Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 98- A Leading Question

"Babe are you coming to bed?" Irina asked Cristiano. "Huh" he said looking away from the TV to find his girlfriend standing beside the couch wearing a dressing gown. "It's gone twelve. And you don't even look like you are even watching the TV" she said. He hadn't been either he thought. Olga had prepared dinner for Irina and Cristiano who had eaten alone since both Dolores and Katia had stayed firmly away from the pair since Irina's new nanny bombshell.

"I thought Molly would be back by now" he mumbled. "She's a grown woman Cris" Irina snapped annoyed that her boyfriend appeared to be waiting up for Molly. "She left so quickly earlier...I...I just wanted to speak to her" he sighed. "Well you said that she was gone to Luke's apartment. Why would she come back this late anyway when she can stay with him? She knows Olga is here" she said. "Because she has never..." he paused. "Never what?" Irina asked.

"She never phoned Jorge back. He was looking for her" he shrugged. "So you thought you'd wait up to tell her?" Irina asked. "Nah I was watching a show about Man United. It just finished" he lied. "Let's go to bed then" she said holding her hand out towards him. "Sounds good" he smiled standing. "Turn off the light babe" she said as they walked towards the stairs. "Better leave it on so Molly doesn't walk into anything. She's a little accident prone at times" he smiled.

"I hardly think she's going to leave Luke's bed to come back this late. I know I wouldn't. I have to say she picked a good one. Though why he choose her I'll never know" Irina said. "She isn't" he said. "Isn't what?" Irina asked. "Can't think what I was going to say. Let's go to bed" he said as he followed her slowly up the stairs. He gave one last look over his shoulder as he clinched his fist. He shook his head as an image of Luke and Molly appeared in his mind and went to his bedroom.

"Who the hell does she think she is?" Molly said as she paced the floor in front of Luke's couch. "His girlfriend" Luke said. "That fact just shows what a dickhead he is" Molly said. She had arrived at Luke's hours earlier completely furious. She had been in shock as she drove to his apartment but just as she was about to enter the building Ana had phoned wanting her to come over. Molly had said she couldn't as she didn't want to be near Cristiano's house. When Ana had inquired why Molly had told her what had happened. Ana had being furious that Irina had done that. That Cristiano had done that.

Hearing Ana vent cleared Molly's shock right out and in turn she was hit with the reality of what had occurred. She had agreed with Irina. She had agreed that Junior came first. That Olga should be his nanny. She wouldn't be his nanny anymore. He wouldn't need her. Molly said a quick goodbye to Ana and headed up to Luke's apartment. While Luke had being surprise to find Molly at his door, he soon listened to her talk about what had happened. He had prepared a small snack which she barely ate. Now hours later and numerous unanswered calls from Dolores and Katia, none from Cristiano she noticed, she was still furious.

"But you weren't going to be doing it forever. You told me it was only for a little while" Luke said from the couch. "That's not the point" she said. "It could have been handled much better. You didn't deserve for that to be just dropped on you like a bomb" Luke said. "It was sneaky and sly and why the hell I'm I even surprised. She's never like me being there" Molly said. "And you said that they had discussed it" he said. Molly paused from pacing. Irina she could believe but Cristiano going behind her back like that...well that just hadn't made he upset. That had disappointed her. "He doesn't even know a thing about this new woman. She's meant to mind his son. Like what right does Irina have to even get involved in finding a new nanny?" Molly asked.

"She is his girlfriend Molly" Luke pointed out once more. "She doesn't even like Junior" Molly said. "I'm sure that's not true" he said. "She barely interacts with him unless it's to her advantage. She just sees him as Ronaldo's brat" Molly said. "Well it must be hard for her. After all her boyfriend had a kid with someone that wasn't her" he said.

"Please don't tell me you feel sorry for her?" Molly asked annoyed. "I can just see why it's taking her time to bond with Junior" he said. "Oh please" Molly said pacing once more. Sure Molly herself had felt bad for Irina. Molly was the one who had insisted Cristiano tell her about the baby. But the fact that Junior was conceived way before Irina came on the scene. It wasn't like Irina had being cheated on. "Molly just come sit down. You shouldn't get upset" Luke said.

