Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 94- If You Go Down To The Lake Today

“When does Katia get here?” Cristiano asked Dolores over the phone. Dolores had left for Madeira and it was only himself and Molly in the house. Which normally would be great but Molly had being so quiet since Sunday night. “Not for another few days” Dolores said and he sighed. “Cristiano your sister isn’t going to make Molly suddenly less sad” Dolores said.

“But she might know what to say. I don’t know what to say. Oh sorry the baby you had that you were meant to have nothing to do with but ended up staying and breastfeeding him now doesn’t require you for that anymore” he said. He had read on the internet that some women find it hard when they give up breastfeeding. He didn’t even want to know what she was thinking. He couldn’t let himself think what she may be thinking. “Well since I like having you as a son I wouldn’t advise you saying that to her” Dolores said. “Maé” he said. “Just don’t annoy her. I better go. Give Junior a kiss from me” Dolores said and hung up. He headed downstairs and found Molly sitting on the couch with Junior.

“Hey” he said and she lifted her eyes from Junior to Cristiano. “Hi” she said. “He’s asleep early” he said taking a seat next to her. “He must be tired” Molly said yawning. “He isn’t the only one. Did you get much sleep last night?” he asked. “I’m fine Cristiano” she said. “Molly” he said. “Please. I don’t want to talk” she said. “Let’s watch some TV then” he said grabbing the remote. He wrapped his arm around her, placed a kiss on her head. They both knew things were changing.

“I swear that guy texts her too much” Sergio said as he followed Cristiano towards the front door a couple of days later. “You’ve said” Cristiano replied as he opened his front door. He had been listening to Sergio complain about Luke all morning. He had asked Sergio and Pepe over last thinking it might cheer Molly up. It had sort of. Well she wasn’t as down as she had been. But that might be down to Luke who had kept texting her the entire night.

“I just don’t think he needs to be that needy” Sergio said as they walked down the hallway. “Wow” Sergio said when he slammed into Cristiano’s back. He looked around Cristiano to find Luke standing in the room with Junior in his arms. “Why do you have my son?” Cristiano asked. The sight of the man holding his son made him…made him….

“Ah Molly had to check something in the office and he started to cry” Luke stuttered as Cristiano took his son. She left him alone with a stranger. What the hell was she thinking? “Molly” Cristiano roared. “Hello” Sergio said being polite. “Nice to see you again. Good training session?” Luke asked as Cristiano glared at the English man. “Ya really good. Should be a good game at the weekend” Sergio replied.

“Stupid annoying urgh” Molly huffed as she stormed back into the kitchen. “Where were you?” Cristiano asked. “Ronaldo I’ve just had one Portuguese ass annoying me, if you don’t want my boot shoved up your ass keep your mouth shut” Molly snapped and Luke laughed. “You’re cute when you’re angry” he said. “I’m annoyed not angry” she sighed.

“Hey Mols” Sergio smiled. “Hi Sergio” she said moving to give him a hug. “Everything ok?” he asked. “Ya sorry. Jorge is just annoying me. I swear he thinks I still work for him at times” Molly said. “That’s cos you seem to do a lot for him” Cristiano said. “You’re back late” she said. “So. You’re here to watch Junior” he said. “I know. I just meant…Never mind” she said. “I should head or I’ll miss my flight” Luke said. “Going anywhere nice?” Sergio asked. “He’s going to Paris for a few days. He just came to say goodbye” Molly smiled at Luke.

“Sick of Madrid already Luke” Cristiano asked. “Madrid has gotten better lately” Luke smiled looking at Molly and Cristiano glared at him. “I’m interviewing someone for the magazine. And I really should go” he said looking at his watch. “Call me when you land” Molly said. “I will. And maybe when I get back we can have dinner?” he asked. “Sounds lovely” she smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “Dinner? You and me at my place. I’ll make you a surprise” he smiled. “Sounds even better” she smiled and he leaned down to kiss her.

“You’re going to miss your flight” Cristiano snapped and Molly pulled away from Luke. “Ya he’s right. Stay where you are. I’ll see you soon” Luke said to Molly before giving her a quick kiss and rushing out of the room. Cristiano watched as Molly smiled to herself. “Wow he can cook. Anything he can’t do?” Sergio groaned. “I’m not sure” Molly smiled and bit her lip.

