Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 97- Nothing Changes?

"What" Cristiano yelled in both shock and anger. "Don't yell at me" Irina snapped. "Well someone needs to" Katia snapped. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Dolores yelled. "I'm his girlfriend" Irina said jabbing her finger towards Cristiano. "That gives you no right to make family decisions" Dolores yelled. "I am his family" Irina yelled. "You have no say over Junior" Katia yelled.

"Everyone shut up" Cristiano yelled. He could see a fight beginning and he didn't need one right now. "She's the one who comes swanning in here with a new nanny" Dolores yelled at her son. "Maé I said enough" Cristiano said walking to Olga and taking his son. "Ronaldo" Dolores and Katia snapped. "I said shut up. Just be quiet so I can think" he yelled as Junior squirmed in his arms. "I can take the baby upstairs" Olga said in broken English. "No" he snapped. "I'm sorry. No thanks" Cristiano said to the woman, who apparently was Russian judging by her accent he thought.

"What is going on Irina?" Cristiano asked. "Babe I was doing what we talked about" Irina said to him. "What?" Katia and Dolores yelled and Cristiano turned in record speed to look at Molly. Molly, whose feet had being stuck to the ground from the moment she had seen Olga with Junior in her arms, toar her eyes away from Junior and lifted to them at Cristiano on Irina's words. "No. no.no. We never spoke about this" Cristiano said vigorously as Molly's eyes dropped to the floor.

"Yes we did" Irina said. "Ronaldo" Dolores snapped. "We didn't" he replied to his mother. "Babe I text you the other day to say that I had found one" Irina said. "What?" he asked trying to remember receiving such a text. And then he remembered that Irina had messaged him with that message the day he and Molly had taken Junior to the lake. "Wait you never said that was a nanny" Cristiano said. "What the hell did you think I was talking about?" she asked. "I don't know" he shrugged. He hadn't really being thinking about Irina the day he was at the lake. "What's the big deal?" Irina asked.

"What's the big deal?" Katia yelled not understanding how the model could be so thick. "We talked about this" Irina said to Cristiano ignoring Katia. "No we didn't Irina" he said. "Babe you said it yourself how busy Molly was with work for Jorge or whatever" Irina said. "He said what" Dolores yelled. "Hold on, I never said I needed a new nanny" Cristiano said. He could tell by Dolores's and Katia's faces that they were furious about what was happening right now. And Molly. He looked at her once more. She hadn't moved an inch and her gaze was firmly on the floor. Her fingers twisting at the end of her blouse.

"With Molly's attention elsewhere I thought" Irina said. "Molly's attention is always on Junior. And you don't think" Katia yelled at Irina. "Are you going to stand there and let her speak to me like that?" Irina asked Cristiano whose own attention jumped towards his girlfriend and away from Molly. "Irina" he said. "We talked about it. You said Junior comes first. That Molly was hardly going to want to keep doing it forever. Olga is a professionally trained nanny with years of experience. With Olga here it means Molly can work for Jorge which she is brilliant at" Irina said smiling at Molly.

"That isn't your decision to make" Katia snapped. "Babe" Irina sniffled. "I was just doing what I thought you wanted. What was best for Junior" she sniffled as she stroked the baby's cheek. "Oh please" Katia scoffed. "I thought with Olga here then your mother wouldn't have the extra work looking after Junior while Molly was doing other things. And Molly gets to do something she enjoys. Even go travelling and have a break from being so overly relied on. I thought it was best" Irina sniffled wiping her eyes.

"She's right" Molly said and all the heads in the room turned to Molly. "Molly" Dolores gasped. "Junior comes first" Molly said. "Molly this.." Cristiano said. "My attention has been away from Junior lately. He needs someone full time to make sure he is looked after" she said. "He is looked after. By you. Tell her Cris" Katia said.

"Like Irina said, Olga is a trained nanny. She knows what he needs" Molly said. "You know what he needs" Dolores said. "Mama" Rodrigo called out as he came running into the room and to his mother. "Plus it gives me the chance to help Jorge" Molly said. "And even go home. You must miss your family so much since you haven't been back to England since you moved here" Irina said. "Where's is Molly going Mama?" Rodrigo asked. "Nowhere sweetie" Katia said picking her son up. "Why don't you show Olga Junior's room Rodrigo" Irina said. "Who?" Rodrigo asked confused. "Junior's nanny" Irina said. "Molly is Junior's nanny" the little boy said. "Olga is now" Irina said. "That isn't decided" Dolores snapped.

