Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 96- Guess Who's Coming For Dinner

"Hey Mols" Katia said as Molly walked into the kitchen with Junior in her arms. "Good morning" she smiled. "Did you have a nice night last night?" Katia asked. "Ya we just watched a film" Molly smiled handing Junior over to Cristiano where he sat at the table. Molly had been at Luke's for the past three nights coming back just after midnight. If she wasn't with Luke then she was talking or texting him on the phone. "He's very nice" Katia said. "I know" Molly smirked pouring Rodrigo's juice.

"Who is nice?" Rodrigo asked. "Molly's boyfriend" Katia smiled at her son. "But you can't have a boyfriend" he wined. "Ahh your still one of my favourite boys Rodrigo" Molly said tussle his hair before she went to help Katia. Molly had left her phone at his the other night and he had come by the house to give it to her yesterday. And naturally Katia and Maé had loved meeting him Cristiano thought. Cristiano had arrived home from training to find them having tea around the coffee table and laughing and joking. Dolores had loved hearing about his job with GQ and all the famous people he had interviewed. He nearly joked on his apple when he heard his mother invite Luke for dinner tonight. Cristiano would have to sit across the table from the guy who was....

"Tío Cris" Rodrigo said tugging at his uncles shirt. "Ya buddy" Cristiano said trying to shakes any images of Luke could be doing with Molly. "Molly can't have a boyfriend" the little boy said. "You heard what she said. You'll always be her little boy" he said. "But Molly is ours" Rodrigo said and Cristiano gaped at his nephew. "Owww" Molly roared as something clashed off the floor. "Are you ok?" Cristiano asked standing. "Ya" she mumbled hopping on one foot.

"The pot fell on her toe" Katia laughed. "You're meant to use it for cooking Molly" Dolores joked entering the room. "Haha ya laugh while I'm in pain" she pouted hopping over to the table. "You ok?" Cristiano asked rubbing her shoulder when she sat next to him. "I need a cuddle" she pouted and he just wanted to pull her into his lap and kiss her better...wow. "Wow what?" she asked. Shit he hadn't realised he had spoken out loud. "Wow look at the time. Here Junior gives good cuddles. He takes after his papa" he said as she took Junior in her arms. "Ya he does" she smiled as she held Junior tight.

"What should I make for dinner tonight? Does Luke like fish?" Dolores asked Molly. "Dolores you really don't have to" Molly said. "I’m going to training” Cristiano said. Molly’s phone rang on the table and she groaned. "Trouble in paradise?" Cristiano asked. "Huh?" she asked. "You avoiding Luke?" he asked. "No. Jorge" she replied. "I think Jorge forgets that you don't work for him" Cristiano said. "Jorge forgets a lot if only he would admit it" she smiled. "See you later little man" he said stroking Junior's head which was nuzzled against Molly's neck. "Bye bye papa" Molly mumbled waving Junior's hand a little making Cristiano smiled. "Laters" he said placing a kiss on the top of her head. "What about a fish pie Ronaldo?" Dolores asked staring at her son as his head lifted away from Molly's. "Whatever" he said shrugged avoiding eye contact with her.

"Hey I'm having a poker night tonight if you fancy it?" Iker asked Cristiano as they ran around the training pitch. "Aww Sara is letting you have friends over. Someone must have being a good boy" Sergio joked and earned a smack in the back of the head from Iker as they ran. "So are you up for it?" Iker asked Cristiano. "If I didn’t' think Maé wouldn't come over and drag me back then trust me I'd be there. Running on nails sounds better than dinner at my place" Cristiano muttered.

"Jezz your family isn't that bad Cris" Sergio scoffed as they came to a stop. "We are having a guest apparently" Cristiano said taking a drink. "Who?" Sergio asked. "The man no one can shut up talking about" Cristiano said. "Luke then" Pepe said. "He's having dinner at yours" Sergio said in surprise. "Yup. I'm sure he keep charming them all like he did the other day" Cristiano said. "What's the problem with him? Surely if he's treating Molly right there can't be a problem with him" Iker said.

