Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 75- Why Don't We?

“Ana” Molly said. “It’s nothing” Ana shrugged. “There’s obviously something. What is it?” Molly asked. Ana didn’t know what to do. Should she tell her that she knew the truth or should she say something else? Ana went with the latter. “You’ve been through a lot” Ana said. “What do you mean?” Molly asked. “That trouble with that guy a few weeks back. It shook you. I just wanted to know if you were ok” Ana said. “

Oh” Molly said relaxing a little. “I’m fine Ana. He’s dead so I don’t have to worry about him and I really don’t like to talk about it either” Molly said. “But I’m here if you want to talk. About anything” Ana said. “There isn’t but thanks Ana” Molly said. “What are friends for?” Ana smiled. “I’m not used to that” Molly muttered. “Used to what?” Ana asked. “Friends. It’s strange since I came here” Molly paused. “You have made more than enough to annoy you” Ana joked making Molly laugh a little. Molly tried not to think about what will happen when she leaves. How she’ll have to say goodbye to everyone. Never see them again.

“Molly” Ana said. “Sorry what were you saying?” Molly asked. “About Sunday night” Ana said and Molly groaned. “It will be fun. Just you, me, Andriea and Nagore” Ana said. “And it just so happens to be on Sunday” Molly said. “Yes and you are coming” Ana said. “Yes boss” Molly smiled.

“What are you doing?” Nuno asked and Cristiano shushed him as he stood outside the office door. “Cris” Nuno said. “Molly is in there” Cristiano whispered mobbing Junior to his other hip. “Cos she actually does something other than watch your kid” Nuno said. “With Ana. She’s in there with Ana” Cristiano said. Nuno shook his head and pushed Cris.

“What?” Cristiano asked as Nuno pushed him to walk. “Ana said she wouldn’t tell. So either you trust her or tell everyone yourself. Cos if you don’t stop freaking out then people are going to find out either way” Nuno said. “You’re right. I know you are it’s just hard ok” Cristiano said placing a kiss on his son’s head before he heard a giggle and chatter coming into the room.

“Hi Nuno” Ana smiled. She couldn’t believe that he and Cris’s family knew and let it happen. Let Cristiano take Molly’s son from her. But Ana knew she couldn’t say anything to them for fear she wouldn’t be able to stop herself from telling them exactly what she thought of everything. “Did you buy anything nice?” Molly asked Nuno. “Nope” he replied. “I knew you only went shopping to get out of the house” Molly said.

“Can you blame me? Three kids, Ronnie, his sisters, Zé. This place is a mad house” Nuno joked. “You know you’d hate it of it was too quiet. Can’t win” Molly smiled. “I’m sure Cris likes when it’s quiet. Gives him time to plan things” Ana said. “Plan to annoy Molly maybe” Nuno joked noticing the daggers Ana was giving Cristiano. “I bet. I should go see my man I suppose” Ana said. “I’ll be sure to tell him that you rushed home to see him” Molly laughed.

“He should be home by now. I’m surprised mister serious trainer is back so early. Must have been in a rush to get home” Ana said as Junior held a hand out to Molly. “Goodbye Ana” Cristiano muttered. “See you at the game tomorrow” Ana said hugging Molly goodbye. “I take it you’re coming to the game tomorrow night then” Cristiano said as Junior shifted in his grip. “Well ya. If that’s alright” Molly mumbled. “Of course. Need my good luck charm there” he smiled. “Ahm Junior like” he corrected himself. “I know” she said.

Cristiano ran through the evening in his head. He looked at his watch and calculated the timing of everything that had to happen during the night. “Hey” Molly said and he raised his head to find her walking towards the kitchen island. “Hi” he mumbled as she hopped up on one of the stools. “I thought you were going out” she said. “Huh oh ya I am soon” he replied trying not to focus on the low neckline of the bathrobe she wore.

“Try not to beat Iker too badly. Sara will have to put up with his sulking otherwise. And she might kill him if he’s too annoying which isn’t good for your team” Molly joked. “I’ll try” he shrugged. “It can’t be nice for her to deal with his sulking when he loses at poker. Trust me I know sulking footballers. Ye are a pain in the ass” Molly smirked. “One I don’t sulk, two don’t roll your eyes at me and three” he said walking so that the island was only separating them. “I have a nice ass” he winked. “Muppet” she giggled.

“Is Junior asleep?” he asked. “Out for the count. He was tired and had a big appetite” she yawned. “You’re tired yourself” he said. “Trying to tell me I look rough. Thanks Ronaldo” she said. “Oh ya totally you do” he smirked knowing she was teasing him. “I am tired though. I nearly fell asleep in the bath” she laughed. “How was your day?” he asked not thinking about her in the bath. “Fine” she shrugged. “Same boring uneventful day” he said and she sighed before nodding. “Maé should be back soon. So you don’t have to wait. I will” he said. “I’m surprised she’s around to watch the kids. Everyone seems to have plans. “Katia and Elma disappeared a while ago and Nuno and Zé are gone who knows where” Molly said crossing her legs which made the robe part a little giving him a view of her bare legs.

“Ya we are missing out on a quiet house” he said. “I’d love just to curl up on the couch with some ice cream right now” she said. “What about your girls’ night?” he asked. “It’s just dinner at Nagore’s house” Molly said. “Why don’t……” he paused. “Why don’t I what?” she asked. He took a step back to the sink and leaned his back against it. Ana would be pissed he thought. “Ronaldo I’m waiting” she said pulling her hair back.

“Why don’t we stay in?” he asked. “But what about your poker night?” she asked. “I can do that any night. So what do you say? You, me, couch and ice cream” he said. “Do I get to pick the movie?” she asked. “I guess” he smiled. “Ok you get the ice cream and I’ll get dressed” she said hopping down from the stool. “Wait” he said and she looked at him. “Don’t bother getting dressed. You pick a film and I’ll call Maé and tell her not to come back. And you can tell Ana” he said. So what if plans will be changed. Ana was pissed at him anyway he thought.

“You might want to get the door first” she said as the bell sounded. “Ya I’ll get rid of them” he muttered rushing off to answer the door. He knew that he had a better chance of getting rid of whoever stood on the other side of the door than Molly. Molly opened the press and took two bowls out.

“Oh hello Molly” she heard and her shoulders slumped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ana didn't say anything to Molly but will it stay like that? Who is the visitor?

Thanks to ak9_sh for her comments.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.