Status: One Shot in Ken POV

You Know She's in Love With Me

Asking the Family

I wake up and yawn and look down and see Jezebel isn't in bed with me. I turn and see her and Mike are laying on his bed. I go over and kiss her forehead. I get in the shower and then get all dress for the track. I grab my wallet and go downstairs and go to Starbucks. Lindsay looks at me.

"I thought you didn't like it?" She said.
"I don't but Jezebel dose. She needs it when Mike wakes up soon."
"That's nice of you."

I nod my head and go to the worker and order Jezebel's coffee drink then get her tea knowing when she first wakes up she prefers tea then coffee. I grab some honey and then some sugar and lean against the wall. Lindsay looks at me.

"You know you seem twitchy around me and Ryan for the last few days," She said.

I sigh making her look at me.

"I need to talk to Tory and I been putting it off since last time we were in Vegas," I told her.
"Do you have the ring?"
"Yeah."

I grab the box out of my pocket and open it to her. She grabs it and smiles.

"She's going to love it. Wedding bands are going to be hard to get it to fit," She said.
"I got it already. It was a set. I didn't see a reason to not buy them both."
"How did you do this without her knowing?"
"I worked something out with Ricky so the team bought it instead of giving me some money for Supercross."
"That's smart. Tory is in the room eating breakfast with Ryan. You should join me."

I nod my head and put the ring away and get Jezebel's drinks and fallow Lindsay's to her and Ryan's room. She leads me in and point to the counter. I put the cups down. Lindsay leads me to the room where Tory, Ryan and Michelle are in eating breakfast.

"Hey Ken. Didn't expect you this early," Ryan said.
"What?" Lindsay asks.
"Giving him a ride to the track so Jezebel can come later."

Lindsay nods her head knowing we did that at times in Supercross this last season. Ryan looks at me then at Lindsay.

"Is everything ok with Jezebel and Mike?" Ryan asks worried.
"Yeah they are great. Sleeping still," I said.

I grab the box out of my pocket and put my hands behind my back and look at Tory.

"Why does he look ready to puke?" Ryan asks.

Lindsay looks at him making him look at me. I take a deep breath and place the box on top of the table. Tory stops and looks at it.

"I'm going to ask Jezebel to marry me," I said.
"So you asking for his blessing/" Ryan asks.

I look at Ryan and nod my head remerging that's what Ricky told me to say since in Germany we really don't do this.

"Yes I would like your blessing in doing that," I said.
"Why?" Tory asks.
"Why what?"
"I thought I made it very clear that we don't like you. So why come here knowing what you going to get?"
"Because I pay attention to your daughter and know that doing this matters."
"She moved in with you after we told her that it was wrong. That you are wrong for her."
"Why because I win races?"
"She doesn't want to be in this world. You come around and put her in this world."

I sit down across from Tory and Michelle points to the box. I grab it and hand it to her.

"Tory if she didn't want to be a part of this world why did she let Mike get in to it like she did?" I ask.
"Then why did she want people to stop talking about her?" Tory asks.
"She was ashamed of being pregnant at 15. She still struggles with her emotion towards ridding."
"She has emotions towards herself ridding?"
"She doesn't want to. That's her choice but there is guilt because to her that was the only way you cared about her."

Tory looks at me and I know I got him angry. I take a deep breath and look at my hands.

"Her point of view might not be right but it's her point of view. It's one that you two need to talk about not yell at me telling me I'm wrong," I said.
"Right."
"She also feels guiltily that she has so much talent on it and there is no passion for it."
"That makes a lot of sense," Ryan said.

I nod my head and look at Ryan and know I need to get him on board of this or Jezebel might say no once he talks to her.

"Do you have the matching wedding band already?" Michelle asks.
"Yes," I said.

Ryan and Tory looks at the ring and Ryan nod his head. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Jezebel calling me. I grab it.

"Hey," I said.
"Hi Daddy. Where are you?" Mike asks.
"I'm down in the lobby Mike. Is mom up?"
"No. She still is sleeping. I got her phone."
"Ok. Play on it. I will be there soon."
"OK. Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and get up and grab the ring.

"I need to go to make sure Mike doesn't get hurt in the room or wake Jezebel," I said going to the counter.
"See you in 30 minutes for the ride," Ryan said.
"Right see you guys then."

I grab the drinks and go out. Lindsay came and opens the door then hugs me.

"Can you talk to Ryan in to liking this?" I ask.
"No," she said.

I look at her scared.

"You know what you need to do in the drive to the arena," She said.

I nod my head knowing I need to ask Ryan for his blessing now. I go out and go to my and Jezebel’s room and open the door. I run to the bedroom where Mike is playing on my and Jezebels bed with his bikes. I put the tea down next to her then go and put the coffee in the fridge. I go over and get Mike and walk to the room. I set him on the counter and hand him a banana then go and start my breakfast. I stop and look at Mike and he smiles at me.

"Mike, I got a question for you," I said.
"What is it?"
"How do you like living with me?"
"I love it. I love ridding all the time."

I laugh and look at him and run a hand through my hair thinking about a way to ask him about it. I smile when I think of a way knowing how to see how he feels about me marrying Jezebel.

"Do you want your last name to be Roczen like mine?" I ask.
"What about Mommy?"
"Her last name will be Roczen too."
"That sounds good. Do I have to have 94 like Tate dose with Chad?"
"Nope. You can run a plain bike for now."
"When I get to racing do I have to?"
"No. You can choose your very own number you want when you race."

He nods his head and smiles at me. I smile at him and finish cooking my breakfast. I sit down and start eating it talking to Mike about the track. Jezebel came and looks at me.