"The problem is he's banging Molly" Higuin smirked. "Cameras" Pepe said before Cristiano could react to Higuin's comment. "There's something about him" Sergio said. "Jezz that's all" Iker said. "For once I agree with Ramos. He's too good to be true" Cristiano said. "Well unless he does something to contradict the fact, he's seems nice the couple of times I've met him since they started to date so be careful or you'll end up looking like an ass" Pepe said. "Ya he's right" Iker said. "One big jealous ass" Pepe muttered low enough that only Cristiano would hear.

"Anyone think you avoiding this house" Cristiano heard Molly say as he climbed out of his car. "And why would you think that?" he asked as she came closer pushing Junior and Dinis in a stroller. "It's nearly five o'clock" she said. "I did text to say I'd be late" he said slamming the car door shut. "Yes you did" she smiled. "What are you doing out here at this time anyway?" he asked. "Dolores threw everyone out of the kitchen. It's dinner. I don't get the big deal" she said. "Neither do I" Cristiano muttered. "You don't mind that Luke is coming for dinner? Do you?" she asked.

"More than merrier" Cristiano said through gritted teeth. "Glad you feel that way cos Nuno arrived this afternoon" Molly smirked as he groaned. "Oh and your girlfriend has also arrived back" Molly said. "Really? She's not due back till tomorrow" Cristiano said. "Well she's here. Trust me it's hard not to notice" Molly muttered. She hadn't gone on a walk to be out of Dolores's way, she had gone to stay out of Irina’s.

"Do you think we would get away bailing on dinner? I'm sure one of my teammates would hide us" Cristiano said. "They give us up in two seconds once Dolores got to them. Plus Luke is actually looking forward to tonight" Molly said. "He is?" Cristiano asked. "Ya. I know I don't get it either but he wants to see why I actual put up with you all" she smiled. "Cos your nuts like us" he said wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "That must be it. Come on I think it's time to go in" Molly said and he groaned. "I would have thought you couldn't wait to see Irina" she said. "Of course I do" he said. "Well just a heads up. She's not too happy you didn't come back this afternoon" Molly said as she pushed the stroller towards the door. “Great” he sighed as he watched her walk towards the door.

"I don't remember this sort of fuss being made when I first came for dinner" Irina pouted as she slipped her foot into her heel. Maybe cos you arrived uninvited Cristiano thought as he messed around with his phone as he laid on his bed. "Why can't we just go out? I haven't spent any time with you in days" she wined. "Maé wants us all here" Cristiano replied. Plus he Luke was already the best thing ever after they had only met him for a tiny bit. Cristiano didn't want to even think what his family would be like if they spent a whole evening alone with Luke.

"My first night back and I have to spend it with everyone fawning over the help's boyfriend" Irina groaned. "Don't call Molly the help" he said. "Then why is she here?" Irina asked. "We should go down stairs. Dinner will be ready soon" Cristiano sighed swinging his feet off the bed. "I'm sure this guy is so boring. Like hello he likes dating Molly for heaven sake" Irina said. "Just come on" Cristiano said not wanting to hear anymore from Irina. "Ahh I was beginning to think you had suck out" Dolores joked when she saw her son and Irina entering the living room. "And miss this dinner. Of course he wouldn't" Nuno smirked. "He would if he learnt to grow a back bone" Irina muttered. "Everyone is in the dining room" Dolores said. "Everyone? So heeee's here then?" Cristiano asked. "If you mean Luke then yes he is" Dolores smiled.

"He arrived bang on time and even brought some flowers for Dolores. Wasn't that lovely of him?" Nuno asked. "Suck up" Cristiano coughed earning a glare from Dolores. "His appreciation of receiving an invite and for all my hard work" Dolores said. "Which everyone appreciates Maé" Cristiano replied. "Go take your seats" Dolores told them. "This dinner better not take long" Irina muttered as they walked towards the dining room foor. "The shorter the better" Cristiano mumbled as he paused at the sound of laughter coming from behind the half closed door. He pushed open the door to find Rodrigo giggling and running around the table. "Wow careful" Cristiano said catching his nephew before he fell.

