Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 79- You're Biting Your Lip

“You coming with me boy” Cristiano said to Marcosa as he rubbed his head at the top of the stairs. It was late and everyone was in bed. Well nearly everyone. Molly still hadn’t come back to the house. His mother and sisters had come back two hours ago. Cristiano had heard them as he laid next to Irina. She had fallen fast asleep after they had made up for lost time but he had laid awake looking up at the ceiling.

He was pouring himself a glass of milk when he heard footsteps coming down the hall. He flicked the light on and saw her jump. “Sorry I didn’t mean to frighten you” he said. “It’s fine” Molly said picking the coat she had dropped from the floor. “I wasn’t expecting anyone to be up” she said. “I wanted a drink” he said holding up the glass before taking a sip.

“You made the most of your night” he said wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. “I didn’t realize how late or early it was” Molly said. “You were enjoying yourself. That’s aloud. Wait did you walk back by yourself?” he asked cursing Nuno and Sergio for letting her leave on her own in the middle of the night.

“Nuno and I walked with Ana and Pepe to their house. He’s outside on the phone” Molly said. “He should be thankful you’re not trying to find out about the girl on the other end of the line” Cristiano said. “That’s what tomorrow is for” Molly smirked. “Anything happen after I left?” he asked. “You missed Marcelo singing. You were lucky you left early” Molly said. “I hadn’t planned on leaving. Irina was tired” he said. “Well she did-

Fly across the world. Ya I know” Cristiano said. Irina had told him enough times. “I should get to bed” Molly said. “You must be tired after all you’re dancing” Cristiano said walking around the kitchen island. “Everyone wanted to dance. And with me” she said. “Who wouldn’t want to dance with the beautiful birthday girl of the hour” Cristiano said. “Not everyone” she muttered and the coat fell from her hands. “I’ve got it” he said quickly stepping forward to pick the coat up before placing it on the nearby stool. Now she had nothing in her hands he could see her hands fumbling.

“Ahm notie” Molly said shaking her head as she turned. Marcosa who had been walking around Molly’s feet brushed off her leg and she stumbled backwards and fell into Cristiano waiting arms. “You ok?” he asked. “Ya” she replied as he settled her back onto her feet. “I swear Marcosa just wants me to fall on my ass” she said. “Just as well then that I’m always here to catch you then” he said.

“I should…..” she stuttered. “Maybe you should take the shoes off before you take the stairs” he said. “Ya that might be a good idea” she said lifting her right leg to unclip the shoe. “I’ve been looking forward to taking them off the past hour” she said wavering. Cristaino placed one hand on her hip and the other on her shoulder. “Don’t want you to topple over” he said when she looked up at him.

“Why do women wear them if they hurt?” he asked. “Ever hear the saying pain before beauty” she said. “You already have enough beauty” he said and she stumbled once more but he held her up. “Better?” he asked taking the shoes from her. “Much. What are you doing?” she asked as he placed the shoes on the coat. “I never wished the birthday girl a happy birthday” he said. “It’s fine” she said. “It’s not. So how about a birthday hug?” he asked.

“You don’t have” she said as she felt his arms go around her back and pull her close yo him. She instinctively wrapped her own arms around him and rested the side of her head against his bare chest. “Happy birthday Mols” he whispered as he stroked her hair.

“I hope you had a lovely day” he said. Molly lifted her head and looked up at him. “Thank you for the party” she said. “I…It wasn’t me” he stammered. “Thank you for planning it. You didn’t have to” she said. “Who told you?” he asked knowing there was no point in denying anything. “Marcelo let it slip” she said. “Big mouth” he muttered annoyed.

“You thought I forgot” he said. “No” she lied trying to take a step back but he held her firmly in her place. “Yes you did” he said lifting her chin up. “Fine I did ok” she snapped. How the hell was she supposed to react? She had believed that he hadn’t remembered the whole day and then she finds out that he planned a party for her.

“I don’t blame you for thinking that I forgot. I haven’t exactly done anything to make you think differently. But I did promise things were going to change. And me not thinking about myself all the time is one of those things” he said moving his thumb in circles on her bare back. “The food, the people. Everything was wonderful. You didn’t have to do that” she said. “You deserved it” he said. “I doubt that” she shrugged.

“Molly” he said. “No one has ever done that for me before” she whispered. “No one has surprised you. Now I can think of a couple of times that you’ve been surprised” he smiled. “No one has ever giving me a birthday party” she whispered. “What?” he asked. “It doesn’t matter” she said. “You’ve never had a birthday party before?” he asked. “No” she said. “But surely you had one when you were a kid?” he asked. “I don’t want to talk about this” she said trying to move back from him.

