Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 95- Under The Stars

Cristiano walked towards his front door as the bell continued to ring. He had arrived home late from his away match yesterday and none of the team were happy with the draw they played. Katia and her boys had made the house more lively but it also meant more of distraction for Molly.

If she wasn't playing with Junior, Dinis and Rodrigo then she was either doing a quick job for Jorge, having a girly chat with Katia or on her phone. Her phone he thought. Her bloody phoned never stopped ringing or beeping with messages from Luke. And he knew it was him. The smile or blush that would appear on her face he thought as he walked closer to the door clinching his fist. Something he hadn't realised. "Óle" Cristiano said in surprise when he opened the door to find Pepe, Fabio and Marcelo on the other side. "Hey man" Marcelo grinned practically pushing Cristiano away to walk through the door. "Come on in Marcelo" Cristiano said rolling his eyes. "He's curious" Pepe said. "About what?" Cristiano asked. "Why we are here" Fabio said. "He's not the only one" Cristiano muttered shutting the door.

"Hey don't forget about us" Iker said pushing open the door and walking through with Sergio, Xabi, Kaka,Álvaro Arbeloa and Higuin all following their captain. "OK what are you lot doing here?" Cristiano asked as he followed his teammates into his living room. Pepe, Fabio and Marcelo were one thing coming over but the others all at the same time. Actually everyone but Higuin he thought were ok to be here.

"Tío Cris" Rodrigo called out as he was about to let the sheets in his arms fall. "I've got them" Cristaino said catching them. "Why do you have these Rodrigo?" Cristiano asked. "Molly said I could carry them outside" the little boy said as if that she be enough as a reason. "Wow wasn't expecting a room full of people when I came downstairs" Molly said as she entered the room with a box in her hand. "Neither was I" Cristiano said still at a lost as to why everyone was here. "Actually I meant that everyone is here on time" Molly smirked. "Actually we are early" Sergio smirked at her.

"How about you take the heavy box from me instead of trying to be a smart Sevillen Sergio" she replied with a smile and he moved to take the box from her. "Thank you" she said tapping his cheek. "What's in the box Mols?" Fabio asked. "Did you make us brownies?" Pepe asked. "Can we watch the Chelsea match?" Kaka asked. "If we are watching any match then it will be the Liverpool match" Xabi said. "Well Fabio" Molly said.

"No answer my question first. What are they all doing here?" Cristiano asked her. "Well" she smiled and he sighed and took a seat on the couch as everyone looked at him. "You might as well sit. This is going to be a long answer" he said. "Marcelo" Molly smiled at the Brazilian hit Cristiano on the back of the head. "Hey" Cristiano said. "Stop being cheeky" she said. "Now what I was going to say was that I met Sergio this morning when I went for a run and he seemed a little down after the match. Which is crazy cos you didn't loose but anyway he wasn't the only one judging by the fact you were all annoying your lovely ladies. So I thought you all needed to do something to relax and have fun as a team" she said. "Ok" Cristiano said confused.

"So to answer the other questions. No watching football and if we were then it would be the Liverpool match not the Chelsea one of course" Molly said. "Ha" Xabi said to Kaka. "Good to see even though she's from Manchester she knows which city is the better red" Álvaro. "I was never a big football person growing up. Plus Liverpool have a cute captain" she winked. "Women" Pepe groaned.

"Guess you won't be finding out if I made any brownies then Pepe" she smirked and he frowned. "What's in the box?" Fabio asked again. "We're going painting" Rodrigo beamed. "Painting?" Iker asked. "Sometimes every adult needs to act like a child. Come boys. Since the sun is lovely and hot for this time of year, lets go outside" she said walking to open the sliding doors out onto the garden. "Rodrigo why don't you tell them what to do" Molly said. "Take them" Cristiano said throwing the sheets to Iker before he pulled Molly back as everyone walked onto the grass.

