Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 91- In Need Of A Pep Talk

"Hey you're out here early" Pepe said as he came to stand by Cristiano who was lining up the ball to take another free kick on the training pitch. "Well your woman came to annoy Molly this morning and managed to annoy me at the same time" Cristiano said kicking the ball hard into the empty net.

"She was just curious to know how Molly got on last night. And I hope Molly isn't as grumpy as you are today" Pepe said. "I'm not grumpy. I just like a bit of peace and quiet at breakfast" Cristiano said lining up another ball. "So how did Molly get on last night?" Pepe asked. "Ask Ana. She was getting all the details when I left" Cristiano snapped. "Cris" Pepe said. "Fine. She got on fine I guess" Cristiano shrugged. "That's good. Isn't it? Like it would be worse if she came back upset" Pepe said. "Ya I guess" Cristiano said trying not to think of all the bad things that could have happened to Molly while she was out. "Hola" Iker said walking towards the two men with Sergio at his side.

"Oh great" Cristiano muttered knowing Sergio was coming full with questions. "Mana" Pepe said. "Just a heads up he's grumpy cos my missus after at his early to annoy Molly about her date last night" Pepe told the Spaniards. "I'm not grumpy" Cristiano snapped kicking the ball. "So how did Molly's date go?" Sergio asked. "Why don't you ask her yourself" Cristiano said. "She had a good time apparently" Pepe said. "Good good" Sergio nodded. "What he means is Molly going to see the guy again?" Iker asked.

"Who knows. Are we training or what" Cristiano said running over to the rest of the team. "Why is he so grumpy?" Iker asked. "I have no idea" Pepe sighed shaking his head at Cristiano. "I hope you are taking it easy for the rest of the day. You really went for it today" Pepe said as he pulled off his boots sat next to Cristiano in the changing room after training had finished. "I'm going for lunch with Irina. And then shopping. Apparently I owe her since we didn't go out last night so Molly could" Cristiano muttered resting his elbows on his knees. "Hey mate don't let all the questions about Molly's new guy annoy you. Ana and Sergio are just curious cos they care about Mols. We all do" Pepe said.

"Well you know what curiosity lead for the cat. And she's being on one date with him. That doesn't make him her guy" Cristiano snapped. "And would there be anything wrong with him being her guy?" Pepe asked. "She barely knows him" Cristiano said. "Well she's trying to get to know him. Look Cris I know she's your friend and like us all your protective of her but Molly will do what she wants. She's entitled to. So don't be an ass to Molly cos it will bite you in the ass if you are. And none of us needs the two of you fighting" Pepe said. "I don't like fighting with her either" Cristiano sighed knowing his friend was right.

"You going to get that?" Pepe asked when the Cristiano's phone which was laying on the bench between the two men buzzed. "It's probable Irina telling me what she wants" Cristiano groaned as he moved to pick the phone up. "What did she say?" Pepe asked when Cristiano smiled. "It's not her" Cristiano replied. "Who is it?" Pepe asked wondering what had his friend smiling all of a sudden. "Molly" Cristiano replied. "Oh" Pepe said. "She sent a picture of Junior" Cristiano said showing him the phone. "Cute. He always makes you smile" Pepe said. "Always" Cristiano smiled as he gazed at the picture Molly had taken. Junior in his buggy with Molly leaning next to him both making faces at the camera. "Junior making duck faces while feeding the ducks" the caption read.

“Cristiano. Are you listening to me?” Irina asked. “Huh” he said looking up from the chair where he sat. “I asked if you were listening to me but clearly I know the answer” she pouted with her arms crossed opposite him. “I’m sorry Irina. What were you saying?” he asked. “It’s clearly not important” she huffed and went back to looking through the rails in the shop. “Irina” he said walking behind her. “I’m clearly not important enough for you to listen. Or even pretend to listen to” she pouted. “Babe, I’m sorry. I just had a tough training session. I guess the tiredness is starting to hit me now” he said wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Maybe if Molly did her job and didn’t swan off with men then you wouldn’t have be up with Junior last night and wouldn’t be as tired” she snapped. He sighed. “He’s my son. And she isn’t at my beck and call” he sighed. “You pay her. Therefore she should be” she said. “Irina” Cristiano said and the model turned to face him. “I just want to spend time with my gorgeous boyfriend before I head to London in a few days” she pouted. “And I want to spend time with you” he said kissing her lips quickly.

“I know there’s a but coming so say it already” she said. “But I do have a lot of stuff going on at the moment. Like the up coming match. I don’t mean to ignore you” he said. “How about you, me and Junior do something tomorrow once you come back from training” she said. “I would love that. That’s a great idea” he smiled. “I know” she smiled. If it meant his attention was on her for most of the time, then she’d deal with having to share his attention with his brat for the afternoon. “Maybe we can take him swimming?” Cristiano suggested and Irina made a face. “Or maybe not. I’ll think of something. Molly might know something we can do” he said.

“Jezz she doesn’t know everything. Can I go five minutes without her name being mentioned” Irina said pushing Cristiano’s arms away. “Babe” he said catching her hand. “I don’t get why everyone is so opposed with her. She’s just the nanny” Irina snapped. “And she spends more time with my son then anyone. I already feel like I’m a shit father by not knowing everything about me. I hate having to ask Molly everything too” he said. “I’m sure we can think of something. Although what we can do with a baby I don’t know. Maybe watch a movie. He can stay in your arms” she shrugged. “We’ll see” he said. “Come on I saw a dress you can buy me” she said pulling him to the left. Molly was fixing her hair when there was a knock on the door.