“You look gorgeous tonight” he said changing the subject. He’d save the party conversation for another day. “Ana and Anderia bought it for me. It’s gorgeous” she said running a hand over the dress. “No” he said lifting her chin. “The dress is nice. You make it gorgeous” he said as he let his fingers run up and down her back. He smiled when he felt her shiver. “That’s not true” she stuttered. “It’s very true. You look gorgeous. Everyone said so. The dress brings out the sparkles in your eyes. All eyes were on you” he said as his right hand brushed along her arm.

“Cristiano” she whispered. “Every man's eyes were on you. You drive every man crazy” he said. “Cristiano” she whispered. “You don’t know the effect you have on people” he said and he knew exactly the moment she realized the effect been this close to her was having on him. Molly’s knees were shaking. Her body shivered as his finger touched her skin. As she felt him. Felt his…She bit her lip. Trying not to remember. To remember.

“I thought we did enough of things to stop you from blushing” he said stroking her rosy cheek. “I…I…” she stammered pulling back and making ti turn. He caught her arm and pulled her back sending her crashing against his bare chest. Their breathing deepen and slowed as his fingers moved up and down her back.

“Every time I looked at you tonight someone was giving you a kiss” he said and he saw he swallow and bite her lip. “Customery I guess” she whispered. He had watched all night as people hugged her. Danced with her. Touched her. Now she was in his arms. Now that he was holding her, he didn’t want to stop.

“Once maybe but some looked for two. Now that’s just plain greedy” he said. “Maybe” she said. “And I didn’t even get one” he whispered and her head snapped up and their eyes met.

He slid his hand up her waist, brushed off her shoulder and gently rubbed the side of her neck with his thumb. He watched as her eyes shut as she titled her head as his thumb moved slowly. “What…” she asked as he lifted his finger from her neck and moved his hand to her hair. “Sssh” he whispered finding the clip that held her hair in place. His fingers shook as he pulled it out and left it drop to the floor. Her eyes followed the clip but the feeling of his fingers running through her brought her attention to his face.

“I always did like your hair like this” he smiled as he ran his finger through her loose hair. Each stroke sent Molly’s heart racing faster. “I liked seeing you smile tonight” he smiled resting one arm around her waist so his fingers could stroke her back, whilst moving his other hand along her jaw line. “I’m sorry I haven’t giving you much to smile about lately” he said brushing her skin. Molly opened her mouth to speak but closed it again. “You’re so pretty when you smile” he whispered. “When you blush” he smiled brushing a finger over her rosy cheeks.

“Cristiano” she whispered. “Sssh” he whispered leaning his head forward. He placed a kiss on her forehead and Molly left out the breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding. Cristiano tilted his head back and looked down at her closed eyes. He ran his thumb along her bottom lip and her eyes flew open.

She couldn’t speak. She opened her mouth to speak but no words would come out. He watched as she closed her mouth, licked her bottom lip. He held his breath as her tongue darted out along her lip and bit her lip with her teeth. He wrapped his other hand around her waist and pulled her abruptly to him. He rested his head against her forehead and sighed. “You’re biting your lip” he whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead.

“Do you know…..” he stuttered as he brushed a kiss just under her eye. “You” he whispered brushing a kiss on her cheek as his right hand moved to her her and cupped the back of her neck. Their hearts were beating fast. She could feel the tiny stubble's of his beard against her cheek before the touch of his lips on her cheek once more. She let out a gasp when he placed a kissed just at the side of her mouth. His lips brushing slightly on part of her lip. He lifted his head and stared down at her. Stared into her hazel eyes.

“Happy birthday Mols” he whispered before leaning closer.

“I want it that way” singing came from the hallway and both Molly and Cristiano jumped. He dropped his hands from her. “Tell me why” Nuno sang as he came into the kitchen. “Oh hey” he said surprised to find people in the room. “I thought you were going to bed” he said to Molly as she bent down to pick up the hair clip. “Ya..I was.. I’m going” she stuttered as Nuno looked between his cousin and Molly. “Noite” she said grabbing her coat and shoes before quickly running out of the room.

“What are you doing up?” Nuno asked Cristiano who had his back to his cousin. “Drink” Cristiano muttered picking up the glass of milk and finishing it as he hid behind the kitchen island. “Goodnight” Nuno said shaking his head. It was too late to even try and figure out what had happened in the room before he had entered.

“Night” Cristiano said and turned to watch Nuno leave. Cristiano rested his hands out straight so he was lying on it. “Shit” he said banging his fist against the counter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So was it worth the wait? and do you want to kill me? lol.

Ok so I spent a bit of time on this chapter trying to get it right so I would love to hear your views.

Thanks to realmadrid0bsessed and ak9_sh for their lovely comments.

Remember to comment, recommend and subscribe.