I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Race Time

I'm looking at Mike who is talking to Jade while pointing at the bike. I warp my arms around myself. Ryan came and sits down next to me. He warps his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I see he got new plastics," Ryan said.
"Ken didn't think it was a good idea for him to have that for racing."
"He also got a number."

I nod my head and he looks at me.

"Who picked his number?" Ryan asks.
"He did. I told him to pick three numbers for his bike. He picked 459 but talking to people 945 works better for this race."

Ryan nods his head. Ken came over with Adam.

"DADDY!" Mike yells when he spots Ken.
 
I smile as I watch Ken came over and sit down on the ground and talk to Mike. I go over and Mike looks at me and smiles.

"Look at my bike," Mike said.
"Yeah. It's pretty. You like it?"
"Yeah."

I smile and Jade came over to me.

"He doesn't like the seat. I over looked how it was set up before to make it the same," He said.
"You fix it?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks for the help."

He kisses my head making me push him away from me making him laugh.

"His bike is in really great shape for how much he rides," Jade said.
"There been some fixing it up," I said.
"That you done?"
"Ken's dad."

He nods his head. Ken came over and kisses my forehead.

"Are you going down there with him?" I ask.
"No. I am," Jade said.
"No. I'm the father and that's my spot,” Ken said.
"No."

I walk over to Mike and get the bike started and take him down to the track.

"You are going to stay with me?" He asks.
"Yeah. Not the spot for your dad right now."

He nods his head and he lines up where he's spouse to. I make sure his helmet, gloves, and boots are on right.

"Chest protector?" I ask.
"Yes and neck brace."

He show me it and I nod my head and help him put his goggles on. The other kids come. I stay to the back as I watch Mike is lining up and looking at the track. The gate drops and mike takes off. I bit my lip as I watch him take off. I go over to the end and see Ken is leaning against the wall. He warps his arm around me and kisses my head.

"He knows how to ride a dirt bike why am I afraid?" He asks.
"Because you know how to ride a dirt bike and you been hurt."
"You are scared too right?"
"Yes."

He nods his head and we watch the race at the end. I go where Mike is and help him take off his helmet. He looks at me gasping for air. I squat down and put my hand on his back.

"It's ok. You got to take deep breaths," I told him.
 
Ken came over and I hand him Mike's helmet. Mike lays his head on my shoulder.

"Deep breaths baby," I told him softly rubbing his back.

Ken looks at me and I know he's a little scared. I smile at him as I rub Mike's back. He moves and is see he is breathing better.

"Let's go to the truck," I said.

He nods his head and start ridding with me and Ken walking behind him. Jade picks up his bike and put it on the stand. I smile seeing him talk to Jade and Ryan. Ken kisses my forehead.

"He never holds his breath before," Ken said.
"I know."
"That worries me with his heart."
"He got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to make sure it's fine."

He nods his head and sighs.

"Then me and him are going to Disneyland and Cinnabon," I said.
"Fun."

I smile and go over to Mike who has his boots off and talking to Ryan. I go over and kiss his head. He smiles at me.

"I'm hungry mommy," He said.
"It's almost dinner time. What do you want?"
"Can we get Prawns?"
"Yeah."

Mike looks at Ryan and Ryan smiles at him.

"Me and Aunt Lindsay are coming.

Mike smiles and runs to Adam and start talking to him. Ryan looks at me and pats my back.

"Do you know what place we getting dinner at?" He asks.
"Yeah."

We talk a little about the restaurant and then he leaves with Jade to go to the restaurant and get the table. I rolled my eyes knowing they are planning something before getting Mike and get him to change in to clothes. He helps Ken and Adam pick up the rest of the stuff while I talk to Lindsay and Whitney. I get in the truck with Ken and lean in the seat as Ken get Mikes buckle up.

"Did anyone get any pictures?" I ask.
"Adam has a lot. He brought his big camera. Lindsay and Whitney have a lot too."

I nod my head and look at Mike and see him playing with his bikes in the back.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him.
"Good. Can I race again?"

I look at Ken and he nods his head.

"Yeah but we talk about that more after the doctors," I said.
"I almost fell down and couldn't get air in. It wasn't my chest."
"OK Mike but if the doctor says it's too much stress then it's too much and you got to stop till it's fixes."
"Ok."

I sigh and Ken pulls up to the house.

"Park in the garage and take my car," I said.
"Ok.