"No honey is in this," She said.

I grab the honey out of my pocket. She grabs it and pours it in the cup and stirs it. She kisses my lips.

"Thank you. How are you feeling?" She asks.
"Good. I got you coffee in the fridge. I got to go pack for the track,” I said.
"It's time already?"
"I'm going with Ryan."

She nods her head. I kiss her forehead and then go to the room and make sure I got everything I need for my track then walk out and kiss mike's forehead then Jezebel's lips.

"Love you. See you later," I told her.
"Later."

I walk out and go to Ryan's room. They come out and we walk downstairs and go to the truck. Lindsay hands me to door.

"She will love the ring,” Ryan said.
"Thank you," I said.
"Got a plan how you want to do it?"
"Yeah."
"That's good."

I nod my head.

"Can I have your blessing?" I ask.
"Yeah. Since she moved in with you she has been happy. It took me awhile for me to not feel hurt for not being able to give it to her. That's all it was."
"I got it."

He pulls up. I go and go to the track. I go out and go over to Ricky.

"Hey I need some help," I said.
"With what?" Ricky asks.
"I want my entrance to be me proposing to Jezebel.”
"Let me go see if I can do that for you," He said.
"Thank you."
"It might be on TV too."
"That's ok."
"She shouldn't just be in her team shirt like she likes to wear to hide as a worker and not your women."

Carey came over and looks at us.

"Plotting?" He asks.
"Yeah. I got to go," Ricky said.

Carey looks at me.

"I'm asking Jezebel to marry me today," I said.
"The comment you made yesterday makes sense."

I laugh since I said I need the million dollars to pay for the wedding.

"She not going to like to be in a team shirt looking back on this day," He said.
"Yeah got to figure out how to do that without her wondering why,” I said.
"Transworld loves having you guys do those answers things. They get a lot of traffic. Especially the ones with her."
"It helps that she knew the guy for years and he shows her respect."
"Very true."

Don came over and looks at us. Carey let him in.

"Hey. Is Jezebel here?" He asks.
"Not yet. Mike was still sleeping when I needed to be here," I said.
"You think she's up to doing Know your rider again?"
"Let me call her and check."
"Ok. Text me I got to go ask the other couple seeing as you guys are in."

I nod my head and Ricky came back and smiles at me.

"Ok it's set up. They are going to chop up your entrance video to make it shorter. You’re going to apart in her section got to get her down there," He said.
"I get one of the girls in the box with her to do it," I said thinking of Lindsay.
"Ok. I got Mike something."

I go inside and see Jessica Tickle putting things away in the haul.

"I got cookies for Mike," She said.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I was shopping for food for me today and got him some."
"Thanks."
"No problem."

She put them up in the cupboard where we been putting the cookies. Ricky hands me a shirt. I smile seeing it's a black tank top with Roczen, Dungey carmichael on it and the Yellow, Orange, and Red on it and the deigns make our numbers out.

"I figure I got him a baggie shirt so he can wear it all day today," HE said.
"Thanks. I tell Jezebel about it. She might not be too in to it."
"It's a new thing with Fox."
"I like it."
"Ok."

I grab my phone and call her.

"Hey Ken," She said answering it.
"Hey. Transworld is asking if you can shoot something like you did before."
"Ok. That's fine."
"Ok. I didn't ruin anything did?"
"No. Just got out the shower."
"OK. Love you."
"Love you too. Forgot anything here?"
"No. There are cookies for Mike."
"Are they form Supercross?"
"No. they are new. Jessica brought them for him. Ricky got a shirt for him to wear too."
"He wears only fox shirts."
"It's ok trust me ok?"
"Ok. How is everything feeling?"
"Good. I got to go."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

She hangs up and I put the shirt in my bag and go downstairs and look at my bike. I go over to my dad and mom. They hug me and I sit down knowing I need to tell them what is happening.

"I'm going to ask Jezebel to marry me," I said.
"When?" My dad asks.
"Today when they announce the riders."
"She's shy," My mom said.
"It's fine mom."

She looks at me and I smile at her and get up.

"I need to talk to Lindsay about helping me do something," I said.
"Good luck. She's a good girl for you,” My dad said.

My mom nods her head. I look at them and sigh.

"We won't be living in Germany," I said.
"It's not home anymore to you," My dad said.

I nod my head and get up and walk to the KTM place and Jade smiles at me. He came over to me and he hugs me.

"I heard what you are planning today," he said.
"Yeah got everything pretty much set just need one thing form Lindsay."
"Got it. So I'm so going to be in the wedding party right?"
"Maybe."

He looks at me.

"I don't know how we are going to get married," I explain.
"You won't be eloped. We won't let our little sister do that to the family. Just family and close friends is just fine."
"Ok if that's the case of course."
"Good."

I rolled my eyes and he pats my back.

"She will say yes. Don't be nervous," He said.
"Ok."

He goes inside and Lindsay came and smiles at me.

"What you need?" She asks.
"I'm going to do it in entrances," I said.
"Is that a good idea with her being as shy as she is?"
"Yeah it's good," I said.
"She will think its cool and less stress in letting people know," Jade said.
"I guess you’re right," Lindsay said.
"I need someone to take her down to the seats for it," I said.
"I got it."
"Try to get her not to change ok?"
"Got it. I understand."
"Thanks."

She hugs me.

"Welcome to the Dungey family," He said.
"Thanks."

I go over to the pit area and go in the rig and see Don there. I go over and answer the questions. I get up and get change in gear and go down and ride out to practice.