Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 84- Take The Credit

“I think the words you are looking for are oh shit” Molly said. “Oh shit. Look I’m sorry I..” he stammered. “You didn’t mean to insult someone you don’t know. Especially one you need to interview for your bosses” Molly said.

“Shit” he cursed. “I’m sure he’ll love to do your interview since you hold him in such high regard” Molly said. “I do. I mean like he’s an amazing footballer. I mean…Shit” Luke said. “He’s also a complete poser and muppet” Molly smiled and Luke sighed in relief. “So you’re not going to tell him what I said?” Luke asked. “Please like you’re the first person to say that about him. But maybe you should be careful what you say about people in future” Molly said. “Ya some people say I have a big mouth at times” Luke said. “Why people say that about me too” Molly smirked.

“So you’re not going to tell him?” Luke asked again. “Tell him what?” she smiled. “Thank you” he said. “Just be more careful in the future” she said. “So if you’re his nanny, then where is his brat?” Luke asked. “Calling Ronaldo a poser won’t lose you your interview but if you want to know why people don’t like me angry then don’t ever call his son a brat” Molly snapped.

“I’m sorry. Really I am. I didn’t mean…Jezz I wonder does anyone have a shovel around here to help me dig the hole I’m digging for myself” Luke said looking around. “I doubt any of the people here know what a shovel looks like” she said and he laughed. “Sorry again” he said. “I’m sorry for snapping too. It’s just…..” she stuttered. “I don’t know Ronaldo or his child” he said. “Exactly” she nodded.

“So where is the baby?” he asked. “Oh I left next door. I think” Molly said and Luke stared at her open mouthed. “I’m kidding. Obviously I’m kidding. No today I’m babysitting senior Ronaldo instead of Junior” she said. “Ok” he said confused. “I’m doing his agent a favour” she said. “You work for Mendes too?” he asked. “I used to. Sort of. Kind of. Sometimes” she said.

“That sounds complicated” he laughed. “You don’t know the half of it” she sighed. “Sounds like there’s a story there” he said. “No” she snapped. “I mean there’s no story. I lived in Lisbon for a bit. Did a little work for Jorge. And now I’m a nanny for one of his clients” she said. “Sounds like you’ve had an interesting time” Luke said. “Ya interesting could be used to describe things” she said. “Wait your Molly” Luke said and she laughed. “Yes I did introduce myself” she said.

“Oh I know that. I mean you’re the Molly mentioned in my email from Mendes” he said. “Ya that’s me I guess” she said. “Interesting” he said. “What?” she asked. “He said you were good at your job. And I guess he was right” he said. “And how do you know that?” she asked. “Well I’m late cos these things are never on time. But if I waited any longer I would have missed everything. You have to be good to have made this run so smoothly” Luke said. “It wasn’t me. I just spoke with the photographer and stylists. I didn’t do anything” she said. “And managed to keep a bunch of” he paused. “Well done” she smiled patting him on the arm. “You thought before you spoke. Which is just as well as I actually like those players” she said. “But seriously I spoke with one of the assistants and she said everything went really well” he said. “That’s all that matters then” she said. “I guess” he smiled at her.

“What?” she asked when she caught him staring at her. “Like I said I’ve just come off a flight so I’m not fully with it” he said. “Does that mean you’re about to insult some more people and get yourself into trouble?” she smirked. “I hope not. But no what I meant is. Well you’re not from here. Are you?” he asked. “Aww shucks” she said clicking her fingers. “What gave me away? The lack of a Spanish accent or the pale skin” she smiled. “You’re skin doesn’t look that pale to me” he said brushing a finger along her arm. “Guess I’m one of those brits who tans easily” she said. “Oh a Brit just like me” he said. “Ya I figured that. The accent” she laughed. “Where are you from?” he asked. “Manchester” she said. “No way. That’s where I’m from” he said.

“Mols” a voice said and both Molly and Luke looked up to see Cristiano standing in front of them. “Hey. Are you finished?” Molly asked. “Last few shots after a quick change” he said. “That was quick” she said. “They do have a top model to work with” he winked and Luke let out a snort. “Hola” Cristiano said to the man he had seen Molly speaking to. “Cristiano this is Luke. He’s going to be interviewing you next week for GQ. Luke this is Cristiano” Molly said introducing the two men

. “Nice to meet you” Luke said holding his hand out to the footballer. Cristiano stared at the man before shaking the hand. “If you’re not interviewing us now. Why are you here?” Cristiano asked. “Ronaldo” Molly said at Cristiano’s rudeness. “Sorry I didn’t mean to sound rude. I was just…” Cristiano stuttered. “Wondering why I would want to be crashing a boring shoot” Luke said. “You know these things pretty well then” Cristiano said.

