Moonlight Shadow

Moonlight Shadow

Once upon a time, there lived a Queen who ruled over the Land of the Lost Spirits, and her name was Miguela, the Queen of the Lost Spirits. Her land was far, far away, next to the Land of the One-Legged Frogs, next to the Land of the One-Winged Mosquitoes, next to the Land of the Swamp People, and next to the Land of the Intelligent Crystals.
So, Miguela the Queen lived in her Castle, read scrolls, wrote poetry, and ruled over her subjects, the Lost Spirits. She had been ruling and ruling for centuries, but for some reason, she didn’t feel happy or satisfied.
You would ask, was it because of some dragons that inhabited her land? No, it wasn’t.
Or, was it because of some trolls who were disturbing the peace and quiet of the precious Queen? Again, no.
You would ask, was it because of her appearance? Hmmmmm…
Well, you do expect the Queen to be stunningly beautiful. Well, she wasn’t. In addition to looking like an over-sized balloon, she had a straight hair of the style you would call ‘an explosion at the macaroni factory’. Her ears were so big that, just by wiggling them a little, she could create small tornadoes. Her eyes were almost shut; her nose looked like a drooping hook, and her smile... Well, she never smiled.
One day a couple of tornadoes created by her ears made another dozen of her subjects fly away towards the Land of the One-Winged Mosquitoes. Of course, the Mosquitoes attacked the subjects. An epic battle took place, with the subjects slapping themselves on their arms, hands, necks, faces, and, of course, their foreheads. The Mosquitoes were being damaged by a dozen; however, they stood the ground. I mean the stretch of the swamp that lies between the border and the point marked on all maps as “Old Barn with One Wall and No Hay Inside".
The brave dozen had to retreat across the border and had to be treated for the bites. They had to be re-treated because the magic emerald-green liquid that was put on the bites evaporated too fast to the joy of the local pharmacists as they could sell more of that emerald-green liquid.
The scratching of the bites was so extensive and loud that the sound of it began to irritate other subjects, who had not been involved into the epic battle and had not been treated for any bites. Some trolls and fairies complained loudly in the local pubs and in whisper in the market square. We can't tell now whether it was because of the loud scratching or because of the loud whispers of complaint that made the Wisest and the Oldest Wizards and Witches of the Land of the Lost Spirits assemble at the Castle and have a Council as it was the custom in case of emergency.
The Wisest and the Oldest brought with them their magic books, wands, brooms, and cups (coffee and doughnuts were provided in the Castle). They also brought with them their invisible books, wands, brooms, and cups for the visible coffee. Aifos, the Oldest Witch, who was to preside over the Council, carried her Crystal Ball in her hands.
You would ask, the Oldest WITCH, not the Oldest WIZARD? Yes, the Oldest WITCH! And it was not because of the Equal Opportunity Act; it was because for the last 375 and 8/6 years, the Oldest Wizard was on a voyage around the Universe spending all the time in his hut next to the Land of the Swamp People.
You would ask, has he gone crazy? No. I am telling you, he has gone on a voyage!
So, the Wisest and the Oldest filled their cups with coffee (⅓ boiling water, ⅔ coffee mess, 2 cubes of sugar, and a pinch of some Magic Powder that was considered to be a weight-loss thingy). And the elves and fairies distributed the doughnuts; and the crumbs were swept off the Big Table. And Aifos, the Oldest Witch, with 2 and ⅔ knocks of the Magic Gavel, brought the Council to order.

THE STORY OF THE BIG TABLE
A long, long time ago, at the times lost in the mist of Time, at the times when the Castle was still being built, the Big Table was just a number of trees waiting to become a heavy square with richly carved, curved-in sides and a ball-shaped thick leg to support the top.