"How am I supposed to act? I have spent the last five months..." she paused. "I know it's a shock. But this way you have more time to work for Mendes. You enjoy that" he said. "If he wanted me to stop being Junior's nanny then he should have told me" Molly said. "Yes he should have. But loyalty clearly doesn't mean anything to him" he said. "I should have just left when I was meant to" Molly mumbled. "But you were a nice person by agreeing to help out. Look it sucks be time what happened but look at the bigger picture" Luke said.

"What bigger picture?" she asked. "You can work for Mendes or go see your friend Sarah. You're not tied down" he said. "I was never meant to be here" she mumbled. "What do you mean?" he asked. "It was never the plan" she said. "Plan?" he asked. "But no Ronaldo had to change the plan. Because it suited him better. And as long as it suited him then who gives a crap about anyone else" Molly vented.

"Molly you're losing me here" Luke said confused. "I've being at his beck and call for months and this is how he treats me. Fuck Irina. She's just a bitch. But him. Urgh he actually calls himself my friend" Molly snapped. "Molly" Luke said taking her hand and pulling her to the couch. "Forget about Ronaldo" he said. "It's hard to when I live with him. Urgh maybe I should just go back to England" she sighed.

"Then do it" he said and she looked at him. "Not straight away. But look my contract is up in January. You can stay at Ronaldo's working for Mendes until I'm finished and then" he shrugged. "Then what?" Molly asked. "Then anything you like. We can go anywhere" he smiled. "You really want to leave and go somewhere with me?" she asked. "Of course. I've kind of really like being around you, just so you know" he smiled. "Luke" she said.

"Hey you never know by the time you go back to Ronaldo's house, this whole mess will be sorted and you'll be Junior's nanny again" he said. "That's not going to happen" she said. "Well I guess you did agree to it" he said. Ya she had she thought. "And he's not man enough to stand up to Irina" Luke said.

"You're forgetting that it was his idea too" Molly said. "Exactly. At the end of the day he was just thinking about his son. You're probably way better than that new woman but you have being busy lately so maybe it's best. Anyway you'll still see everyone everyday" he said. "I guess" Molly replied. She would still get to see Junior she thought.

"Good now I think you need to relax" he said leaning close to kiss her cheek. "I'm fine" she said. "But you can be so much better" he said kissing her lips. He pushed her slowly onto to her back. "Luke" she said as he placed kisses down her neck. "Stop thinking about Ronaldo and all that stuff. It will all work out. Plus you'll have more time for this" he smiled kissing her hard on the lips as his hand moved up her thigh.

It was after three in the morning when Molly pulled the car into Cristiano’s driveway. She had left Luke’s a little earlier and had driven around trying to clear her mind. She wasn’t Junior’s nanny anymore. Ok that would take time to get used to. She had got used to seeing Irina with Junior when he was a baby. Junior not needing her to breastfeed him anymore had being extremely tough on Molly at first but she got past it. She’d still be living at the house. She’d still see him. See everyone. She’d get used to it all she thought as she switched the car off. She didn’t have much of a choice. The other option was to do what she had intended to in the first place. What was the original plan in the first place.

She shook her head and headed to the front door. She heard the taping of Marcosa’s paws coming down the dark hallway. He let out a bark once he reached her. “Ssh good boy” she said bending down to rub his head. “We don’t want to wake anyone” she whispered before standing up. The glow from the living room light shone into the hallway the closer Molly got to the room.

She let out a yawn as she entered the room. The events of the day. Between the photo shoot and the surprise arrival were starting to hit her. She could have stayed at Luke’s like he wanted but she had never…she had never being away.....

“Have you slept with him?” a man’s voice asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh what will the last question lead to? Was Luke the right person for Molly to turn to? Has Molly actually realized what she had agreed to?

Thanks to ak9_sh,valary_roxs_07, and realmadrid0bsessed for their comments.