“I tend to drop by so I can talk about the shoot in my piece but unlike normal shoots, this one is running ahead of schedule” Luke said smiling at Molly. “Guess they need more bossy boots around” Cristiano said smiling Molly making her laugh. “Damn I wish I was wearing boots today then I could have made a good joke” she said. And both men’s eyes went to her long bare legs and her feet in the red sandals.

“So are we ready?” the photographer’s assistant asked coming towards them. “Almost” Cristiano said and she nodded. “You know the sooner you go the sooner it will be over” Molly said. “Can you help me with this?” he asked holding a tie in his hand. “And then you can get back to posing” she said taking the tie from him. “I don’t pose” he smirked and Luke let out another snort making Cristiano look at him. “And I’m not bossy” she smirked back. “Now all done. You go finish. So we can get out of here” she said. “And we can chat about England” Luke said. “Oh my God. Luke is from Manchester too. Isn’t that crazy?” Molly said to Cristiano. “Crazy ya” he said. “It was nice meeting you” Luke said to Cristiano. “I’ll be seeing you again” Cristiano said walking away.

Molly and Luke didn’t get to talk anymore as he was called away and she had to reply emails. “Finally done” Cristiano sighed sitting in a make-up chair opposite Molly. “Thank God” she said. “Didn’t like watching us hot fellas all day” he smirked. “Ah once the Spanish were gone it was pretty boring” she said. “Let’s go” he said standing. “You’re pouting” she said standing. “Am not” he said. “Are two” she said.

“Am not” he said. “Yes you are” she said. “Oh shut up and let’s get home” he said wrapping his arm around her shoulders. “Yes I’m fit to burst” she said. “How much of the snacks did you eat today?” he asked as they waved goodbye to everyone. “Nothing actually” she said. “Ya right” he scoffed. “I didn’t I swear. I was too busy making sure all of you lot were ready and in front of the camera” she said. “Really” he said stopping. “Yes. Now let’s go. I need to express. My breasts are killing me” she said. “Oh” he said trying and failing not to look at her chest. “Eyes are up here Ronaldo” she said smacking him.

“Come on. We’ll be in time to give Junior his bath” he said as they strolled down the hallway of the hotel. “He had fun with Dolores. Or she had fun with him anyway. She sent me pics” Molly said searching her bag for her phone. “You guys finished?” a voice asked and Molly looked up to find Luke walking towards them. “Ya we are just going home” Cristiano said placing a hand on Molly’s shoulder. “What about you? You must be really tired now after your long flight” she said to Luke. “I’ll get to my bed soon” he smiled. “Well have a nice sleep. Let’s go Mols” Cristiano.

“See you next week Cristiano” Luke said and Cristiano nodded. “Nice meeting you Molly” Luke smiled at her. “You two. Hope you’re less bitchy after your sleep” she smiled remembering their conversation. “Maybe you can find out sometime” he said. “Molly” Cristiano said. “He wants to see his son” Molly said feeling like it was necessary to explain why Cristiano was being rude. “So do you” Cristiano said to Molly. “I better go myself” Luke said walking past the pair. Molly gave a quick look over her shoulder before Cristiano pulled forward.

“Thank you” Cristiano said as he drove the car. “Why are you thanking me?” she asked as she replied to Jorge’s text message. “For getting the shoot over so quickly” he said. “That had nothing to do with me” she said. “Don’t do that” he said flicking his eyes over to her. “Do what?” she asked placing her hands in her lap. “Avoid taking the credit. Act like you didn’t do anything. Molly what you did today was brilliant. Take the god damn credit when you deserve it” he said. “I guess I did control the shoot effectively today” she said. “Bossy boots strikes again” he said squeezing her thigh. “Muppet” she said looking out the window as he drove. The whole time stroking his thumb over her thigh.

“Finally back” he said switching of the car. “Thankfully” she said unbuckling her seat belt. “Look who are home in time to give you your bath Junior” Dolores smiled as she held her grandson in her arms as Molly and Cristiano came into view. “Hello” Molly smiled rushing to take Junior in her arms. Molly placed a kiss on his head as she held him. Cristiano watched her smiling face and his son’s giggling. “Did you have a good afternoon?” Dolores asked. “Well the team are all in one peace. So they did well” Molly joked. “It went smoothly” Cristiano said. “Now they only have their interview next week” Molly said and Cristiano groaned. “It will take like five minutes of your time. Plus the interviewer seems really nice” Molly smiled. “To some people” Cristiano muttered.

“What would you like for dinner?” Dolores asked. “Anything is fine Dolores. I’ll be down to help in a little bit” Molly said. “Oh there’s no need” Dolores said. “I want to help” Molly said walking over to Cristiano. “Now why doesn’t Papa give you your bath and….” Molly said placing Junior in his father’s arms. “And you go express before you burst” Cristiano smirked. “Go upstairs the both of you” Dolores laughed. “I hope he pees on you for saying that in front of your mother” Molly said. “Hey don’t say that” Cristiano said as he followed Molly out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ak9_sh and realmadrid0bsessed for their comments.