of the bed. "Go to bed Ronaldo" she said and he sighed and took a seat at the bottom of the bed. "Talk" he said. "Urgh" she said throwing her arm over her eyes. "So you can play poker well" he said. "Well? I beat all your buts. And aren't you supposed to be good at it?" she snapped. "I am. But I'll hold my hand up and admit that you are better. Although the competition wasn't much" Cristiano said. "No it wasn't. They all suck" she said. "Their tells are easy to see" he said. "Ya" she said.

"So where did you learn to play?" he asked staring at the wall opposite him. "Guess I learnt something from my mother" she said. "Molly" he said. "At least I didn't get the drinking gene from my father otherwise who knows where I would be" she said. "We make our own choices Molly" he said. "Don't I know it" she muttered. "So you used to play poker alot?" he asked. "My parents well my mother played alot. They used to have poker nights at the house when I was younger. I guess I just picked up the game as the more I watched" she said. "And the reason you didn't want to play for money was because it reminded you of your parents problems?" he asked and turned his head slightly to find her staring at him.

"I know shocker, noticing two things in one night. What ever will happen next?" he joked and a small smile appeared and the disappeared as quick of Molly's face. "I've seen what playing for money can do" she said raised on her elbows. "It was just a game between friends" he said. "That's how it starts. My mum lost money to her apparent best friend's boyfriend one night and the following week a brick got thrown through the window barely missing me. I was only five. I didn't realise how messed up things were back then" she said.

"Molly" he said. "Don't even think about giving me your pity look Ronaldo" she said laying flat on the bed. "And don't shut me out. What Fabio said" he said. "I'm just sick and tired of being the incentive" she said. "I don't understand" he said. "It doesn't matter" she said. "Molly talk" he said. "My parents always used me as an excuse. Oh Molly needs this and that let's go gamble for the money. Hello Tony was going to use me as an incentive to get my parents to pay back his money. It's just.." she stopped. "In the past Molly. You aren't in that life anymore. And I'm sure your parents will realise that they can't keep living the way they have being. But it's not your fault if they do. Oh by the way you were never my play thing. And if I ever made you feel that way and I know I did then I'm sorry" he said.

"You ok now?" he asked. "I can't believe they nearly heard" she said covering her face with her hands. "They didn't though" he said. "Them finding out...I couldn't.." she stuttered. "Forget it Molly. Now are you ok?" he asked again. "Yes" she said. "Tonight was fun" he said. "Who knew you could have a good idea" she joked. "Well next time I'll do more research. Jezz you would have cleaned us out if we hadn't been playing for M&Ms" he said.

"Not my fault you sucked" she said. "Hey I lasted longer than any of the others Ms. Beginners Luck" he said catching her feet and she laughed when he tickled her foot. "Thanks for tonight though" she said when he stopped. "I think it's time we put Tony and all of that behind us. Don't you think?" he asked. If only it was that easy she thought.

"You should get that" she said when she felt his phone vibrating in his pocket against her foot. "Go and let me get some sleep" she smiled when she saw his hesitation. "Ya you should get sleep. Don't want to have to deal with you being cranky in the morning" he said quickly standing before she could kick him. "I'm going to gloat even more now" she said as he shut her door after him.

Cristiano walked back to his room and pulled out his phone. Five missed calls. All from Irina. Shit this isn't going to be good he thought dialling her number. "So now you remember that you have a girlfriend" Irina yelled into the phone. "Hello to you too" he replied. "Don't get snappy with me. I'm the one you have been ignoring" she yelled. "I'm sorry" he said. "What was so important you couldn't take two minutes to say that you would phone me back?" she asked. "I had some of the guys over. My phone was on silent. I'm sorry Irina" he said.

"Well at least you're not using your son as an excuse this time. But I should come before your play time with your teammates Cristiano. Why did you even have them over? Don't you see enough of them at training?" she asked and he sighed. "I should have phoned you before they came over. I'm sorry" he sighed. "I've missed you" she said. "I've missed you too" he replied automatically. "I can't wait to see you" she said. "When will that be?" he asked. "I've got loads of work in Europe in the next few months so we can spend loads of time together. I can't wait. Just you and me" she said. "And Junior" he said. "And him" she said. "Irina" he said. "And your mother and sisters and anyone else who doesn't get the message to leave us alone to spend time together. What's the point in having Molly living with you if you do all the work with Junior" she said. "It's not work. He's my son. And Molly does more than anyone. More than enough" he said. "Oh sorry I forgot not to upset saint Molly" Irina snapped. "How is work?" he asked. Changing the subject was the best thing. He didn't want a fight. "Oh amazing. I had this meeting today..." And Cristiano listened to her talk, his eyes glancing between the clock and his door.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Cristiano groaned the following morning as he shuffled to the couch. It was late when he finally fell asleep last night. Irina had kept talking and he couldn't get off the phone. Thankfully he had no training this morning he thought.