“He can stay away from my son” Cristiano snapped and Molly frowned. “I was gone a minute Ronaldo” Molly said. “He’s a stranger” Cristiano said. “He’s my boyfriend” she replied and Cristiano’s stomach dropped at her words. “Well I don’t know him” Cristiano said. “Well then make more of an effort” she said as Junior began to cry. “He needs his nappy changed” Molly said holding her arms out. He handed over Junior and watched her leave.

“Boyfriend” Sergio said and Cristiano looked at him. “He’s her boyfriend. When did that happen?” Sergio asked and Cristiano shrugged. He had heard Irina use the word and a couple of others. But hearing Molly say it. He leaned against the sink. “I don’t like him” Sergio said and Cristiano raised an eyebrow at him. “I just..there’s something. He’s taking all her attention” Sergio huffed.

Cristiano rolled his eyes at how childish Sergio sounded. But he was right about one thing. Luke had been taking a lot of Molly’s attention since she had met him. She was always around and would hardly ever be away from Junior. But since Luke has been around she’s been agreeing to Dolores watching him. Or going out after Junior was in bed. He thought back to her smile only moments ago. She didn’t look like the upset girl he had seen the past couple of days. Maybe Irina was right he thought.

The next day Cristiano found Molly sitting on a stool in the kitchen with a pen in her hand. “Are you drawing?” he asked and she jumped. “Sorry” he said. “I didn’t hear you come in” she said. “You must be too focused” he said. “It’s just some stuff for Jorge. You’ve got a pretty busy few days in store. And apparently so do I” she sighed. “I thought he was coming” Cristiano said. “Why bother when I’m here? No he has a meeting that he can’t get out of. Just as well Katia is coming soon. She can help watch Junior while I’m out with you” Molly said. “Where is Junior?” he asked. “In his bounce seat. He won’t go down for a nap. I’ve already fed him though. Sorry he was hungry” she said.

“It’s fine” he said walking over to his son and bit his lip when pain shot through his ribs. “Did you have a nice day at training?” Molly asked a little confused as to why he hadn’t bent down to pick up Junior instead took a seat on the couch. “Ya it was fine” he said. “Why don’t you relax a little. I’ll go put these stuff away. Enjoy the peace and quiet before Katia and everyone come” Molly joked.

“Let’s go for a walk” he said. He needed to get out of the house. “I.” she said. “It might help Junior sleep” he said. Her phone beeped and she smiled when she saw the message. “Oh Luke is back from Paris” she said. He sighed. “You go see him and I’ll stay here” Cristiano said. “Really?” Molly asked. “Yup” he said staring at Junior. “He should finish up his work stuff first. I’ll see him later. You get the buggy and I’ll grab Junior a coat” Molly said replying to Luke.

“Ok” he said standing and hissed making Molly frown. “Go get the coat” he said to her and she nodded. Molly groaned as she looked down at a wide awake Junior in his buggy. “He’s going to be tired later if he doesn’t have a nap” Molly said as she held Marcosa’s led as she walked next to Cristiano who pushed Junior’s buggy down the street. “Maybe he’s not tired” Cristiano said. “Or maybe he’s just trying to annoy me like everyone else” she muttered as she twisted the led in her hand. Cristiano had insisted on bringing the dog with them. He even suggested they bring a snack with them. So there they were walking with a buggy and a dog with a little picnic.

“Where are we even going?” she asked wondering why Cristiano was in such a mood for a walk suddenly. “I thought we’d go down by the lake. It looked like you and Junior had fun there the other day” he said. “Oh” she moaned stopping. “What’s the matter?” he asked stopping. “If I knew we were going there I would have brought some bread for the ducks” she said. “I did” he smiled.

“Look at you wanting to get one with nature. Normally you just want to sleep or hang out with Irina after training” she said starting to walk once more. “I felt like a change today” he shrugged. “Look Junior” Molly said bending down to his level when they reached the lake. “Look at the duckies” Molly said pointing her finger towards the lake as the baby giggled. “So much for this walk helping him sleep” she smirked looking up at Cristiano.

“He wants to have fun with us instead” he said pulling out a blanket from the bag around the handles of the buggy. “I thought we could sit down for a bit” he shrugged when he saw Molly eyeing him. “Ok” she said taking the blanket from him and threw it out on the grass. “The fresh air might make him sleepily” Molly said taking a seat on the blanket.