"Molly just said it herself that it makes sense" Irina said. "But Mama" Rodrigo wined to Katia. "He's getting tired. He needs his bath" Molly said to Cristiano as Junior began to become restless. "We can give him his bath like we talked about" Cristiano replied to her. "Olga should help. Since she will be the one doing it when you aren't here" Molly said. "But Molly is still going to play with me mama" Rodrigo asked. "Of course she is sweetie. Molly will still be here. "I'm going to head out for a bit" Molly mumbled quickly and turned.

"Molly" Dolores called out after her but the brunette had rushed out of the room quickly."Let's go see your brother" Katia said to her son. Her thoughts were filled with rage. "And take Junior too" Dolores said and Cristiano whose eyes had been glued in the direction which Molly had left turn to his mother. "I can start his bath" Olga said quietly. "Ahm...yes thank you" he said as she held her hands out for his son. "Ahmm Katia can show you where everything is" he said handing Junior over. "Of course I can" Katia said glaring at her brother.

"You" Dolores yelled pointing a finger at her son. "Fix it now" she damned. "There's nothing to fix. Everyone is happy" Irina said. "Stay out of this you" Dolores yelled at Irina. "Cristiano" Irina huffed looking at her boyfriend for support. "You hired someone I don't know to look after my son. Without my knowledge. How did you expect everyone to react Irina?" Cristiano asked in disbelief about what had just occurred moments ago. Molly had agreed with Irina. "You said a new nanny would be good. And Olga is much more qualified to mind Junior than Molly" Irina said.

"No one is more qualified than Molly" Dolores snapped. "She doesn't have a degree in childcare" Irina said. "She doesn't need one when she's-

Maé stop" Cristiano jumped in before his mother could finish her sentence knowing what was about to come out of her mouth. "Ronaldo" Dolores yelled. "Can you give Irina and I some space please?" he asked. "I don't know what just happened here" Dolores muttered as she stormed out of the room.

"Babe" Irina said. "Don't" Cristiano snapped moving to sit on the couch. "I don't get why everyone is so annoyed with me. Even Molly agreed with me" Irina said. Molly agreed with Irina, Cristiano thought holding his head in his hands. "You really can't see why people would be annoyed with you? You literally just pulled the rug from under us" he said. "I don't understand" Irina said. "We never discussed replacing Molly as Junior's nanny" he said.

"You told me when Junior was born that Molly had agreed to help with Junior until he got a little bigger. She was doing you a favour. Do you really think it is fair on her to stop her from living her life? You implied that you were thinking about looking for a new one. I just thought you wanted my help. Babe you've been so busy lately that I didn't want to stress you over picking a suitable nanny" she said. "So you picked some random that I don't know to look after my son" he snapped.

"She is more than qualified. And comes with excellent recommendations. And Junior seemed more than happy in her company. Maybe you should spend some time with the woman before saying she isn't good" Irina said. "I'm sure she is very good at her job but.." he paused. "But what? Olga minding Junior means stability for Junior and no more being shoved to a different person when Molly is busy. This is best for Junior. And for our family. Molly even sees that" Irina sobbed.

"Babe" he sighed standing. "Don't cry" he said and she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Junior is happy. Molly is happy. Why can't everyone else see that I was only helping the man I love?" she cried. "Look it was just a surprise" he said. "Well Olga only told me for certain that she wanted the job this morning. And the next thing I knew she was here and you weren't answering your phone" she said. "It just could have being handled better" Cristiano sighed. "Well even though she can like a child at times, Molly was the only one who was an adult about the whole thing" Irina said.

Molly he thought. Oh God. She had being so calm. Did that mean she had been thinking about leaving? "Cris" Irina said stroking his cheek. "Huh" he said. "I said, what are you going to do about your mother and sister. They were horrible to me" Irina pouted. "I'll talk to them" he said. "I know it was a surprise but I was only helping you" she said. "It just could have being handled better. I'll talk to them. Like you said Molly even agrees" he said. "Exactly" she replied. "Like Katia told Rodrigo, Molly isn't going anywhere. They still see her everyday" he said. Molly was staying at the house. The only difference would that she wouldn't be Junior's full time nanny anymore. That was ok he thought. She'd still be here he thought.

"You are going to have two nannies staying in this house?" Irina asked. "Sorry?" he asked. "Well surely Molly won't still be living here" Irina said. "Why wouldn't she be?" he asked. "Why would she want to stay here if she's not looking after Junior? The reason she was here was to get up with him during the night and whatever. Olga will be here" Irina said. "You think Molly is going to move out?" he asked. "Oh Cris really what is going on in that head of yours. Why would she stay? Why would you want her staying in your house when there's no need? She's not your family. And she doesn't work for you. Plus she's twenty years of age. Surely she wants her own place where she can be alone with her boyfriend" Irina said. "Alone with Luke" he muttered.