“Come in” she called out. “Hey” Cristiano said resting his shoulder against the door frame. “Hi” she said. “Junior wanted to know if you wanted to go swimming with us before dinner” he said smiling at his son in his arms. “I’m heading out. But I’m sure you two will have fun. You can show Irina how good he is in the water” Molly said. “She’s not coming with us. Couldn’t have her getting her hair wet now could she” he muttered making Molly raise her eyebrows at him. “Well her hair is nice” she said. “You have beautiful hair too” he said. “Thanks” she smiled picking up her purse. “You look nice” he said admiring the red skirt and cream blouse she wore. “Thank you” she smiled. “I didn’t know you were going somewhere” he said.

“Well now that you are home and taking all of Junior’s attention, I thought I could leave you too it” she said. “Oh” he said. “That’s ok. Isn’t it?” she asked. “Ya of course. You don’t need my permission” he said. “I know I don’t need your permission. Never have nor never will. But there’s no harm in being considerate” she said. “True” he said.

“I better go” she said looking at her watch. She grabbed her black coat from the bed and headed to the door. “I’ll be back to give him his night feed and put him to bed” she said. “Ok” he said as they headed to the stairs. “He’ll probably be hungry after his fun with papa” she said taking the stairs carefully in her ankle boots. “Did he have fun with the ducks?” he asked. “Ya he did. I think. It was somewhere to go. I couldn’t resist the picture. He looked so cute” she laughed. “Ya he did. Thanks for sending the picture” he said. “Your welcome. Maybe you can take him next time” she said.

“Ya maybe” he sighed. “Hey you’re a great father Cristiano. Just because you can’t spend every single minute with him doesn’t make you any less of a father than anyone else” Molly said. “I guess you’re right” he said. “Well duh of course I am” she smiled and he laughed. “I better go. Have a nice swim” she said once they reached the bottom of the stairs. “Hey wait” he called out and she turned to face him.

“Where are you going?” he asked. “Molly’s got herself another date” Nuno smiled from the couch. “With Luke not another guy” Ricky said. “Ricky” Molly groaned. “What didn’t want any confusion” he smirked. “Maybe you should take the other children swimming also” Molly said to Cristiano gesturing to the two men. “Ya maybe” he mumbled. “You are going into the indoor pool right?” Molly asked. “Yes. It’s too cold for outside” he replied. “Just checking. Ok bye. See you all later” she said heading down the hallway. “She seemed happy” Ricky said. “Ya it’s nice” Nuno said. “I’ll be in the pool” Cristiano mumbled before sulking off with his son.

“So do you think I’ll get a third dinner in a row tomorrow?” Luke asked as he and Molly read their menus. “We haven’t even finished this one” she laughed. “I like to be prepared” he smiled. “I’ll see” she replied. “Better than a maybe” he said. “Hey my maybes have worked well for you already” she said. “That’s true” he said placing his arm at the back of the booth where they sat. “So” he said. “So what?” she asked turning her head to look at him.

“Nothing. Let’s see what we should order” he said. “No come on tell me what you were going to say” she said. “If I said that I really wanted to kiss you right now and asked if you would object to the idea would you say no or maybe?” he asked and Molly took a deep breath. “I would say yes” she said. “Yes you would object or yes to me kissing you?” he asked confused. “Luke will you just kiss me already. If you still want

And Molly didn’t get to finish her sentence as Luke crashed his lips against hers. “That answer your question?” he asked when the parted and she nodded. “Good” he smiled and the waiter coughed making them jump in their seats. “Oh sorry. What can I say I don’t find Manchester girls around here. Have to make sure I catch them when I can” Luke joked with the unamused waiter and Molly giggled embarrassed.

"Hey Mols" Ricky said as he met her on the stairs when she arrived back from her date. "Hey Ricky" she smiled. "Good night?" he asked. "Very" she smiled. "Oh really. How good?" he smirked. "I have a baby to feed and put to bed Ricky so I'm just going to ignore what ever you are implying" she smirked and he laughed as he continued to walk up the stairs.

"Hey" she said when she found Cristiano coming out of Junior's bathroom with his son in his arms. "Hi" he smiled. "He looks happy" she smiled at Junior who was cuddled into Cristiano's chest. "Here" he said handing him to Molly who laughed once she saw Cristiano's wet shirt. "You know it's the baby who is meant to have the bath not you" she joked. "I might need a supervisor again. He seems to behave when you are watching over us" he said. "He just wants to annoy his papa" Molly said walking over to the rocking chair. "Did you have a nice night?" Cristiano asked as she settled Junior on her breast. "Ya it was fun" she smiled stroking Junior's cheek. He remembered what Pepe had said. "That's good. You deserve to have fun" he said as he watched her feed his son. He just hoped Luke wouldn't be part of her fun for much longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will the pep talk from Pepe help Cristiano? What is Irina up to? And why isn'y she reassuring Cristiano about his father skills.

Thanks to ak9_sh and deeronaldo for their comments.

Hope another chapter so soon helps with all the bad feelings about Luke. Just trust me people. xxxxx