“Want some grapes?” he asked. “Wow we really making this into a picnic aren’t we” she laughed. “Beats staring at the walls at home” he said slowly taking a seat on the blanket. “Or you’re just bored. Guess you got used to Irina been around” she said taking a bite out of a grape. “You seem more like yourself” he said taking a grape from the bunch he had brought. “I’m always myself” she said. “You haven’t really. Not since the other night” he said. “He’s getting bigger. It was always going to happen. I wasn’t going to breastfeed him forever” she said her eyes looking out on the lake. “I know but

“There’s no buts Ronaldo. He’s started to eat solids. He’s trying to roll. He’ll be trying to walk and talk soon. He’s getting bigger” she said. He’s needing her less and less the thought simultaneously. “I know but…. “Let’s go feed the duckies Junior” she said abruptly and stood. “You coming?” she asked as she unblocked Junior. “You too go ahead” he said as she carried Junior on her hip.

He watched her as she got Junior to attempt throwing some bead into the lake. He was bigger. The reason she was here was to breastfeed him and mind him until he got bigger. He remembered back to the day Ana found out the truth. She had asked when was the day. When would he be big enough for her to leave? She would leave. And by leave he knew she would leave the country and stop all contact with everyone. His phoned beeped and he read the message from Irina. "I found one" it read. He heard Molly laugh and looked away from his phone and smiled as Junior giggled in her arms. He switched the message to his camera and took a couple of snaps.

“Ok now your child is just being stubborn” Molly said walking back to the blanket. “You’re the one who is bouncing him around instead of trying to get him to sleep” he said. “Hello you can’t bring him here and not feed the ducks” she said and he laughed. “Of course what was I thinking” he smiled and she placed Junior back into his buggy.

“So are you all ready for your photoshoot in a few days?” Molly asked sitting back down onto the blanket. “I guess” he shrugged. “I’m getting tired of them too” she said leaning back on her elbows. “You like helping Jorge though?” he asked. “Ya I do most of the time. Not sure if I want to keep filling in for him always though” she said staring out at the lake. “What do you want to do?” he asked wincing a little as he leaned on his side to face her. “What do I want to do now or what do I want to do with my life?” she asked. “I don’t know” he said. “Funnily enough that’s my answer to both questions” she smiled and his phone began to ring.

“You going to get that?” she asked when he didn’t make any attempt to answer it. “Let it ring” he said. “Ok” she said confused as to why he didn’t answer it. The phone eventually stopped ringing and she saw him look at it while she ate another grape. Junior let out a squeal. “Someone should be napping instead of looking for attention” Molly smiled rubbing his head. “Mols” Cristiano said. “Ya” she turned her head back to him and the flash went off on his phone. “Ronaldo” she groaned.

“What I was just trying to get a picture of Junior” he smirked. “Well then give me the phone” she said rolling her eyes. “Just say duckies” he said shifting slightly closer to her with his hand in the air. “I think you mean cheese” she laughed. “Fuck” he yelled and his elbow went from under him and his head landed on her stomach sending Molly flat on her back sending her into a fit of giggles. “No cursing in front of the baby” she said trying to be stern.

“Shit” he winced moving so his back was firmly on the blanket but his head remained on Molly’s stomach. “Are you ok?” she asked trying to sit up. “Fine” he snapped. She managed to raise up on her elbows and noticed his hand on his side. “You don’t sound it” she said. “I’m fine” he snapped again and Molly laughed when Junior threw his teddy onto Cristiano’s face. “See even he doesn’t believe you” she said. “I’m fine” he said. “Well if you are fine, is there any chance you could get off me?” she asked. “I will in a minute” he said waiting for the pain in his side to stop. “Junior so gets his stubbornness from you” she said as she ran her fingers threw his hair. “Mmmm” he said shutting his eyes as he felt her fingers sooth him.

“Great I’m trying to get baby Ronaldo to sleep and the big baby decides to take a nap instead” she grumbled. “Just chill Mols” he whispered. “Just chill Mols” she mumbled rolling her eyes. “Say duckies instead then” he said and she took her eyes off Junior and groaned when she saw the phone in his hand. “Ronaldo” she groaned. “I won’t move or shut up until you say it” he said. “You’d move if I gave you a dig in the ribs” she mumbled and he frowned. “Fine. One photo” she said.

“Say duckies Junior” Cristiano said holding the camera in the air high enough so the three of them were. “Duckies” Molly and Cristiano said and he hit the button. “Now get up” she said. “See that wasn’t so bad” he winced sitting up. “You’re very odd at times” she said. “And someone just bored a certain other someone to sleep” he said nodding behind her. Molly turned her head. “Now he sleeps” she sighed collapsing onto her back. “Dramatic much” he grinned. “No but I’m getting cold. I think it’s times we head back” she said. “Ya I guess so” he sighed as she stood. “I’ve got it” she said moving to pick the blanket up.