"Look Luke made me a paper airplane" Rodrigo smiled holding the airplane in the air for Cristiano to see. "How nice" Cristiano smiled. "Not as fun as cars but less of a chance of breaking something while keeping certain people entertained before dinner" Luke laughed. "Mama said we can play cars after dinner" Rodrigo told Luke. "Rodrigo" Katia said. "But Mama, I can't be not show Luke them. It would be rude" the little boy smiled. "Oh lord" Katia laughed. "I'm guessing he spends a lot of time with Molly" Luke laughed. "A little" Molly mumbled. "Oh since no one else seems bothered I'll just have to introduce myself then" Irina mumbled walking past Cristiano and nearer to Luke who moved to stand. "I'm Luke. It's a pleasure to meet you" Luke said shaking the model's hand. "I'm sure it's a pleasure. I'm Irina. I'm the girlfriend of the child your girlfriend apparently minds. Though not tonight it would appear" Irina said. "Junior's in bed. Now let's sit" Cristiano said clutching the Russian's elbow and moving her around the table so they sat opposite Molly and Luke.

"Nice to see you again Cristiano" Luke smiled. "You too" the footballer smirked. "So Luke you said something about climbing Neapl earlier. What was that like?" Nuno asked as their meal was coming to an end. Cristiano had barely spoken during the meal as Luke filled questions from everyone. "It was amazing. Tough but worth it" Luke replied as he rested his knif and fork on his empty plate. "The pictures look amazing. The one of the sun set in your living room is stunning" Molly said. "I like the sun rise one in my room more at times" Luke said to her. "Oh that's stunning too" Molly said. "What other pictures does he have in his room Molly?" Irina smirked taking a snip of her wine. Catching sight of the blush appearing on Molly's cheek, Cristiano accidentally knocked over his glass sending water over the table cloth. "Oh Cris" Irina groaned checking if any water had gotten on her. "Sorry" he said.

"I'll get a cloth. Who's for desert?" Dolores asked. "I'm not sure I could fit anymore. That was delicious Mrs. Averio" Luke said. "It was only a simple fish pie. And I told you it's Dolores" the woman smiled. "Well it was certainly the best meal I've had in a while" Luke said. "Careful cos if Molly has cooked for you the you may have just landed yourself in trouble" Nuno joked. "I haven't so he's fine" Molly said. "I've being crazy at work this week but hopefully she can cook something tasty soon" Luke said placing his arm on the back of Molly's chair. "Maybe" Molly replied and he laughed. "I hope that's one of my favourite kind of maybes" Luke said placing a kiss on the side of her head.

"You could cook for her too. That's if you can" Cristiano said as he tapped his finger lightly off the table. "He took cooking lessons from a Merln chef in Paris on his cap year. After he climbed Nepal for charity" Molly said. "Oh you must be a great cook then" Irina said. "Well Molly's seemed to like the few things I have made her" Luke smiled at Molly. "Well if it's one way to Molly's heart then it’s through her stomach. That girl likes her food" Nuno joked making most of the people around the table laugh. "I'll have to bare that in mind" Luke smiled at Molly giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"Cookies. Molly likes cookies" Rodrigo said. "Do you think you could persuade her to bake me some?" Luke asked Rodrigo who was sitting in the seat next to Luke having insisted on it. "If you play cars with me" Rodrigo smiled. "Rodrigo" Katia said. "Even more of a reason to play now Katia" Luke laughed at her. The spent the entire duration of desert listening to Luke answer questions from Irina. Irina had being impressed learning about Luke's job for GQ. As far as Cristiano could tell he was just a random guy they sent around to interview people. "So Luke do you like living in Madrid or are you planning on heading off anytime soon?" Irina asked and Cristiano looked at his girlfriend in wonder why she would even care what Luke's plans were.