"Care to explain?" he asked her. "Like I said in there. You all need to stop moping" she said. "Ok. And what about Junior?" he asked. "Katia has taken Junior and Dinis to Anderia's house. Apparently all of the women get girly time while I babysit you lot" she smirked. "Molly" Sergio yelled. "Come on before Rodrigo drives them crazy" she said pulling Cristiano by the shirt. "Aww thanks boys. Glad you listened to Rodgrio and put the sheets down on the grass" she smiled. "Your welcome. Now what are we doing?" Fabio asked. "Whatever you like. There are bottles of paint in the boxes and some brushes. And there's paper. Paint a football, squeeze a blob on the paper and leave. Whatever you like" she shrugged.

""I'm confused" Iker said. "You could take a hand print. A hand print of the best goalie" Rodrigo suggested and everyone laughed. "I like your nephew Ronaldo" Iker smiled. "Come on Rodrigo you can show us what to do" Pepe said as the gang of players moved towards the boxes. "I hope Iker remembered to tell ye that clothes ye didn't mind ruining were the smart clothes to wore” Molly said.
"Ya cos Molly likes to make a mess" Rodgrio joked and everyone laughed. "Come on cheeky let's show these footballers how to paint" Molly said tickling the little boy.

"This is really meant to cheer everyone up?" Higuin asked Molly. "Take a long around. It's seems to be working" she said gesturing to the laughing players. "Well being in your company would cheer anyone up" he smirked. "You know where the door is if it's not you cup of tea" Cristiano said coming to stand by Molly. "And miss out on all the fun Molly has promised. No way" Higuin smirked before walking away.

"Ass" Cristiano muttered. "I know but he's your teammate. And I really didn't think he'd come when I asked Iker to tell everyone who could come over to come" she said. "Thanks for the heads up by the way. I looked like a right dummy being the only one not knowing what was going on in my own house" he said. "Like you ever really what is going on in your house" she smirked.

"Plus I doubt anyone noticed. You tend to be dumb most of the time" she said. "You little" he said lifting her off her feet and swinging her around. "Ahhh" she screamed as he swirled her around. "Put me down" she laughed as he placed her feet on the ground. "So Cris is already acting like child" Iker joked as Molly and Cristiano turned to find the group of men looking at them with amusement on their faces. "When isn't he" she smirked and Cristiano raised an eyebrow. "Don't even think about it" she warned. "I won't" he smiled.

"So what should I paint?" he asked resting his arm on her shoulder. "Well it would appear that the majority of the group are making prints of their feet and hands. Oh man this is going to a messy day" she groaned. "What do you expect with these lot?" he shrugged. "I better go make sure they aren't leading Rodrigo astray" she said. "Hold on" he said pulling back making her crash into his chest. "Why do those sheets look familiar?" he asked. "Are they?" she asked not looking back at him.

"Molly" he said. "What? There old ones anyway. You've got plenty" she said. "And the fact that you always hated those black sheets has nothing to do with it?" he asked. "I didn't hate them" she said. "No you just thought and I quote urgh these sheets are so tacky. You'd swear you were Austin Powers" he said mimicking her. "That sounds nothing like me" she pouted. "Then we watched Austin Powers" he whispered. "Ya cos you had never seen it. Like who has never seen Austin Powers" she said twisting her head to look at him. "Still haven't seen it all either" he smirked and she lowered her eyes to the ground as a blush appeared on her face. "I guess you can't hate something you had so much fun on" he whispered.

"Ya cos you had never seen it. Like who has never seen Austin Powers" she said twisting her head to look at him. "Still haven't seen it all either" he smirked and she lowered her eyes to the ground as a blush appeared on her face. "The person on those sheets distracted me" he whispered.