"You are spending too much time with Molly" Ricky said laughing as he switched on the blender. "Ricky" Cristiano yelled. "All done" Ricky said turning the blender off. "What do you mean I'm spending too much time with Molly?" Cristiano asked. As far as Cristiano was aware he hadn't spent that much time with her lately. Something which he didn't know was a good thing or a bad thing. "Her crankiness is rubbing off on you" Ricky said. "Hey I'm not cranky this morning thank you very much" Molly said walking into the living room. "For a cha.." Cristiano stopped when he looked up and saw her.

"Wow you look rough. Jezz imagine what you would be like if you had too much to drink" Molly joked as she walked towards the kitchen. Cristiano's eyes followed moving legs. Legs barely covered by black shorts. "Good workout?" Ricky asked handing her a bottle of water. "I may have overdone it" she said before taking a drink.

"You worked up a sweat anyway" Ricky smirked. "I did a bit of aerobics and I'm not that bad" she said looking down at her flat stomach. The black work out top highlighted her amazing stomach and Cristiano eyes wondered over her glossing body. "How come she's the alert spunky one and you are the cranky moaning one?" Ricky asked Cristiano. "Ronaldo" Molly yelled and he shook his head. "Huh?" he asked. "Ricky asked you a question" she said turning her back to him to search for an apple. "I was talking to Irina last night" Cristiano said. "And how is she?" Ricky asked trying not to laugh at Cristiano who was doing everything in his power not to look at Molly. "I'm going for a shower. I'll be down in ten" Molly said practically skipping out of the room.

"Mind your eyes don't fall out Ronaldo" Ricky joked. "I have no idea what you are talking about" Cristiano said grabbing the remote of the coffee table. "You know I think the best thing, is that she has no idea how much she is torturing you" Ricky said taking a seat on the other end of the couch.

"Shut up Ricky" Cristiano said. "Hey I don't blame you. She is hot" Ricky said taking a sip of his smoothie. "So is my girlfriend" Cristiano said. "As long as you remember that then you should have no trouble" Ricky said.

"She just needs to come visit. Soon" Cristiano groaned. "Ya I bet there's certain benefits having your girlfriend here that you are missing" Ricky said. "I'm going for a shower to wake up" Cristiano said throwing the remote at Ricky. "A cold one" Ricky smirked and received a one finger goodbye from Cristiano.

"Oh you finally decided to make an appearance" Dolores said to her son as he reached the top of the stairs, where he found his mother with Molly. "Bom Día Maé" Cristiano smiled. "It's almost the afternoon" she said. "We all had a late night" Molly said. "And a fun one. You certainly looked like it when I came home last night. Although I have no idea what Marcelo was trying to do. How do you get grass from just saying green I'll never know" Dolores said. "Ya Iker's team were pretty bad last night" Molly said.

"Lucky my team weren't" Cristiano smirked. "You still lost at poker though" Dolores said and Cristiano frowned at Molly. "I told you that I would be gloating" she smiled at him. "Gloat away Molly" Dolores said. "Maé" Cristiano said. "What? You can't be talented at everything" she said passing her son to walk down the stairs.

"Lucky for me I have talents a lot of people enjoy" he said smiling at Molly. "Amm I should go shower" Molly said turning towards her room. "Ana was right" Cristiano said following her. "About what?" she asked. "It was just as well we didn't play strip poker last night" he said his eyes travelling up and down her body.

"Not that you would have lost much clothes. Which I'm sure the others would have being disappointed about" he said. "I'm sure they wouldn't have" Molly said as her back and the door met. "Oh they would have being" he said. "Ronaldo" she muttered.

"Although it's nothing I haven't seen before. Many times" he smiled and ran a finger along her bare stomach before walking towards his own room as Molly stood confused at her door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ak9_sh,ArsenalFanKT and Lurossoni for all your lovely comments.

So is everyone of the opinion that Cristiano went from a caring sweetheart to an ass? What did you think of their chat? Does he know her better than we think? What did you make of Irina's phone call?