"I'm not sure. My contact is up for renewal in January so we'll see. I had always planned on moving back to England. Or living in America for a while. Madrid has plenty of benefits though" Luke said before smiling at Molly. "Well I'm sure Molly would love to live in England again. After all it is her home" Irina said. "Who knows. A little English countryside cottage with a white picket fence does sound appealing" Luke said looking at Molly. "And where you can cook for her" Katia said. "I can make you my famous pea soup for those winter days" Luke said to Molly. "Molly hates peas" Cristiano said glaring at Luke. "Well I'm sure he could make her something else babe" Irina smiled at her boyfriend.

"You might have to throw in a rugby game" Molly smiled at Luke and Cristiano coughed on his water at the thought that Molly was even considering the idea of moving to England with Luke. "Molly likes football. She always goes crazy when Tío Cris scores" Rodrigo said and Cristiano smiled at Molly. "Not as much as Dolores" Molly said laughing. "Well she might have to teach me about it then" Luke said. "Not a fan?" Cristiano asked.

"Guess I watched too much Rugby. Plus there's only so many times you can watch over paid, semi talented and arrogant people run around after a ball. Present company excluded of course" Luke smirked across to Cristiano. "Of course" Cristiano said tapping his finger once more. "You should come to a game sometime" Irina said and both Molly and Cristiano looked at the model in confusion. "Ya you should. Shouldn't he Cris" Nuno said. "Of course" Cristiano replied. "I wouldn't want to impose" Luke said. "You can keep me company and I can tell you all about how amazing my boyfriend plays. The others get a little too into the game. And Molly is busy with Junior. Well she's meant to be anyway" Irina said.

"She can be a busy bee this one" Luke smiled kissing Molly on the lips. "Irina just got finished a week long campaign shoot" Cristiano said placing an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. "So Molly mentioned. Well in between sorting out bits and bobs for your agent. The other agents were certainly impressed with her work during the photoshoot a few weeks ago" Luke said looking at Cristiano. "Irina- Rodrigo are you going to show Luke your cars? It's nearly your bed time" Katia interrupted her brother not sure what she was stopping but knowing she needed to say something.

"Well did we scare him off?" Katia joked when Molly came back into the living room. "Well given the fact she just spent the last ten minutes making out with the guy while saying goodbye I think the answer would be no" Nuno smirked at Molly who rolled her eyes at him in return. "He's very nice" Dolores said. "And so well-travelled. It's a shame he wants to go into serious journalist as he puts it cos I'm sure I could get him some fabulous job with Vogue or Vanity Fair" Irina said. "I think he wants to move away from fashion and into politics" Molly said. "He'll have to leave Spain surely for that. You're lucky you can work anywhere" Irina smiled at Molly. "Ya well thank you for dinner Dolores. I'm going to bed. I've a long day trying not to break my computer because of Jorge" Molly said waving goodnight to everyone. "Well as long as he doesn't hurt Molly, he can come again" Nuno said. "Ya I like him. And Molly well she looks really happy" Katia.

"Imagine how happy she would be if he took her somewhere" Irina said. "I'm going to bed" Cristiano said standing. He couldn't understand why he was the only one who could see there was something fishy about Luke.

"If you're here instead of doing the job you are actually meant to be in Madrid for maybe you should start acting like you are working" Cristiano snapped at Molly when the make-up artist had left his side. Molly and Nuno had joined Cristiano at a photoshoot a couple of days after the dinner with Luke and Cristiano was still in a grumpy mood. She had spent the past few days either in the office or on the phone with Luke. His mother and sister were left to watch Junior when she should be doing it. "I am working. I'm replying to Jorge. And whatever has you in this shitty mood either sort it out or find someone else to snap at" Molly snapped shoving her phone back into her bag before standing from the chair where she had sat next to Cristiano.

