Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 72- What's Bothering You?

Cristiano watched as the door slammed shut after Ana and he took a seat. He rested his elbows on his thighs and stared at the door. A few hours ago he was laughing and joking with Molly and his nephew. Now the biggest most important secret of his life was known. Not by everyone but… Ana figured it out. How long until others do? He pulled his phone from his pocket and entered his passcode.

He needed to talk to Jorge. He would know what to do. He stared at the screen in front of him. At the picture. Junior looked so happy. Ana Molly… He hadn’t lied to Ana when he told her that he didn’t know how Molly would react if she knew that Ana knew. Cristiano knew that Molly dreaded people finding out. Finding out what she had done. She left Madrid the first time because she thought people were starting to notice her bump. He placed his phone on the table and held his head in his hands. Everything Ana said was swirling around his head.

He felt sick. No one was meant to know the truth about his son. His son. No one elses. Just like it was planned. “Fucking plan” he muttered as he stood. He grabbed his phone and left the room.

“There you are. What’s the matter?” Dolores asked when Cristiano reached her side in the kitchen. “Nothing” lied. “Ronaldo” she said. “I’m going to go” he said. “What?” she asked. “I’m not feeling well. I’m going to head back to the house” he said. “Molly’s already gone with the babies” Dolores said. “She told me. You stay. I just need to get out of here” he said as his eyes wandered the room and he saw Ana staring back at him. “Cristiano” Dolores said and his eyes flicked back to his mother.

“Is everything ok?” she asked. “Just feeling ill. Have fun. I’ll see you later” he said kissing her cheek. He said a quick goodbye to Fabio before he walked down the street to his house. The house was quiet when he entered and he was met by Marcosa as he reached the living room. “Hello boy” he said rubbing the dogs head. He sluggishly climbed the stairs and headed towards Junior’s room. He really hoped his son wasn’t asleep. He needed a hug real bad right now he thought. He found the door open and the room empty except for his sleeping son in his cot. He stood over the cot and fixed the blanket on his son.

“Oh hey” Molly said and he turned his head to find her standing in the doorway dressed in a pair of checkered pj bottoms and a red tank top. “What are you doing back so soon?” she asked. “Didn’t feel well” he said. “You’re not coming down with something. Are you? We don’t want Junior to get sick” she said and he sighed. “It’s nothing. No need to worry” he said. “Did you lie so you could duck out early? Now now Ronaldo” she joked wagging her finger at him as she walked to the chest of drawers.

“Something like that. Everything ok here?” he asked. “Fine. Dinis just dropped off and as you can see Junior is out for the count” she smiled. “Ya he is” he said. “He just wanted to be fed really” Molly said. “He likes his food” Cristiano said. “Ya he does. And let’s just say it’s very interesting trying to breastfeed Junior and feed Dinis a small bottle at the same time” Molly laughed. “But you’re able for it all” he sighed.

“Are you ok?” she asked. “Why wouldn’t I be?” he replied trying not to think about the ticking time bomb across the street. Ana could be telling everyone right now. This might be the last time things will be like this he thought. They’ll hate him. And Molly…Molly will…. “Cristiano” Molly said and he rubbed his eyes.

“I’m fine” he said. “Maybe you should get the club doctor to look at you” Molly said as he moved to sit in the rocking chair. “I’m fine” he sighed. “Just needed peace to think” she said. “Finally found a different place other than you room” he half smiled tapping his finger on the arm chair.

“If something’s bothering you than you should talk about it” Molly said and Cristiano arched an eyebrow at her. “I know. How ironic of me to say that but well you should” she shrugged. He rocked back in the chair and took a long deep breath. Should he just tell her that Ana knows?

He held his hand out. She said nothing just walked to where he sat. She said nothing as she sat in his lap and he pulled her closer to him. “It’s been a long day” he muttered as the chair rocked and his finger stroked her lower leg. “Ya” she yawned and he smiled. “What?” she asked looking at him. “Nothing” he smiled pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. His arm around her waist played at the her hip gently stroking it and she lowered her head to his shoulder.

“What’s wrong?” she asked in a soft whisper. “Nothing” he lied. “Then why do I feel like there is?” she asked lifting her head. “There isn’t” he lied once more. Her face was inches from his and he stared into her worried filled hazel eyes. “The last time we sat like this. Sat here….Tony had made a reappearance” she said.

“Oh Molly it’s nothing like that. He’s dead. He can’t hurt you. No one will hurt you” he said moving the hand that had been on her leg to the side of her face. “If it’s not him. Then what is it?” she asked. “There’s nothing wrong” he said as his thumb caressed the side of her face. “But…..”she said before he placed a finger against her lips. “Can we just sit here for a few minutes? No talking. Just sit” he asked. She said nothing other than lower her head back onto his shoulder.

“Is it something to do with Dolores?” she asked quietly and he sighed. “Molly” he said. “Is it?” she asked. “No it’s not” he said. “But there’s something? Just tell me. If there’s something serious then I want to know. Don’t keep me in the dark” she said lifting her head. His eyes flicked to Junior’s cot and back to her worried face. “There’s nothing. Now just sit” he said pulling her head back against his shoulder. He stroked her arm and listened to her soft breaths against his neck. He just needed time to think. Time not to think he thought.

He rolled his eyes when he felt her head move. “Don’t keep me in the dark. Enough people have kept me in the dark until it was too late to fix them properly” she said and he knew she was thinking about her parents. “I’m not” he lied. She didn’t need to know that Ana knew. She wouldn’t be able to ………

“Then what’s bothering you?” she asked. “Right now it’s a tiny brunette who won’t shut up” he joked. “Muppet” she said and she started to giggle when he started to tickle her. “Stop” she laughed. “Sssh you’ll woke Junior” he laughed as she squirmed in his lap. “Cristiano” she said whispered. “There’s nothing to worry about” he said and kissed her forehead.

“Then it’s time for bed” she said and he licked his lower lip automatically. “I’ll leave you to your quiet time” she said and she began to shift in his lap so he had no choice but to lift his arms off her. “See you in the morning” she said giving a final look at Junior before walking out of the room.

Cristiano watched as she left and shut his eyes. Her face when she asked what was wrong. The worry. He knew he should tell her. But Ana had promised not to tell so there was no need. Everything was the same. Like always.

He stood from the chair and peeked into his son’s cot. He wanted to hold him. Wanted to feel safety in his arms. Like a few minutes….. he shook his head. “Noite Junior” he whispered and walked out the door. He found Molly coming back down the hall.

“I thought you went to bed?” he asked. “Dinis kicked his blanket off and woke up. Night” she said turning the doorknob of her bedroom door. “Wait” Cristiano said and she looked up. “I know” he paused. “Come on. Don’t leave me in suspense. What do you know?” she asked.

“I know it’s late and you’re tired. But….” He paused once more. “But what?” Molly asked. “Do you want to watch some TV?” he asked quickly. “Ok” she said knowing she was missing something. She knew something was bothering him. But he clearly didn’t want to tell her.

She should be pissed that he was lying to her and normally she would keep pushing him until he told her. But for some reason she thought she should just leave it. If it was really important he would tell her.

Wouldn’t he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Should he have told her the truth? What did you think of their quiet time?

Thank to realmadrid0bsessed and ak9_sh for their comments.