"Molly" Rodrigo shouted. "Well the ones on them now can distract you more" she muttered before walking over to Rodrigo. "Hey watch it" Sergio said to Fabio moving his sheet of paper away from the Portuguese man. "You know if you boys can't play nice I'll give you a time out" Molly smirked at them. "I'd prefer a spanken" Higuin smirked looking up from where he was keeled on the sheets. "Watch it" Cristiano yelled. "You know I've been told that I'm very talented with this" Molly said holding a painting brush in her hand as she took four steps to where Higuin knelt smiling at her. "Oh I'm sure you're very talented at things" he winked. "Well sweetie if you don't keep your sly remarks to yourself then I'll show you another talent I can do with this. And it might affect your ability to sit on the bench" she said before tapping the top of his head with the brush as everyone laughed except the Argentine. "So the Spaniards are just....What are you doing?" Molly asked walking over to Xabi and Alvaro.

"Mixing colours" Alvaro said. "Now I know why Jon loves doing this" Xabi said rubbing his paint filled hands together. "I'm starting to think the Spanish are the most child like" Molly mumbled. "Yup they are" Pepe said tapping his hand against her cheek leaving a smudge of red behind. "Thanks Pepe" she groaned. "Your welcome" he laughed as he went to get more paper.

"Here" Iker said holding out a tissue to Molly. "Gracias Iker" she smiled taking it from him. "This was a great idea" he smiled. "Really?" she asked. "Why do you sound so surprised?" he asked. "Oh no I knew it was a great idea" she said. "I think she's referring to the fact that you think it was a good idea Saint Iker" Cristiano joked coming to stand beside them. "Why wouldn't I?" he asked. "Cos it's a bit childish" she said. "Well it is but you've met these lot haven't you" he said just as Kaka fired paint towards Marcelo.

"It's perfect for them" Iker said as a paint landed on Marcelo's hair. "Now if it was after a loss" he said. "Then I wouldn't even dream of it. I'd let you kick their buts instead" she smirked. "Some might still get their buts kicked" Cristiano muttered glaring at Higuin. "Ignore the ass Cris" Iker said. "He's your teammate Cristiano. Everyone got an invite. I just didn't think he would come" she said and started to laugh. "How are you so messy when you only just started?" she asked him looking down at his bare but covered in paint feet. "Rodrigo told me to take my footprints" he said. "He's loving bossing everyone around" she laughed. "He does spend alot of time with you" Cristiano smirked before running away. "Muppet" she called after him.

"Did you paint anything how do I say this" Molly paused as she stood behind Xabi a while later. "Anything that doesn't look like you didn't just dump the contents of the tin onto the page" Sergio laughed. "Hey she told us to do whatever. It was fun mixing the paints" Xabi smiled. "Well as long as you had fun" she smiled. "Ya we did Mols. Thanks for this" Pepe said walking towards her. "Your welcome. And Pepe don't even think about throwing any more paint on me" she warned. "I wasn't" he said dropping the brush from his hand. "I think there's effort paint on all of us already" she laughed as she looked around some of the worlds most famous footballers covered in paint after the afternoon of painting pictures. "This paint better come out of my hair" Kaka muttered to Marcelo. "You put way more in mine" Marcelo replied.

"Ok boys I think it's time to clean up. Paints back in the boxes and brushes and hands can be washed in the kitchen" Molly clapped and they all groaned. "Rodrigo what do you get when you clean up after playing?" Molly asked. "A reward" he smiled. "Looks like you'll be the only one getting a brownie then" she smiled. "I call first dips on the sink" Pepe said running towards the house.

"Maé would freak if she saw them cleaning brushes in her sink" Cristiano said to Molly as he helped her pic up the drawings on the sheets. "Just as well she isn't here then" she winked. "I see someone cleaned up" she said. "Bonus points of this being held at my house" he said. "And you were annoyed about it at first" she smirked and he rolled his eyes. "Oh crap" she said. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Forget about washing brushes in her sink, Dolores will kill me if they sit on the furniture in paint covered clothes" Molly said handing him the drawings. "You know it is my house" he said. "Please we all know the women rule this house" she said running towards the house.

It was nearly midnight as Molly quietly crept down the stairs. After an afternoon with the players, she had enjoyed an relaxing evening with Junior and Dinis on the couch whilst Cristiano played cars with Rodrigo on the floor. She found Marcosa wining at the sliding door out to the garden. "Hey boy. What are you doing there?" she asked walking towards him. She blinked a couple of times before she realized that she wasn't making a mistake at what she was seeing. "What is the muppet doing?" she said out loud as the dog scratched at the door. "Ok, ok" she said sliding the door open.

"Wow" Cristiano said as Marcosa began to lick him. "What are you doing?" he heard Molly ask and he sat up from the blanket that was laid out on the grass. "What are you doing up?" he asked. "Me being up isn't as strange as you been out here at this time of night" she said crossing her arms in order to stay warm. Her long pyjamas were keeping her legs warm but the tank top did nothing for her upper body.

"I was looking at the stars" he said. "The stars?" she asked. "Yes. Why is that so strange?" he asked. "It's not. It's just. Well I would never put you down as a guy who likes to watch the stars at night" she said. "It's peaceful" he shrugged. "It's also winter" she said. "Come sit" he said tapping the empty spot on the blanket. "Seriously?" she asked like he was insane. "It's relaxing" he said. "So is been in a nice warm bed" she said.

"Here" he said pulling his sweatshirt over his head and throwing it at her. "Won't you be cold?" she asked. "I'm fine" he said. "Well it's been a strange day as it is, might as well continue" she shrugged before pulling the warm sweatshirt over head upper body. "Better?" he asked. "Oh this is so nice" she smiled. "Sit" he said. "Are you going to share that cushion?" she asked as she kneeled on the blanket. "Nope" he smirked closing his eyes as he laid his head on the cushion.

"Fine" she said and he opened his eyes when he felt weight on his stomach. "Comfy?" he asked as she stretched out on the blanket with her head resting on him. "Yup" she smiled staring up at the night sky. "Wow it really is pretty" she said. "Really pretty" he whispered looking at her. "So how often do you do this?" she asked. "This is my first time" he said. "I knew you weren't a looking at the stars kind of a guy" she muttered. "I can start now. I wasn't tired. I don't know why I came out here. Why are you awake?" he asked. "I was chatting to my friend Sarah. Then wanted a drink. Although I didn't really want it so I don't know why I came down really" she said.

"Ahh" he said and she lifted her head. "Are you ok? Shit is you side still sore?" she asked and he could see her worried face as the glow from the backyard lights reflected of her. "Marcosa tried to bite my toe" he said and she laughed turning to see the dog laying at his owner's feet. "My side is fine Mols. I did play a match last night" he said. "Like you wouldn't have played if something was broken" she said. "But it's not. So quit pouting and lay down" he said pulling her back down before she could speak. "I guess this is one the best things about not living so close to the city" she said trying to make pictures with the stars above.

"There's something beautiful about the nights sky" he said resting his arm lazily across her stomach. "I used to this when I was a kid" she said quietly. "Now you being a girl who watched the stars I can totally see. Sometimes you might say your head is in the sky" he said with a laugh and she gave a sad laugh in reply. She went quite and he sensed something was on her mind.

"Is it different?" he asked. "Is what different?" she asked. "The sky here from Manchester" he said. "The stars look the same everywhere Cristiano" she said. "No they don't" he said. "Enlighten me" she said. "Well when I was a kid away playing football, everytime I came home to Madeira, I would go down to the lighthouse with a ball at my feet of course" he said. "Of course" she replied as he rolled slightly onto his side so he was looking down at her face more.

"Well I would go down there before it was time to leave again and if I looked up at the sky I would hate seeing what I was seeing" he said. "Cos you hated leaving" she said. "Yup. But now when I go home and if I find myself glimpsing up at the sky in passing, the stars always look so.." he paused. "Happy" she said and he laughed. "Ya. So see the skies can be different" he said. "Because of your mood Cristiano. Not cos of the sky" she said. "Same thing" he said and she rolled her eyes before focusing on the stars once more.

"Did you used to make pictures with the stars when you were younger?" he asked and she turned her head to face him. "How did you?" she asked in surprise. "You get this look when you at working on a drawing or painting. You have that look now" he smiled. "I used sneak out to the garden. Well you couldn't call it sneaking out since you'd have to have parents who would notice you were missing first" she said sadly. "Did you do it often?" he asked. "A lot more than I realised I guess. Any time my parents fought or if they had friends over I would go out and look up at the stars. I read a book in school once about a shooting star. How if you see one you should make a wish. Well the stupid kid I was, I thought if I could just see one for myself then I could make a wish" she said softly.

"What did you want to wish for?" he asked. "It's silly" she said. "Tell me" he said holding her chin loosely. "To be part of a proper family without problems and dramas and...it was just a silly stupid kid thing" she said. "It's not silly Molly. And you were and never could be stupid" he said. "Then I got older and either learnt that my bedroom was a good place to block things out or just got used to things" she said. "There's no such thing as a perfect family Molly. I'm not saying that your childhood wasn't hard but not every family has the perfect family life" he said.

"I know that. And all you have to do is look at the news or read the internet to know how horrible some kids have it growing up. My parents weren't perfect but they never did anything intentionally to hurt me" she said. "It's their illness Mols. And one day they will get better" he said. "Maybe one day" she said.

"Hugo used to want to be able to fly to the moon" he said to get her mind away from sad thoughts and she laughed. "And what superpower did you want?" she asked with a smile on her face. "To be able to fly obviously. Or mind reading. I'd love to be able to read someone’s mind" he said. "Might be dangerous" she said. "Why?" he asked. "If your flying is anything like your driving you would be very likely to crash into something" she said. "Hey" he said tickling her. "Ok stop, stop" she giggled and he stopped.

"So come on funny girl" he said as now laid at his side. "What superpower would you like?" he asked as she rested her head on his shoulder. "I don't know. The power to be invisible. I'm good at it" she shrugged. "You could never be invisible Mols" he whispered. "We should go inside" she said. "What can you see up there?" he asked nodding to the stars. "Well if you look closely you can see a surf board over there" she said pointing her finger to the left. "Where?" he asked trying to see it but couldn't picture it. "Wait a minute" she said. "Aww found it" he said happily. "And just a little to the left of it you can just about make out a fire" she said. "The camp fire. Oh ya" he said.

"If you really focus you can imagine the stars can move and put them in order how you like. My Dad used to pretend there was one big giant long snake in the sky when I was younger" she said. "Ya. He took me camping a few times and would make up stories" she smiled. "That sounds nice" he said. "It was" she said. "You should remember those good things more" he said. "I know. And there was a lot of good things. Mum used to be so energetic when I was a kid. And Dad was the one who started me with art" she said. "How?" Cristiano asked and she giggled. "He did what I did with you lot today. It was so hot outside one summer and we literally rolled around in paint. It was crazy" she smiled.

"Today was a brilliant idea Mols" he said stroking her stomach. "I know" she smirked and he gave her stomach a playful squeeze as she sighed comfortably closer into his side.

"Ok now it might be time to go inside" he said yawning a little while later. He looked down and found Molly had her eyes shut and he smiled. "Let's get you back to bed" he whispered shifting carefully to stand. He took her in his arms and her head settled at his neck. "Mmm what?" she mumbled. "Go back to sleep" he whispered. "Uhm" she sighed as he climbed the stairs. He carried her to her bedroom and carefully laid her down on the bed. He watched as she rolled onto her stomach and stretch out onto the bed. He laughed. "Night Mols" he whispered. "Night night" she mumbled sleepily.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of childish games and some sheety flirty behavior, followed by a chat under the stars. What did you think of their paint filled day? And Cristiano and Molly's chat under the stairs. They are getting closer and we are learning more about Molly but will it continue?

Thanks to ak9_sh,HawkGurl93 and Lurossoni for their comments.

Long chapter so hope you all enjoyed it.

As for the match jezz it's so hard. I'd like Wales to win the whole thing cos they are the underdogs but I really want Cristiano to win. Especially cos I want to see him and Junior together celebrating. It's gonna be a tough one.