"Nice one Cris" Nuno said taking Molly's vacant seat. "She has done nothing but been on that stupid phone of hers for days. For weeks" Cristiano snapped. "She's helping Jorge out. He had an important meeting otherwise he would be here. And you'd know that if you'd be bothered to ask" Nuno said shaking his head before moving to stand. "And for some reason Jorge thought you would enjoy today if Molly was the one bossying you around but instead you act like an ass towards her. And not just today. You've being snappy all week at her" Nuno said. "No I haven't" Cristiano said. "You actually used the words isn't that what you're meant to be here for today and yesterday when you asked why she wasn't with Junior. You're spending too much time with Irina" Nuno muttered. "Hey that is the reason she is here. To mind Junior" Cristiano said pulling Nuno back. "Your mother and Katia wanted to spend time with him and the kids this week. And.." Nuno paused. "And what?" Cristiano asked. "And if you don't want it to end. Her minding Junior then you should stop pushing her away" Nuno said. "Me! She's the one working for Jorge and spending all her time with-

Luke" Nuno finished. "Ronaldo they are ready for you" Molly said walking towards them. "I'm coming" he said. "Well move a bit quicker. The sooner this is over with the better" she grumbled turning away from him. When he had finished the shoot, Molly still had stuff to finish and had told him that she would make her own way back to the house. Part of her just wanted to be away from him she thought as she walked out into the fresh air. She couldn't figure out why he was acting the way he was with her for the past few days.

She heard a car horn and she turned to her right. "I thought I told you that I'd make my own way back" she said when he lowered the passenger side window. "You know I don't listen well" he smirked before frowning at the lack of reaction from Molly. "I had stuff to do anyway so I wasn't just sitting waiting for you. Are you getting in or what?" he asked. She was tempted to tell him no and go for a walk but she hadn't seen much of Junior and really just wanted to get back to him. She said nothing as she opened the door and threw her bag onto the back seat.

"Here" he said handing her a white paper bag. "What is it?" she asked. "There's a way to find out for yourself" he said moving the car into traffic. She peeked into the bag and found the muffin. "I'm sorry for snapping at you" he said concentrating on the road. "Thank you for the muffin" she said. "It's been a long day" he sighed. "I just want get back to the house. Give Junior his bath and read him a story" she said. "Me too" he said glancing at her. "It has been a while since we both did bath time together" she said picking off a piece of the muffin. "Maybe we could do it tonight" he said. "As long as you don't tickle him" she smiled and he laughed.

"Are you going to eat all of that?" he asked as she took another piece of the muffin. "Yup" she smirked. "You know it's polite to share" he said. "I'm too nice of a person sometimes" she muttered breaking a piece off and holding her fingers towards his head and he took it from her. "Happy?" she asked. He grabbed her hand as she moved it away. "Yes" he smiled squeezing it gently and they spent the rest of car journey in silence. A nice calming silence.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone?" Katia yelled when Cristiano came through his front door. "I had it turned off" he said. "Is everything ok Katia? Is Junior ok?" Molly asked worried. "He's fine Molly. I didn't mean to scare you" Katia said apologetic. "Oh good" Molly said relieved. "What's up then?" Cristiano asked. "Molly hold on" Katia yelled rushing after Molly down the hallway. "Can someone tell me what is going on?" Cristiano mumbled as walked into his living room before banging into Molly.

"That is what we are all wondering" Dolores said angrily from the couch. Cristiano's eyes went to the blonde lady who was standing beside Irina. Standing with his son in her arms. "What's going on?" he asked. "This is Olga" Irina smiled. "Hello" Cristiano said wondering who the woman was. "She's Junior's new nanny" Irina said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Cristiano “grow a back bone” and finally state that he doesn’t want Molly to leave?

So I’m going to assume no one cares about any of the chapter other than the last paragraph but I needed to have it to lay down future foundations. I didn’t mean for it to be as long. I have the ending (one I’m hoping you will all like) of this story in my head but to get there certain things have to play out. All I can ask if for everyone to stick with this story and know that I’m a romantic at heart (make of that what you like).

So let me know what you think. Everyone can see how happy Molly is with Luke, maybe Cristiano isn’t who she needs.

Thanks to ak9_sh for her comment.

On a side note, Forca Portugal. Cristiano and the rest are in the Final on Sunday yahoooooooo. Feel for Wales though. They had a fabulous tournament.

P.S. Not sure if I'll be able to update on Sunday but I'll try. Have plans for the next chapter and don't want to rush it.