They walked back to the house in silence with Marcosa by the buggy. Molly couldn’t stop wondering what had got into Cristiano today as they walked. There was certainly something wrong with him. Both body and mind she thought. “Hello stranger” Katia beamed as Cristiano and Molly walked into the kitchen. “Hey welcome back” Molly said rushing to hug her. “It’s good to be back. Aren’t you going to say hello Cris?” Katia asked. “Hi Katia. I’ll be down in a bit” he said leaving. “Ok” Katia said. “Ignore him. So where are my two little men?” Molly asked. “Upstairs. Rodrigo can’t wait to see you” Katia replied. “Good. Can you keep an eye on Junior for a sec?” Molly asked walking to the fridge. “Sure. What’s with the bag?” Katia asked as Molly pulled a bag of frozen peas from the fridge.

“Your brother is being stubborn” Molly said and Katia nodded at the reply. Molly ran up the stairs and walked into Cristiano’s room. She found the room empty. “Cristiano” she called out. “I’ll be down in a sec” he called out from the bathroom. She walked over to the closed bathroom door and knocked. She tapped her foot as she waited. And waited. “Just bloody come in” he said opening the door. “Some people like to wait until they’ve being asked” she smirked but her smirk soon turned into a frown.

“Ronaldo. What the hell happened to you?” she asked noticing the bruise on his side and he dropped hold of the shirt from his hand. “It’s nothing” he said. “That isn’t just nothing. Put this on it” she said holding out the bag of peas. “I just got hit by a boot when I fell in training” he said. “And did you get anyone to look at it?” she asked. “Yes” he said. “And what did they say?” she asked starting to get annoyed. “To ice it again later” he mumbled. “Honestly I don’t know which Ronaldo is the child” she grumbled picking up a nearby towel.

“Take of your shirt” she ordered. “At least buy me dinner first” he joked. “Actual it cost you 100,000 grand now do what I tell you for once” she said. He winced as he moved to lift his shirt and she placed the peas which she had wrapped in the towel by the sink. “You should have done this when you got home” she said moving to help him. “It really isn’t that bad” he said once the shirt was over his head.

“The wincing every time you move tells a different story. And it wouldn’t be half as bad if you had told me earlier” she said picking the towel up. “Ouch” he said when the cold connected to his bare skin.Hopefully this will make it less painful" Molly said. "It already feels less painful" he whispered. "You should have taken it easy this afternoon" she told him. "Did you have fun this afternoon?" he asked. "Yes but - "So did I so I'm glad I went" he said and she looked up at him.

"Duckies" he whispered and she broke out into a fit of giggles. "Ouch" he said. "Sorry" she said when she realised she pressed a little too hard on his side. "Stop making me laugh" she grinned. "I didn't say do anything" he smirked. “I’ll take away the towel if you’re not careful” she said. “I hope that isn’t Nuno’s frozen potatoes” he said. “Nope. It’s peas” she said pulling the towel away to look at the bruise. “I hate peas” he mumbled looking down at her. “Me too” she replied and her head flipped up as déjà vu hit.

She was taken back to the night he had broken into her apartment. “I should get back down to Junior” she said making to move. “He’s asleep” he said catching her elbow. "You've got the magic touch" he smiled. "Oh really. Sure you're not too lazy to do this yourself?" she asked rolling her eyes. "Maybe. Plus I think it would be a tie in who had the better magic touch" he whispered as his finger ran up her arm. Molly couldn't help but shiver at his touch something which made him smile.

His hand cupped the back of her neck and his thumb moved in circles against her skin. "Molly" Rodrigo yelled and Molly took a step away from Cristiano as the boy came rushing into the bathroom. "Molly" he screeched as she bent down to hug him. "Hello little man" she smiled. "Come play with me" he said. "Ok" she replied taking his hand. "Hello Rodrigo" Cristiano said. "Hi. Let's play Molly" Rodrigo said. "He's just a little excited" Molly said when Cristiano frowned and she walked out of the bathroom with his nephew. "Excited to see you" he sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who dislikes boyfriend Luke more, Sergio or Cristiano? Does her choosing to go on the walk over going to see Luke mean something or did she get a sense that Cristiano wasn't feeling ok? What about their time at the lake? And in the bathroom?

Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoyed some Molly and Cristiano time.

Thanks to realmadrid0bsessed,feedmetothewolves;,ak9_sh,dianney and HawkGurl93 for their comments.