“Anyway why would you want her here if she’s not working for you anymore. It’s not practicable Cris" Irina said. "I'm going to check on Junior" he said. "He's perfectly fine with Olga" Irina said. "And I want to see that for myself. I don't know this woman Irina. You can't just expect me to trust her with my son" he said. "Of course not. You go spend some time with. You'll see how fantastic she is" Irina smiled as she watched her boyfriend leave the room.

“He’s a very cute baby” Olga smiled when Cristiano entered Junior’s nursery. “Thank you. You’ve finished his bath?” he asked. “Da. All done and ready for bed” she said. “It’s still early” he said. “Baby had busy day. Important baby doesn’t become over tired. I did project at school” she said. “Ok” Cristiano said. “You go rest. I stay with baby” she said and he noticed the bags on the bed in Junior’s room. “I’ll be back to say goodnight to him” Cristiano said and went in search of his mother.

“Tío Cris” Rodrigo said as he stood outside Katia’s bedroom door. “Hey buddy” he smiled kneeling down on the floor. “Mama is angry” the boy said. “I think you might be right” Cristiano sighed. “But not with you. I promise” Cristiano said. “Who is she angry at then?” he asked. “Think it’s me kiddo” Cristiano sighed. “What did you do?” he asked. “I think it’s more what I didn’t do” Cristiano mumbled. “I confused” Rodrigo said. “It doesn’t matter. Now you go get ready for bed” Cristiano said. “Were is Molly?” he asked. “You’ll see her in the morning” Cristiano said. “Noite Tío Cris” Rodrigo said hugging his uncle. “Noite kiddo” he smiled before he watched his nephew head down the hall towards his room. Cristiano stood and took a long deep breath before twisting the door knob of Katia’s room.

“Ok thank you Ana” he heard Dolores say into the phone as he entered the room. Katia was leaning against the dresser whilst his mother sat on the bed. “I just wanted to know she was ok” Dolores said as Cristiano rested the back of his head against the now closed door. Great if Ana knew about Olga he could only imagine what her reaction was going to be. “I know it is” Dolores said glaring at her son. “Ok noite Ana” Dolores ending her call.

“She’s at Luke’s” Dolores said to Katia. “Oh good” Katia said relieved. “Molly?” Cristiano asked. “No her twin. Although if she had one I bet you’d manage to use to two of them even more than you have Molly” Dolores snapped. “Maé” he said. “Don’t you dare Maé me Ronaldo” she snapped back. “You were standing downstairs. You heard Molly agree with Irina. And then she just left. Went running to Luke” he scoffed. “Well you could hardly expect her to stand there while your bimbo girlfriend made decisions about her son” Katia said. “Junior is my son Katia. Mine only” Cristiano snapped.

“Ana must have phoned her and Molly told her. Ana thought we would be worried about Molly” Dolores sighed. “That was nice of her” Katia said. “Have you fixed things?” Dolores asked her son. “She agreed. You heard her. Molly said it was best” he said. Had she been planning to leave he thought. “It wasn’t as if she had much of a choice Ronaldo” Katia said. “She’s still going to be living here. Nothing changes” Cristiano said.

“Everything changed the moment you came up with your stupid plan” Dolores snapped. “And I really hope you are right Ronaldo. I’m sure when we talk to Molly in the morning it will be fine” Katia said. “At least she has Luke to talk to and not pushing everyone away” Dolores said. “Ya it’s super that she went to him” Cristiano said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it looks like Irina got what she wanted, Molly has decided that Junior needs a new nanny. Should she have put up more of an argument? But like Cristiano says that doesn’t mean things have to change? Or do they? Molly will still be living in the house so everyone should be still happy. Right? And Molly went to Luke. Not Ana. Not to her room but to Luke. What does that mean?

Thanks to ak9_sh,feedmetothewolves;,HawkGurl93 and Lurossoni for their comments.

Let me know your thoughts. Plenty of talking points. Thanks to everyone who has commented, subscribed and recommended this story.

On another note, Portugal won the Euros. So happy for the team. My heart was in my mouth when Cristiano got injured. It was so upsetting to see him like that. But I loved seeing him encouraging the team from the sidelines. A true Captain. And then he got to lift the trophy. I was so happy for him and the rest of the team.