I get out and get Mike out and we go to my car and Ken drives to the restaurant. We get out and Mike holds on to my hand as he walks and I see Adam. We go over to him.

"We got a table," Adam said.
"Where's your camera?" I ask.
"I will send you everything tonight."
"Ok."

We go inside and fallow Adam to a table. We sit down and Mike is next to me and Ryan.

"You did well at the race," Lindsay told Mike.
"Thank you."

He smiles at her. I grab a bikes and he grabs them and hand one to Ryan and start playing with Adam.

"How is wedding planning going?" Lindsay asks.
"It's going," I said looking at the seafood list.
"That's great. You got a photographer for engagement pictures right?"
"Yep."
"So you got a place to work with them."

I nod my head and point to the shrimp.

"Is that breaded?" I ask.

Ken looks at me then read it.

"It could be. That sounds good if it not breaded," He said.

The waiter came and we all order our drinks and Ken ask about it and we figure out it's not breaded. I put the menu down and see Lindsay is looking at me.

"Are you excited to be getting married?" Lindsay asks.
"Yes."
"Then act like it."
"I'm planning a wedding. Why do I have to tell you everything to be excited about it?"
"I was always talking about my wedding to everyone when I was planning."
"You also have a different life then I do."
"You don't work. What else do you have to do?"
"How about you plan a wedding when you and Ryan decide to have kids when the child is a five year old."
"We can watch him to help you."
"If needed your help then I would have asked for it. I will ask for it if I need help."

She looks at me and sighs.

"You need to get out of your head just because I want to help you means something," she said.
"If you want a child around so much then get on to having children," I told her.

She looks at me and I grab the menu and start looking at it. The waitress came and we all order the food. I kiss Mike's head.

"Did you have fun racing?" Jade asks Mike.
"Yeah. I love it," He said.

We all keep the focus on Mike while we eat. We leave and Ken is holding Mike since he's asleep.

"We got his bikes form the table right?" Ken asks.
"Yeah."
"Ok."

He walks to the car and I hug Ryan and Lindsay.

"See you guys later," I said.
"We need to talk," Lindsay said.
"Stop pressuring me about getting married. It will happen when it happens."
"It needs to start now so Ken's mind can be on it too."
"Me and Ken are not you and Ryan. It's going to be different then you two and how we plan is going to be."
"Ok. I will try."

I nod my head and hug Ryan.

"Thank you for coming," I said.
"No problem. I come to the most I can," He said.

I nod my head and go to the car. Ken starts driving home.

"You and Lindsay did talk right?" He asks.
"Yes," I said.
"It's somewhat fix?"
"Yeah."

I grab my phone and text Adam to remind him to see me the pictures. Ken gets out and gets Mike out and goes upstairs. I start unpacking the truck. Jade came and start helping me.

"What happen tonight?" Jade asks.
"Since I been engaged it's all she has really talked to me about," I said.
"You know people at times get help with the planning on almost everything?”
"She wants to help me plan?"
"Yeah. It's a given that she's the Maiden of Horner. I mean she is the person here with you compare to the people who you are going to have."

I sigh and sit down on a bench as Jade is unpacking.

"I don't care how it looks," I said.
"Maybe Lindsay can help you with that."

I sigh and nod my head and look at my hands and smile seeing my ring. Jade came over and sit next to me.

"I want mom and dad to at least be civil to him. ," I said.
"They will."

I look at Jade and he kisses my head.

"You need to just figure out your wedding parties. It will make Lindsay happy to know where she stands," He said.
"Can I be a little mean?" I ask.
"Of course you can. Who else would you be if you were not?"

I laugh and get up and go in the house and see Ken and Whitney talking and Ken is getting out a wine bottle.

"Your baby sleeping too?" I ask.
"Yeah."

I nod my head and grab my lap top.

"Hey there are four of us," Jade said.

I look and see Ken only got three cups down.

"I don't drink wine," I said.

Jade and Whitney look at me.

"I know you prefer whiskey and rum but not drinking wine," Jade said.
"I don't like the taste of it," I said.
"That's going to be interesting with the family."

I laugh and smile seeing Adam sent me a e-mail. I open it and start looking at the pictures. Ken came over to me and hand me the cup.

"Try," he said.

I rolled my eyes and grab it and take a sip and shake my head and hand it to him.

"Icky," I said.
"He looks good," Ken said.

I nod my head smiling. Ken kisses my head. Jade and Whitney came and we talk as we look through the pictures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit